Sign in to follow this  
Thorvar

New Aranea - Xan L22 - a town reborn

In my travels through Xanadu I saw many abandoned deeds, many places left alone a long time ago and a lot of ruins, flat terrain retaken by nature. I've seen lonely guard towers sticking out in the middle of a forest. I've seen paved squares where houses and castles used to climb high above the trees. I saw horses looking desperately for their long gone owners. I've also seen cavern systems partially collapsed by the flow of time. In all this decay and abandonment one place made me wonder what it was like before. Only one place made me stop and look. One place had the power and the mysteriousity that made me decide to lead its rebirth and this place is...

New Aranea

I decided to continue what someone wanted to create before. The old thread is right down below and the qualities that this place used to show are there too.

That stated I also wish to say that I do not plan to copy and plagiarise the old Aranea. I only wish to improve what it was meant to be and I believe I can lead the New Aranea more efficiently than it was lead before. The area sure requires a lot of work to restore it to its greatness but I believe I can do it. I believe we can do it.

What it will be:

- a great and beautiful town worth every look;

- a tight-knit community with an emphasis on good fun;

- a project of systematic improvement and progress;

- a council like the one old Aranea used to have;

- no ranks;

- no specialized crafters;

- player housing;

- group projects;

- making silver coins together;

- and much much more!

What it is:

- a mailbox;

- a guard tower;

- a few deity altars;

- a couple of bridges leading up the cliff;

- a small lake;

- plenty of resources;

- enchanted grass;

- a simple house;

- a small farm;

- plenty of land waiting for tenants.

What I want from you:

- commitment;

- time;

- being a team-player.

But remember that I don’t want you to stay online 24/7. We all have lives outside the game and we all need to prioritize those. It’s normal and understandable that sometimes we simply can’t play. Now with that being said…

Everyone is welcome! New players, returning players, veteran players - we have space for everyone!

Just remember this is a project to make a town from scratch. Commitment will be required.

Go /tell Thorvar in-game or post below. You can also send me a PM on the forums ?

Here is a map on how to get to us from the old recruitment post (I think the owner doesn’t mind)

j0dM0P9.jpg

And here, to keep tradition up, is a couple of photos of how the place is looking at the moment. Come and help me make it better. Photos during the day coming up ;)

Y4EUaGO.jpg

h3ywk5X.jpg

Edited by Thorvar
  • Like 1