Sign in to follow this  
christopher

the mean players

hit wrong button fell off horse at rift tried get back on wouldn't let me died trying , grab spare rope from tent go to body n try save horse run in cant lead  die again trying .waitin to get body they fightin around n keep pullin near body I cant get to it hurt from tryin ask help heal none comes die again .but wait a voice stop runnin in ur pullin mobs ,what I think to myself. why u use duel swords .I ask for spare horse no response ,just attack me for duel swords ,use a shield .u die all time .we been playing for 6 yrs we no bla bla .so I have to conform no, you hit every 3 min with off hand haha attack a guy when down again ,several jibs later i give up finaly grab body pack up tent n walk back to boat drive home feeling like, do I quit wurm .

I'm sorry you got beaten up at the rift - it sounds like you were trying to get into an area where there were a lot of mobs, so probably early in a wave.  Sometimes the best thing you can do is pick your moment, wait for the critters to thin a bit before you run back in.  It's generally best to approach the rift crowd a little at a time, so just attract the aggro of a few critters, then kill them, then go a bit deeper, gradually working your way in; that way, you don't get mobbed.  Also, it's not a bad idea to take a less valuable horse into the rift, as that way, if the horse catches dead (and they will from time to time), you haven't lost your favourite one.  You can always ride to the rift on the fast horse, leading the spare, then make sure you park your good horse well clear (ideally in a pen) while you ride the spare.  You should always have plenty of cotton handy (keep a backup supply in your tent/cart), as there often aren't many characters around who can heal.

Good luck, hope you give a rift another go sometime!

• Like 4

I'm sorry you feel that way. The scenario you described sounds terrible. But I was there and it did not go down exactly like that.

People were trying to give you advise. Regarding dual sword, get the hard facts. Does it work? How effective is it? Knowing the facts, are you happy with how it works? Then do what you like.

You asked for a horse, and I said I had no spares. I usually bring spares to Rifts, but was in a rush today.

A few of us saw you run naked into the Rift mob and dying, for the nth time, and someone found your dead grey horse and body, told you about it. You could have asked for help locate and secure them, instead of going solo and dying multiple times. Many of us have suffered death at a Rift and know how it feels. Just got to ask, no biggie.

I have Rifted with you a number of times. I have to say that it is not unusual for you to perish a few times in a Rift. Something about your current gameplay doesn't work so well, and might benefit from some adjustments. Having done more than 30 Rifts is ok, but if your performance and survivability can do with improvements, maybe take those advise under consideration.

From one noob to another, we get told our mistakes, one way or another. Just roll with it and play on.

See you at the next Rift!

Edited by Mataleao
typo
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, christopher said:

later i give up finaly grab body pack up tent n walk back to boat drive home feeling like, do I quit wurm .

Rifts are just a very small portion of the enjoyable (or not so) Wurm experience. Personally I have never participated in one or have any desire to. Seems that you have had a bad experience that you need to learn from if you want to continue to go to them. Already you have received some good advice here and no doubt more will be added. People quit the game for all sorts of reasons and there will always be people you find to be "mean" according to your standards, so best to pay them little heed and continue to have a positive experience and interaction with others that you like.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

@christopher

I can't do much to change what happened to you, but I can help mend a bit of what was broken. I will gift you two horses along with cages to transport them if you got the means to come get them. Send me a PM and I will have two 5 speed horses (a breeding pair if I have it, need to check if I got a breeding pair) you can come get.

I know is not much, but I hope it helps.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 6

Hello Christopher, please calm down and stay with us. I had bad experiences at 3 rifts lately with idiots doing mass pulling, and lost 3 horses. Ok, my rift horses are expendable in a way, I use the 3 and 4 speed breeds (I never kill foals because I hate that), but I hold them dear and bury each of them with a gravestone at my battlehorse memorial building. And one loses horses always in a quagmire.

I am not sure whether one dismounts by misclick (possible as the buttons for attack and disembark are unreasonably close to one another, and misclick may happen due to lag in presentation layer - one clicks at the button one sees on screen, but in fact hits the other one), or there is an other bug. It happens only and always in such insane crowds idiotic mob pullers create.

And sometimes people are unhelpful. You have been at many rifts and should know that they aren't always. Last rift I was on, on Release, was great, all mature players, great tactics, only (regrettably) one fatality, and lot of fun. I hope for other good ones in the future. Personally, I consider in the future leaving a rift area immediately if people do mass pulling of rift mobs, place the camp inside the attack area, or commit other unexcusable tactical mistakes or wrongdoings.

corvand zien  and eledoc hurt my feelings as I was 3times dead and seems they were making it worst and liking it .the rest didn't bother me eg horses dying .yes I ran in to get my bodies yes I die heaps I go from fs 70 to 72 n back again heaps I lose skills left right n center . I love using duel swords even if its wrong ,who nos one day it may be right.id like to thank the people who showed to be kind .falling of horse was my downfall .cant have perfect days .or be perfect .thanks for support notes 

Dont blame others, because it didnt went well on the Rift. You had a very bad day. Just cooldown from the rage. Just have fun again in wurm soon.

Kind regards

• Like 2

2 hours ago, christopher said:

...hurt my feelings...

Those mean kids. Especially that crazy damn peasant zien. Pls share what mean things they said or did to hurt you. Throw up your log.

As I remember, people were telling you to stop running into the mob. And they were giving you sound advice on gearing, game mechanics etc. Maybe they were not eloquent enough to express their advice in a nicer, more palatable manner. As a fellow noob, I know that the truth hurts sometimes. Makes you feel stupid, like a disappointed donsky, or a silly dumb bell maybe. But hopefully, if you stay on, you'll one day look back and laugh about all these. Or witness a noob make these very same mistakes you made and you'll see things from the other side, and perhaps, deliver your sage advice better than those rudeboys you have galantly mentioned.

As the wise @tclunatic said:

48 minutes ago, tclunatic said:

...Just cooldown from the rage. Just have fun again in wurm soon...

In the meantime, let's chuck back a few coldies and have a laugh about all this malakary. Perhaps be good to also grow thicker hide, like Oakshell, so kind or evil words said in jest or otherwise might just bounce off us like inconsequential little darts of null import.

As always, have good day.

• Like 4

I want to emphasize another aspect: An estimated two third up to eighty percent of the players are non native English speakers/writers. This works badly on both sides, senders and receivers, and misunderstandings or misinterpretations occur easily, and escalate even more easily, in the tense situation of a battle in particular. What may have been meant just as an advice to improve the gear may have been understood as patronizing and insulting. Personally, I know about the drawbacks of my equipment, I use it though and take in account higher risk as well as lower damage dealt.

As I have not witnessed the situation of that day, it is well possible that from the other people's perspective it looks different. Now I see that Zien wants to quit because the "naming and shaming" which is always a damn stupid thing hurt him and spoiled his fun with Wurm. That is a pity as I met and learnt Zien as a decent player and I would ask him too to swallow the frustration and go on playing. Please all of you be a bit more careful with your wording.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 3

Christopher, I know everyone is trying to soothe your feelings but I think I'm going to fall into the "mean group" here:

At multiple rifts (indy) you've rushed in and pulled massive mobs. You've gone in and tried to solo gangs at a time. Everyone kept telling you to lay off, work as a team, and yet you didn't heed their warnings. I do not know where this rift was, as I didn't participate in any this round, but if people weren't listening to you, it could be because you didn't listen to anyone for many, many rifts. You showed yourself not to be a team player a long time ago. You can't expect people to just run to your help now...

• Like 3

oh.. that pepega mechanic is back in the game?

I had 2 deaths several years ago.. getting off a horse to get a cart away from overrun fighting spot, same thing.. once I got off the horse.. I was not able to get back on it.. or lead and hitch, get on cart to move it.. etc etc.. 2 deaths + 2 horses lost..

retarded mechanic //just imo..

even if it's for pve alone... and this could be useful in pvp... it's dumb.. on pve as mobs don't run out of stamina chasing.. and you don't get another option to skip a fight.. unless you have a mount to move away free from the stamina penalties for movement.

It's not the people you fought with.. you never fought *with* them, don't blame them or your experience than.. it's how it is on other servers.. you find new friends or just *randoms*.

I don't know where this have happened, but it's sad to see that this mechanic is still that un-well thought of and left to be a thing...

sad, sad, sad..

oh wait.. we can get off horses when certain wounds are causing temporary body stat loss.. instant death for everybody who can't kill the enemy mob than.. "great news".. 

Hopefully something could be done about that.. one day

To say one thing to Champagnedragon: I fought on several rifts in groups with Christopher. And while it is true that he often takes too high risks, stays in fight too long though critically wounded, and sometimes engage in solo fights with bad outcome, therefore dies quite often, I never saw him pulling flocks of mobs onto others. Additionally, where he could, he provided others with spare horses, helped building camps and pens etc.

To the "meanness " of the players enough has been said. A Rift is a tense situation, and unpleasant things may occur. I love them though, and most times, cooperation works well.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2019 at 9:51 PM, christopher said:

corvand zien  and eledoc hurt my feelings as I was 3times dead and seems they were making it worst and liking it .the rest didn't bother me eg horses dying .yes I ran in to get my bodies yes I die heaps I go from fs 70 to 72 n back again heaps I lose skills left right n center . I love using duel swords even if its wrong ,who nos one day it may be right.id like to thank the people who showed to be kind .falling of horse was my downfall .cant have perfect days .or be perfect .thanks for support notes 

Corvand has a huge ego, was back in JK when I wooped his ass in a spar.

Nothing is wrong with using dual swords. I used to run around with Long/Short swords for awhile not the most optimal but if you're just doing PvE stuff I don't see the problem.

On 4/20/2019 at 8:42 PM, christopher said:

hit wrong button fell off horse at rift tried get back on wouldn't let me died trying , grab spare rope from tent go to body n try save horse run in cant lead  die again trying .waitin to get body they fightin around n keep pullin near body I cant get to it hurt from tryin ask help heal none comes die again .but wait a voice stop runnin in ur pullin mobs ,what I think to myself. why u use duel swords .I ask for spare horse no response ,just attack me for duel swords ,use a shield .u die all time .we been playing for 6 yrs we no bla bla .so I have to conform no, you hit every 3 min with off hand haha attack a guy when down again ,several jibs later i give up finaly grab body pack up tent n walk back to boat drive home feeling like, do I quit wurm .

You're not likely to get a spare horse at a rift, most spare horses get handed out before the rift.

I'd say your best bet was to try and get a friend to help you recover your body and horse(hopefully before it dies).

It's hard to find someone trustworthy enough to recover your body without stealing your stuff though. This game has had terrible instances of thievery.

Helped one guy recover his body at a rift once, he was carrying scale and rare items, but I wasn't about to risk reputation over stealing a few in game items and gave his body back with everything on it.

Just remember you can also set those people that berated you on ignore, that way you don't have to hear them again.

Edited by Kswords
  • Like 1

Upon seeing the title i got excited thinking this was gonna be a "Mean Girls III the cafeteria showdown" 

In advance i'll say i feel for those when they are struggling and feel they aren't getting the help they need or feel mistreated or spoken to harshly..those are bad feels.  For that I can sympathize. 

The road stops there though, for the many rifts i've been to, i've noticed a common theme for christopher.  I didn't and don't know you but have become aware of you via this scenario that repeats.  Rift begins, there is an organized pull of mobs that the overall group will take down in some systematic process.  There then is this lone wolf off to the left usually far away from the group skirting the perim pulling a massive line of mobs by himself and people are giving suggestions not to, and is met with what seems deaf ears.  so then people watch to wonder..will he make it beyond the saftey zone out of reach of the train of mobs in time or not...it's close sometimes..very close.  meanwhile the group is still trying to work with the onslaught of organized killing of the same wave of mobs working as a team.  This is all i can speak to and all my memmory has for many many many rifts.  a sort of  ....and there goes christoper again. and sigh..

I was also at this rift and as a single target healer maybe with one other healer if that.

First one or 2 times you got hurt I healed you back to full. By running back in for your body naked continually (at least 5 times) and pulling 10+ mobs onto the group at once you made it extremely difficult for me to do my job. I burned through all my vesseled gems extremely fast and by the time you were yelling for heals I had little to no favor left as every body needed healing at this point.

You seemed hell bent on getting your body back regardless of the consequences for the rest of the group. You were also asked multiple times to wait until the group was able to clear a path for you - which you disregarded.

To be fair, I dont think that during a rift it is anybody's responsibility to heal/keep someone else alive. At one point I needed to get the title for running through the beam, so I got on my horse and crossed it. This had the unfortunate effect of pulling everyone and their mothers, which I did not anticipate. So I bolted in the opposite direction everyone else was and got out of range from the rift.

Self preservation should be your priority in a rift. If you get targetted, run out of range and have the mobs reset. If you are injured, step away and enter a pen and heal yourself. If you die, look for safe ways to retrieve your corpse, such as Karma summon or wait until the coast is clear/the wave ends. If your horse dies, step back and pick on outlying mobs, or stick to the group and pull back as soon as you get hit. Play it safe.

Running out of cotton, stamina, consumables, water, food or health is your problem as a player. No one is required to provide this to you. If you forget your cotton at home, it doesn't automatically make it so other players have to provide you with cotton or heals because you failed to take care of your necessities. If you die, it doesn't mean other players have to protect you to get your body back. There is not a single instance in a rift where you can blame others for your misfortunes because unless they agreed to in advance, no one there signed up to be your chaperone. You came to the rift on your own volition, and as such you are responsible.for your well being.

All that being said, in the world there are nice people and there are douchebags. People will be nasty to you especially when they perceive you are w hinderance to their goals. So don't be offended when people snap at you or act nasty. Its just who they are. Just move on and deal with the ones you have a good time with.

The horses offer is still up. Let me know if you need them.

• Like 6