Sign in to follow this  
Scyldric

no chat window

My chat window seems to have been minimized, to a red line at bottom of screen.  Cant maximize it.

If you minimize a window in game, double-click the bar that is created.  It makes the window maximized again.

Same action along the top is how you minimized it in the first place.  I accidentally do that more times that I like to remember.  :)

problem is it is off screen.  I only have a red line at bottom.  I havent been able to ckick on it.

Try resetting the location to default.  Go to:

Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\[NAME]

Look for a file named something like "windows_1920x1080.txt".  If you have multiple resolutions listed, look at the date the files were last saved.  Odds are only one is being used, unless you are using Wurm on multiple monitors with different resolutions.

Make a copy of that file somewhere just in case...

Open the file in a text editor and search for "chat=".  Delete that line.  The game will put the chat window in the default location when you play again.  It might even default to not collapsed, but I have not tested this.

You can also try copying another window's entry, such as "event=", and replacing chat with that.  You can then close the event window from the in game menu, move the chat window, then open the event window again.