Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Fix Rift Participation :- Separate heal contribution

I just racked up an obscene score from healing at rift (1234 at time of writing this, next highest is 196), deliberately trying not to spam.  But I'm still going to snag the "top prize", and the folks with high kill scores are not.

The solution that would make everyone happy?  Split healing contribution into it's own category, give it for mundane healing too; award separate prizes for it.  Base it off the amount of damage healed.

Everyone wins that way.  Killers get their due; healers get their due (and folks who rescue others do too!).

• Like 4

Does self heal, like life transfer contribute to the healing pool?

+1 and also base on damage instead of tagging mobs.

• Like 1

Healing score is retarded - can confirm..

Top normal fighter score *possible* is ~260, healer score 1k+

It's not so much participation, as much it's .. slapping mobs to tag the kill.. but rewards are bound to participation score.. making players slap mobs and constantly try to tag every mob instead of fighting them to get to better rewards, higher ql mm lump and more rewards;

Priests just quintuple(5x) normal top score with healing...

in that regard what does a priest get at 5x participation cap? 

on the rift thing why is there heaps of rifts in a 4 day period like 2 a day nearly same times to and none for 3 days after seem weird

+1 Fo is already too overpowered in PvE

remove the heal from fo or give it to all priests

3 hours ago, Lucyein said:

Fo is already too overpowered in PvE

Yeh...  No XD

From the mouth of a dev Fo is a...  "Niche" god at the moment (underpowered).

3 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Yeh...  No XD

From the mouth of a dev Fo is a...  "Niche" god at the moment (underpowered).

Then why do you want it nerfed?

Because I play a fo priest and even I think that part is broken?

Also, if you notice, my suggestion doesn't stop healing giving rewards, it just splits it from kill rewards.

does it really give you so much reward that you think it needs to be ''balanced'' despite you using gems and help keep group alive more than people who just  tap each creature? (not a fo priest, so I dont really know how much more reward it gives at high points)

Did they not remove monster tabbing ?

Maybe they should make a new skill Treasure hunting  , make it like arch token finding and add rift rewards ?

Maybe that make people happy ....

Seems that's all people goto rifts for is the reward ....and yes I have not received rewards often ...

2 hours ago, Lucyein said:

does it really give you so much reward that you think it needs to be ''balanced'' despite you using gems and help keep group alive more than people who just  tap each creature? (not a fo priest, so I dont really know how much more reward it gives at high points)

Essentially, if you get the highest score you do get extra rewards, and a lot of rift healing is done via materials donated by others.  Overall?  I could probably live off rift rewards if I were the kind to sell things.

7 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Essentially, if you get the highest score you do get extra rewards, and a lot of rift healing is done via materials donated by others.  Overall?  I could probably live off rift rewards if I were the kind to sell things.

I got some 2,5k points not long ago. Didnt get more resources than my fighter who got 180 points at the same rift. Did get higher ql on the stuff i got tho, and thats nice. Was certainly not that much better that it mattered tbh.

Im not all against a different system, i just dont know if its worth the effort of the devs.

• Like 1

I don't think game mechanics should be changed based on relying on people donating things. In the rifts I have been I have seen the fo priest use his/her gems he/she brought.

Unless you get 3x the ammount of items the normal fighter gets by getting 3x the point, I don't think it requires a change.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lucyein said:

I don't think game mechanics should be changed based on relying on people donating things. In the rifts I have been I have seen the fo priest use his/her gems he/she brought.

Unless you get 3x the ammount of items the normal fighter gets by getting 3x the point, I don't think it requires a change.

I dont know about others, but i use veggies and sacrifice. Theres a cooldown on Light of Fo so really no need of using gems in a rift.

I don't have a fo priest, but often participate in rifts. IMO they are disproportionately awarded points. 

That being said they do have an out sized effect on the battle, and provide great utility. I'm not sure compounding further disincentive to being a fo priest is a great idea. 

• Like 1

LOF spam is hilarious, but the rewards top out at 500 points or so.  Going into quadruple digits is fun for dickwaving, but that's all it amounts to.

The real problem is that you can't get to the max awards unless you are an AOE-healing priest, so the ceiling should probably be lowered to something attainable for non-healers.

• Like 7

I don't play a prem'd priest
I've never complained about healers getting the top scores at a rift it does in fact, please me.
but if a healer thinks it's insane.. +1

I dunno, it doesn't really matter to me when others are healers.

I went with a starting-up nahjo priest once at a rift, and did something like half fighting, half individual heals. It got a good score, but I think there were fighters higher (iirc). How would that work with the split, would it mean that it barely does the minimum or not even that, in both?

500+ contribution at 3 rifts in a row, i have not gotten a single piece of loot, whereas my battery for LOF thats usually 60-120 contribution has gotten a couple of shoulder pads and a soup recipe. i just want some dam metallic liquid

i dont think it matters apart from the ql/amount of rift mats and the ql of the MM lump you get, while it's nice having 90+ on both i don't really see it as problematic, especially when you have to use a consumable resource (vesseled gems) to spam LOF. well, unless you're that guy and you make fo altars at every rift you go to i guess. just make the top score for loot 200ish instead of 500 and people can get to it/get close in the bigger rifts with no healing if 90+ql rift mats is important.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Yea, seen many 1k+ scores by healers on rifts so definitly     +1

Dont get me wrong, healers are very welcome on any rift! They are doing a perfect job speeding up the event and rescuing ppl but the score gains with LoF casts definitly should be checked again by the devs

2 hours ago, Warjack said:

Yea, seen many 1k+ scores by healers on rifts so definitly     +1

Dont get me wrong, healers are very welcome on any rift! They are doing a perfect job speeding up the event and rescuing ppl but the score gains with LoF casts definitly should be checked again by the devs

I was more along the lines of give them their own score, and let mundane healing also add to that score.  Give awards for both scores (more rift loot for everyone!).

• Like 1