Sign in to follow this  
EvaDaly

Locked SMC burning in Hota statue

Locked Small Magical Chest and lit hota statue, from what i know and remember, has always been the go to thing to keep food hot for people and not take damage. Well, i have had this SMC in a lit hota statue for months and it already had 34.xx damge on it before i put it in there. it has food in the chest. well, over night it started glowing with heat and ticking down with damage. lucky one of my villagers were looking to get food out of it at the time. but they took out the SMC from the hota statue to stop it from taking burning damage. it is now 46.51 damage.

I have not read anything about updates saying that lacked SMC will now start taking burning damage from being in a lit Hota damage.  I have always known that has long has the SMC is locked it will not take burning damage. I understand that it will take normal decay, but over 10 damage in less them 24 hours...

I now have my SMC still in the hota statue but i am scared to lit it because i might come back to it being gone.. that is alot of Silver to just loss. 

[16:38:22] A small chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired but picked up. It is locked with a lock of exceptional quality. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 46.5096.

was it not locked? Nevermind, well i assume they fixed the bug then

Edited by Niki

I have had one in my HOTA for the last year+, and it has only taken minimal decay damage in that time.

My test one hasn't taken any damage.

My guess is one of two things.

1. The lock is bugged on the SMC.

2. Or the more likely happening is that it took a decay tick.

If you leave me a PM with who I should contact in game I"ll take a look at the smc, and get a ID on it so that you can put it back in the hota and see what happens.