Sign in to follow this  
Sharkin

Rift Inde

I believe the rift starts today at CEST 21.00.

Correct me if I’m wrong! 

Who’s coming? ?

Edited by Sharkin

would have helped if someone would have posted the rift position and routes to the spot. In that case I might have considered participating.

23 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

would have helped if someone would have posted the rift position and routes to the spot. In that case I might have considered participating.

Follow any highway toward the big red light. Not hard.

6 minutes ago, yemini said:

Follow any highway toward the big red light. Not hard.

Good joke. Assuming one lands at the opposite side of the rift location it may take 2hrs or more to arrive, not to mention peculiarities of the rift location proper. So tell that to someone who has never been at rifts,

Edited by Ekcin
addendum

Ekcin, sadly I didn't know the location myself before I got close to the light. Otherwise I would have posted it here.

It was a great success even at the hands of just a few! Thanks to everyone who attented, tried to or couldn't! It was big fun, see you next time! :)

Amath
Arakiel
Champagnedragon
Greyhound
Heiro
Izzybell
Jore
Kondris
Pippadippa
Sharkin

UK9J6GU.jpg

• Like 4

@Sharkin and all participants: Congratulations for the victory, and thanks for the picture. I had such a fight with very small numbers before, and it is exciting and a lot of fun.

I would have liked to participate indeed. But for those unfamiliar with participation from other servers' non coastal locations: It takes, depending on the wind situation, between 40 minutes in optimal winds (one direction only) and 1.5+hrs in adverse winds (that is not a gale in your face, but a light breeze crippling your speed in all directions) only to reach a coast on another server. Then it takes time to get close to the rift (optimally near a coast) to get ready for a fight of 1.5 to 3+ hours). Even if postponing the way home it means you need to plan for 5+ hours of concentrated wurming.

Knowing exactly where to go is a great help. It may even make possible to sail over the day before and taking a quarter or just log off until before rift start. Therefore, rift information in advance is a great help to raise numbers of participants which may become more crucial in the upcoming summer (central europe etc.) season.

• Like 1

I often scout the Rift locations and post info, but I missed posting this one.  If nobody has objections, I'll happily be the fill in Rift-hound while Finndar is on break. I just didn't want to hog it... but it doesn't look like many folks are bothered :P

• Like 1