Sign in to follow this  
Gorefiend

How about music?

I'm thinking about possibility to create and write down custom music in Wurm. We can start from the simplest things, like a classic flute, where at one moment we can have only one note of a certain pitch and duration. Idea is the following:

1. create a flute (QL of the flute will determine the amount of available notes)

2. create a blank paper (QL of the paper determines how much notes can be recorded)

3. use a flute (the most tricky part, we will need smth like an editor where we can set up the sequence of notes specifying their pitch and duration)

4. after playing - record it (just like with almanac after studying the plants), on a paper, using a pen.

5. compose the recorded melodies in some sort of a music book.

6. Recorded melodies can be played by using a flute on a paper with notes (if the quality of the flute allows to reproduce all sounds recorded)

it's a very draft idea, of course, but if this will seem to be interesting - we can work on details alltogether.

Thanks!

Edited by Gorefiend
  • Like 2

I'd love for Wurm to implement the ABC notation; plenty of editors exist for that for sure and even existing resources. The paper could still be used so that notations must be "imported" by the character writing it down from "memory" (character folder in the Wurm installation).

Instruments going slightly or badly off note based on QL sounds kinda fun but at the same time not very good since this would be mostly used for community events which should be inclusive. It would create a market for Fine Carpentry which would presumably be used to make instruments, but even as a 99+ FC I have to reject (indirectly) commercializing these events.