Sign in to follow this  
Tenniel

Awakening [1x1x RPvPvE - Custom map, deities, kingdoms]

Jpaq (Godfrey) and Aqeela,

This is the type of CM conversation it would have made sense to have in game.  Instead we are here.  I’m responding to you to as you were both involved in the vendor abuse incident previously mentioned.

Godfrey, you started the vendor issue when I went to sell in Tirvalon with 3 days remaining in the last wurm year (approximately 7/4) when you indicated that discussions were underway to not allow cross kingdom vendor sales because you had many people with full forges that had not yet sold and I sold first.  I then talked to two CMs in Cellimdar and neither of them had a clue there was an issue under discussion.   Yes, I sold in Tirvalon.  I was upfront about it and offered to improve towers along the route. 

Aqeela, when the year changed things were still not resolved, so I sold in Cellimdar and sold some excess inventory in Tirvalon again.  When there finally was a discussion, I provided suggestions and considered the final result acceptable (20% foreign tax, no trades until Autumn).  I did not sell again as Autumn occurred after my decision to depart.   I also made no complaints about the decision once it was announced.

Perhaps no one considered the possibility of a player like me.  I prioritized skills that would generate revenue.  While I can’t log in, my vendor revenue this wurm year was substantial.  I think I earned 20-30 silver in Cellimdar and maybe 5-10 more in Tirvalon.  I was almost ready to buy a magic chest for 50 silver.  In retrospect, my view is the issue was not over population as new players don’t have the skill to create QL 30 items for sale, the issue was my skills had turned the corner and my playing time allowed me to create significant quantities of items for sale.   Kenabil evidently considered this vendor abuse, but how is it an invalid play style?

Altagar

I really wasnt part of a discussion.   i simply passed on what the tirvalon players were saying to me.     i dont remember which market or vendor it was.  but when i checked one of ours was drained(not by us), and it wasnt in CEL.    That made some citizens even more upset.     it wasnt even about you selling that one time or whatever.  but more about the future.   after the bridge was built we saw a lot.(a lot) of Celimdar people in our markets.  and it seemed to grow in numbers daily.   and were like....ok..i see this pattern and we know how a lot of CEL people are pretty hardcore wurmers...so easy to imagine our vendors all being drained the day they reset(more so, then the one time you were selling)      you were just the one selling when i got the complaints.     and its was an issue that was sparked much earlier (b4 you were even on server) when CEL had put merchants in our town stalls, and there was only one spot left for one.    CEL had half our market stalls.   been somewhat of an economy war between Tirv and CEL for a while.    

cheers

Godfrey

The bridge and tunnel projects enabled far easier travel between Tirv and Cel.  I'm not surprised that it resulted in, to use your term, an "economy war".   I do not know what others before me were selling, but I do know that some Cel markets were being drained within hours of reset.  

Thank you for explaining how we got there, because I didn't know how we got to such a level of anger/frustration over one trip very late in the wurm year.