Sign in to follow this  
Gawain

What Meditation path would you be in real life?

Think this would be a fun one. What meditation path would you follow in real life and why?

I personally would be a Path of Love contrary to my Path of Knowledge ingame. I find myself to be the most caring person amongst my friends and I am always the one to listen to others troubles and help to my best ability, even if it is just a simple hug. :)

• Like 2

If meditation is in essence, a knowing.
the path of love would lead me to the path of knowledge which would lead me to the path of insanity.

• Like 3

Path of "im sure this was the right way home" 

• Like 3

Isnt everyone path of knowledge, just different levels?

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

isn't that what it's all about in the first place? ;) finding your way home.

2 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Isnt everyone path of knowledge, just different levels?

some people only learn knowledge that relates to their profession, they have no interest in any other form of enlightenment resulting, in a world-view starved of insight. I have a parent like that.
despite the internet being available to all, some take only what they need.. they lack the hunger that most of us take for granted.
I would hope you are right Nord but unfortunately, it isn't so.
I wouldn't say such people are merely on a different `level` because level is defined by the interconnectivity of wisdom. one field lending insight unto another, tempered by experience.
(the fractal nature of truth)
instead of tempered insight, such people connect the dots with assumption. the path of knowledge, they are not on.
Decent enough question. alas, insanity yields the answer.

Edited by Steveleeb
could have explained that better but it would have taken more space, apologies
  • Like 1

Toss up between knowledge and insanity.

Mainly cause i enjoy pulling weird stunts and pranks, For knowledge cause i find learning kind of a big thing to grow as an individual and all that.

Love, ask the que of girls waiting outside for my sleep bonus to end why

Edited by Mclavin

13 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Have you seen me? I don't know where I am.

• Like 1

Path of Love for sure... would save so much money on groceries and make so much money landscaping rich ppl's lawns with immortal grass =P 

Ingame i usually take insanity or love.

But irl i'd root for knowledge.

Knowledge is also a form of power per se imo, and with it also comes wisdom and understanding on a broader spectrum, as long as you internalize and reflect upon what is learned.

Assuming we get to keep Wurm meditation abilities - in my opinion Path of Love is most useful from all of them. You would:

• saves lots of time on eating (assuming refresh is like eating one meal, you use it during dinner period and then need to care only about breakfasts. Got other family members? Use it instead of breakfast instead)
  • saves lots of time on tending the plants
  • can get you out of potentially dangerous situations, and makes it trivial to get a raise/promotion/pretty much anything social related once per day. Not very good for things like politics and relationships through, as you would need to fill the gaps for the remaining 23 hours 57 minutes without supernatural aid
  • healing bonus is a slight advantage, but 50% faster healing if you heal yourself is not as useful IRL as in the game. Much shorter colds/burns maybe, not much more
  • recall home - big time saver if you resign from driving via car and use public transportation instead
  • final breath - assuming you are the only one in the world having these meditation abilities, it's the second one which gets you out of the dangerous situations. Who wouldn't run if you suddenly shown some unnatural magic capabilities? In addition, nobody would believe you did something like that

If we don't get to keep Wurm meditation abilities, I'm somewhere in a middle between Path of Knowledge and Path of Love, probably closer to Path of Knowledge. :)

Let's compare Path of Love to other paths (Recall Home and Final Breath are everywhere, so I'm skipping them):

Path of Knowledge

• Assuming "Get Info" gives any info you want about any person/animal - this is pretty much single target version of "Love Effect", with some advantages and drawbacks - it's much better for relationships as you can know other person stance towards you, but worse for escaping dangerous situations
  • No skill loss - useless IRL unless we assume it means you never forget anything, in which case you can become walking Wikipedia. Won't give you much advantage on its own, through
  • Intellect of the Enlightened - you learn/train 25% faster. Can be significant time advantage

Path of Insanity

• First of all, its unique quirk is likely to get you into the mental facility for life
  • Clean wound - almost useless IRL as it works only on very narrow spectrum of wounds (please correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Fill - similar to refresh - no more dinners/breakfasts!
  • Shield of the Gone - pretty much useless IRL
  • Teleport - very likely to get you killed sooner or later if you use it

Path of Power

• Trap Immunity - almost useless IRL
  • Erupt/freeze - completely useless IRL
  • Elemental Immunity - want to be a firefighter/record setting diver? Say no more! Potentially life saving in some situations
  • Stamina of the Vibrant Light - useful mostly for physical work, so not very useful and will only get worse with time, but if you want to become and still can become good at stamina-dependent sport, you can be REALLY good at it

Path of Hate

Fear is the only useful ability here, pretty much worse version of Love Effect.

• Like 3

definitely path of mcdonald, i swear

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Warlander said:

Shield of the Gone - pretty much useless IRL

Pretty damn useful if you're a professional cage fighter!

I think I'd pick Path of Power, assuming fire immunity includes protiection from sunburns and also assuming trap immunity works on random holes anywhere and everywhere, not only intentionally set up traps meant to catch humans.

Edited by Shmeric

I feel like I'm already on the path of insanity... I talk to my imaginary friends all the time. No one else can see them but I do and sometimes I scare them.

1 hour ago, Shmeric said:

Pretty damn useful if you're a professional cage fighter!

I think I'd pick Path of Power, assuming fire immunity includes protiection from sunburns and also assuming trap immunity works on random holes anywhere and everywhere, not only intentionally set up traps meant to catch humans.

Both are activated abilities and work for 30 minutes, so can't be used on surprise or for long periods.

We don't all live on the top of a mountain, and those that do are probably already abusing their paths of power.

If we don't all use the path of love now and make some heartfelt life changes, with global warming and rising water levels, we may all have to accept the path of knowledge before the end.

The Path through the woods. I find that this can lead to a meditative state and is the one I frequently take within the game, as well as when out of it when available. No other game paths would suit my nature outside of it as I find them to be too rigid in their structure of requirements. Also I find the time requirement tied to them to be contrary to a relaxed state of mind where it may flow freely in various directions.

One of my favorite paths through the woods by Robert Frost that I find to be a meditative journey. Don't worry, the snow is not too deep.....

Spoiler

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

the woods in the states are far more imbued than the ones we have left in the UK.
i was quite amazed as i stilled my mind in Connecticut. an altered mind state came easily, much in the same way as listening to Hawkwind invokes.
in the UK only the wind whispers through the forest. it's quite stark in comparison.
lovely poem

• Like 1

If there was a choice then knowledge for sure.

This world needs more thinkers.

• Like 1