Sign in to follow this  
Egbert

Pottery Arched Bridge Planning Skills?

In trying to plan an arched pottery bridge I used the skill matrix in the bridges wiki article.  Since pottery isn't specifically listed I assumed (stupid of me to do so) the row for marble / slate and sandstone would suffice.  It does not.   I tried to plan a 17 tile bridge with an 81.19 masonry skill and the resulting bridge types would not allow it.  Though I could plan an arched marble or slate bridge, but no sandstone.  So that matrix is obviously not accurate.  Since the planning tool basically says "no soup for you" and not what skill you need to plan the intended structure (developers take note...  idea here!!), I'm left to guessing.  Help was no help so I'm here asking too.  Anyone have any thoughts on how to determine the required skill?

Are your tools high enough quality?

• The maximum distance in metres between planner and helper is quality x 1.6, as an approximation for the number of tiles it is quality x 0.4, but as its almost impossible to stand on the tile borders its best to add 1-2 quality

So your tools would need to be roughly 42.5QL, or 43-44QL as the Wurmpedia suggests.

Also, the Wurmpedia suggests that you may need slightly more skill than what's posted on the table. Since the whole number is 81, it might be actually a bit higher.... more towards 82?

Here is a table of the estimated required skill to plan bridges (by length and material). The person holding the dioptra requires this skill. These numbers are rough, whole-number estimates. You may require slightly more skill in practice.

Edited by Xallo