Sign in to follow this  
WittleBunnBun

Better Beds Mod

I find it odd that a canopy bed is just as useful as a normal bed. It really makes it just cosmetic, but it still requires 65 fine carp.

Maybe a mod could be made to make beds more useful. A canopy can gain more SB faster than a normal bed and can have 2 people log out in it.

This would make it more in demand more than its looks.  

Edited by WittleBunnBun
  • Like 3

+1 to allowing 2 players to log out in a canopy bed

• Like 2

the game does a pure calculation of when you logged out to when you logged in to do sleep bonus, altering that would be ummm less easy. It would be possible for a mod to add in extra SB on top of what the game normally gives as SB.

Having more people sleep in 1 bed using normal sleep action would be a pain, it does checks for if you own the bed and all sorts of stuff so adding in 1 more specific person would be a pain. 

For my tent sleep mod I added in a new action to put people to sleep, which works fine.

Not sure what it’s called.   But there’s something like that on Mystic highlands.

Can make a straw bed from grass and stuff for the low end.  And a canopy bed is the highest.    I think a regular bed at 50ql is the same SB as vanilla.  And it scales down for the straw bed and up for the canopy bed.  

Cheers.

On 4/12/2019 at 12:33 AM, JPaq said:

But there’s something like that on Mystic highlands

Would be nice to share this mod, but also it takes some uniqueness away then from them. 

I play on a different server, so sadly i wont be able to use this mod then if it is exclusive to mystic.

I am still requesting if someone would like to make a mod like this then make it public (I am not asking to steal / rip off some servers code) 

or even add bunk beds to stack sleeping.  Or make amount of sleep Bonus gained effected by bed Qual. 

• Like 1

bump. still think this is a good idea

maybe the options to have more SB for different bed model is a toggle and then make canopy have two slots etc 

so people can say yes oder no 

And on the graphics end of things, anyone else think it ridiculous that the Canopy Bed has the WOOD dyable but the cloth canopy isn't? Making the cloth dyable as part of a "Better Beds" mod would be good too, even if it adds nothing to the functionality of the bed itself. I mean, seriously, I tried dyeing mine blue and the wood changed but left the canopy that same red...looked stupid.

• Like 1