Sign in to follow this  
Daryan_AT

Ruin Plunderers

I recently traveled the areas and thought, other RPG games have those many lots of NPC around in the area, and many servers such as Indy do not have lots, let's say, few spawn of whatever creature.

There could be Grave Robbers or Ruin plunderers that spawn whereever there were old villages - they indicate where to investigate to find old ruins / old deeds ! 

They could be killed ofc, get XP from them, same as any other mob.

This would best be moved to one of the Wurm Unlimited suggestion areas, if it has one.  Something like this won't ever be implemented in WO, but modders have done amazing things in WU to make it more like traditional mmorpgs.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

This would best be moved to one of the Wurm Unlimited suggestion areas, if it has one.  Something like this won't ever be implemented in WO, but modders have done amazing things in WU to make it more like traditional mmorpgs.

and why is that? We have Tower Guards NPC models already, they can easily used to be a new NPC, and on Chaos and Elvation there are already some Battlecamps as well.  Kill some of them, same as you kill a bear. No big difference, but it is a variation and something new. 

Also, it helps us all to find old places - you can only pick places randomly, to investigate and use shovel and get the message there used to be a deed -  those guys can act as markers.

I do not see any connection to the so called wurm unlimited game.

Edited by Daryan_AT
  • Like 1

To add to what Nomad said, as much as this would be neat, we already have plunderers (aka alts that camp at deeds and don’t even leave a single dirt)

Edited by Gawain
  • Like 1

The suggestion makes some sense to me, except that I don't think we should have markers for old deeds. We have arch to find them. Other than that, I imagine some variant of goblins as "plunderers". :)

But I dunno. If you remove their presence on old deeds, and place them randomly on map, is there any point?

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:22 AM, Anarres said:

The suggestion makes some sense to me, except that I don't think we should have markers for old deeds. We have arch to find them. Other than that, I imagine some variant of goblins as "plunderers". :)

But I dunno. If you remove their presence on old deeds, and place them randomly on map, is there any point?

the question is how these npc's should know where to spawn. would be pretty bad for a player if he suddenly had those guys in front of his house because it once was a location of an abandoned deed. Archeology is not actively interfering with players. those guys surely would.