Sign in to follow this  
Lucyein

Move Epic chars to Freedom, Reset Epic

Move epic player characters to freedom with their skills recalculated based on freedom and epic skillgain difference, give them some refund based on what they are losing on epic by being forced to move.

Completely reset epic and make it one small server size pvp server, everyone start fresh, isolated from freedom cluster other than the teleport giving you a seperate char with same bank account just like now, significantly more expensive deed tile purchase and deed upkeep, hota in the middle accessible by land with large perimeter in addition to hota where you cant build anything, more creature spawns than normal, good ammount of mountains but mostly flat land, less fatigue to spend, three rifts spawn each time instead of one, no meditation, remove armor influence from casting and archery. 

Or just let epic be and make a new isolated small server like that ^

If I would be forced to move to freedom I would quit. 0 interest of playing on freedom, also 0 interest of starting from scratch.

While I've always been of the opinion that Elevation needs a map reset, I'm not at all in support of forcing people to freedom.

Edited by Wargasm
spelling

Why would you want to force people to freedom? 

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

If I would be forced to move to freedom I would quit. 0 interest of playing on freedom, also 0 interest of starting from scratch. 

This basically.

Being forced to leave epic would pretty much kill the game for me. Its mainly our community on epic that keeps me into the game. Closing epic, and forcing us to move, would destroy all that.

Also not intrested in starting from scratch, this game is already too time consuming as it is.

Why not ^_^ 

But i think, it didn't work last time, it won't work this time - The very old Elevation map was the best and the only one i played and liked, the new Ele map was huge and soon after Ele and epic went in a down spiral.

Reset might not help beside destroy players work and time investment from all the guys on homeservers and Elevation. Those might quit and nobody will replace those as players

Because a game where it takes YEARS to actually get meaningful skills implies that it's a good idea to start again from nothing? Man 99% of people would quit wurm if they were forced to start again from 0. This isn't WoW where you can power level a character from level 1 to level 100 in 4-5 days. This is Wurm, where everything, even building a house is a chore and can take real life hours. While Epic has been a huge dissapointment for me, mainly due to neglect, I don't see how starting from 0 actually helps anyone?

Edited by elentari
  • Like 2

Nah -1 I think others have explained well good why we can't have this

if they would be willing to let the players who still play on epic come to freedom with no skill lose im certain players would come back just to switch to freedom and play. I have friends that refuse to leave epic because of the skill drop when swapping and it frustrates me that its even an issue. Support the players that have supported wurm! Even if they got skill gain buff because of epic, players on freedom are at the same skill level if not higher so it doesn't matter anymore.

5 hours ago, Nioras said:

if they would be willing to let the players who still play on epic come to freedom with no skill lose im certain players would come back just to switch to freedom and play. I have friends that refuse to leave epic because of the skill drop when swapping and it frustrates me that its even an issue. Support the players that have supported wurm! Even if they got skill gain buff because of epic, players on freedom are at the same skill level if not higher so it doesn't matter anymore.

It is not just the skills. Epic is a very different playstyle with much faster actions, the curve, the touch of danger even on homeservers and even a very different playerbase mindset. Freedom focuses on the individual Epic on the group.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jaz said:

It is not just the skills. Epic is a very different playstyle with much faster actions, the curve, the touch of danger even on homeservers and even a very different playerbase mindset. Freedom focuses on the individual Epic on the group.

i know this after living on epic for 4 years so i agree with you on this point. but the only complaint ive heard from the groups i hang with is the skill drop. they would come to freedom and play more often if the skill drop wasn't a thing.my current main account is from epic and that skill drop is still hurting over 50% of my skills i think and its been a few months.

Thing is, some players, like me, have nothing to play for on freedom.

I played on Epic with big group of polish players. I stayed, but all of them left Epic. They didn't aimed for freedom, couse it didn't fit their playstyle. They rather decided to leave and didn't wanted to go back, even when they introduced skill transfers.

Only thing they keep asking me like once a year, is if something changed in fighting syatem and if Epic is alive or still dead.

• Like 1

Lower prem price on epic? Get more people to play that way..?

Guessing one of the reasons people aren't playing is the sub cost.

Some if better than none..

I think that the original recalculation of skills was TERRIBLY implemented, why even inflict anyone with its presence once more.

Epic players had their FS nerfed - even though it isn't a fricking (sry for bad language mods lol)  2x skill. How is that even fair? 

Let's not talk about all the pointless time spent on epic collecting items /tomes / karma that now have no value and no use because NO ONE PLAYS ON EPIC ANYMORE

Edited by Firecat
no
  • Like 3

Oh...since I came over to freedom i still have about 40 skills with 3x rate I haven't recovered yet. I've been religiously burning SB to get them back, but It's a pain.

• Like 2

It's a pain with 400% recovery rate??

+food and tools adding up to it.. this could be cheese this so much.. it's must be ridiculously fun experience in WO.

Edited by Finnn

About 8 ×3 skills left to go Stealing and Warhammers are going to be fun... Seriously though I don't think anyone has a solution for epic but I miss it. 

I read back through some of the original Epic skirmish threads the other day fun times...

• Like 6

Finn, consider I also had my 100 plate armor smithing nerfed. Even with "400%" recovery rate, it still took 6 months to get back. It was tedious. And that was half a year of not getting any skills in anything except PAS.

• Like 1