Edited by Killroth

1 minute ago, Wimblonian said:

Aren't they 75s each?

I think he means for all 3 charges.

58 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

I think he means for all 3 charges.

That's why I said each 

Edited by Yldrania

Please keep the post on topic about the sale.

• Like 1

Thanks, and yeah selling for someone else they said 250 all 3 charges.

I could ask them if you wanted to offer 225.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Killroth said:

Thanks, and yeah selling for someone else they said 250 all 3 charges.

I could ask them if you wanted to offer 225.

do ittt

how does selling 1 charge work? you come use it or i mail and u mail back? is that GM enforced?

• Like 1

Yeah, mailing would be preferable but meeting in person works too. It would be a trade based on trust when you have an item with multiple charges and only selling one charge and I think GMs would get involved if it was provable that an agreed upon price for x charge/s and if either broke the agreement then I think staff will step in, at least on Freedom anyway.

I will pay 80 silver for 1 charge of slime of uttacha and will mail any remaining charges back to the sender after using what I have paid for.

^ I'm no lawyer but I think the line above would serve as a binding agreement in the eyes of the staff.

• Like 1

Apparently they said there is nothing enforcing people from not scamming any longer. I always thought there was. Thats pretty sad.

Anyways im willing to sell you one charge for 80s if you are willing to give me 240s and when u trade me back the 2 charges ill give you 160s.

Devs are high level trades like this protected since there is no mechanic to split them? Please help :P 

There's no rule but there's no rule about meeting up to trade on chaos and me killing you instead. 

Comes down to reputation, if it's a high risk item then you can turn to the community, ask around about certain people and make sure you're lowering that risk. It's a risk for them to give you all the silver for 3 charges, to only use 1, you could just turn around and say thanks and leave, leaving them with two extra charges they now have to sell, again the buyer will have to do research on you, I encourage that this should be done with most trades anyway until you get to know the more regulars.

I've never had an issue with trades, even when selling accounts and buying them, there's zero protection there either. 

I think we don't need updates we just need vigilance, community overall is nice and trustworthy, we the online Version of neighbor Hood watch

Good luck! 

Edited by Mclavin

We sorted it ourselves in the end.

I've (touch wood) not had any go bad yet either but I do think that once a vulnerability is identified as a potential for foul play to occur that it should be addressed, such as a situation above. It is very sad that players are expected to put themselves at great risk to complete the type of transactions that are used as a unique selling point for the game. An "open economy" it's described as, however it neglects to mention the high risks of being scammed as past events have proven. Some absorb the blow but a large number of players don't and the sort of figures being past around in trades sometimes can have a very big impact on some players lives when things go sour so I think any step in reducing the possibility of scamming players (customers) should be taken, especially if it's something as minor as changing the drop mechanic of tomes to 3 x 1 charges instead of 1 x 3 charges for a much more user friendly distribution.

• Like 1