Sign in to follow this  
Bloodscythe

mulch/woodchip trail pavement option

I've mentioned this before and I"m quite sure others have on a few occasions as well but i'd really rally like to see  mulch paths.  IRL i'm somewhat a crunch granola tree huggying hippy with birkenstocks in that i love nature and prefer to do my marathon training on old logging trails and hiking trails in national parks vs the roads.  It'd be a great use for woodscraps to make a mulch path with.  Now what i have in mind is not a squired right angle type box tile of mulch.  I miss when we had uneven borders feature where the gravel would fade as the grass in surrounding tile took over, giving it a very natural feel, not it all looks like an edger was used even on gravel, my go to nature trail.   but i'd like a more narrow graphic on the tile when smudging of mud n grass worn areas that fluidly and symbiotically mesh with the surrounding tiles, perhaps the sides are somewhat opaque to take on the nature of the surrounding tiles so that we end up with a look of a toe path , small mulch hiking path that when turning corners isn't a right turn but a gentler curve

Image result for mulch path nature trails

Please please make mulch paths made from woodscrap.   Really where i want to go with this is make a hiking trail that circumnavigates the entire outer  edge of xanadu complete with point signs, benches, sleeping huts, where players can take a soul serching journey alone or with others along the mulch path into ravines and high slopes and mnt passes with fire side picknics.

• Like 10

Yes please! It would be pretty awesome to see these in wurm,with the tall grass and trees in a dense forest.. pretty cool!

• Like 1

I agree that this would be an ideal option for trails through the woods in Wurm but from the way the graphics are composed and constructed here I can't imagine how the Developers could go about creating this option, which is why I think that although it has been suggested a few times nothing has come about from this.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ayes said:

I agree that this would be an ideal option for trails through the woods in Wurm but from the way the graphics are composed and constructed here I can't imagine how the Developers could go about creating this option, which is why I think that although it has been suggested a few times nothing has come about from this.

=Ayes=

you are quite right in the thinking yet i'm hoping with the creativity and motivation the dev team of today has it can be overcome.  we once had a checkbox on client to have uneven borders allowing for paved tiles to have a dithering effect of grass or dirt to fuse with the tile making it look like natural overgrown onto a paved tile I loved this feature yet it went away when they instituted corner tiles.  I was told this then resulted in the rigid straight "edged" look of paved tiles as the only option.  perhaps they make a new graphic for the tile "skin' where there are 5 renditions of it, 1.  straight line tile has path only in the middle with the left and right sides absorbing graphic of surrounding tile. 2. a right turn tile done in same manner 3. a left turn tile done in same manner , and 4.  Y or Fork tile done is same manner 5 an intersection tile.  if this is possible, right and left turn tiles would almost looked curved on the pave/path portion of the tile vs right angles we have currently

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1