Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Gonzo

GrimWold -New RP Server! {3x Skill 5X Action} {Free Deeds!}

CmbieAO.jpg

http://www.GrimWold.com

Grimwold is a "RP chat" in local chat, and "general chat" in freedom-world chat, we are new and seeking new adventures to join us in our own daily lives. We offer free deeds and upkeep to members.

(members who have been absent from their deeds over 30 days, their deeds will vanish)

Our skill gain may be a little lower than other "fast and quick to level" servers. This is because , the skill gain and actions helps to create a more diverse economy, and will make items and buildings harder to obtain, and thus more valuable.

We welcome everyone to come and join us in this land we call Grimwold!

We have currently these mods on the server :

-add kingdom items

-add mission items

-bag of holding

-better farm

-bounty mod

-bounty on burn

-bulk mod

-bulk separated

-bulk transport mod

-buyer merchant

-craft able paulderons

-creature age mod

-creatures on water

-crop mod

-double bulk capacity

-empty trash bin

-fire burn time

-harvest helper

-hitching post

-hitch limits

-inactive players

-inbreed warning

-mark and recall

-meditate mod

-mini pets

-mod tree farm

-moon metal mining mod

-more potables

-move mod

-move to center

-new portals

-no build limit

-no mail cost

-one tile mining

-pick more sprouts

-sacrifice mod

-salve mod

-server map

-simple concrete

-spellcraft

-stablemaster

-tabard mod

-taxidermy

-timer fix

-treasure hunting

no restrictions on priests!

These are our extensive list of mods that are currently running on the server.

( we want our player base to be completely satisfied with the luxury of mods available to them.)

Our hand crafted map which is 4096 x 4096 can be found at :

0XiJzju.png

We look forward to seeing you in the game with us!

Edited by Lord_Gonzo
  • Like 2

I'm really enjoying it so far.  The lower skill gain and timers rate gives us time to enjoy the process, but the movemod helps it feel not so slow.  ?  The map is beautiful, too.  Hundreds of great spots to start a deed!

• Like 2

3x skill and 5x action is not slow though? If anything, it's pretty damn fast 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, atazs said:

3x skill and 5x action is not slow though? If anything, it's pretty damn fast 

Well, WU is really a different game than WO in many ways. You can't compare this to 1x servers because that's not the average WU speed.  

Edited by Batta

Lots of new people coming into the server, loads of new fun added to the server. Welcome to all our new players!

Come be a part of our lands :)

Don't play here.

The GM Grath banned me for making one comment about the server being too fast for skill progression and that I feared players would get bored and leave. Instead of trying to open some discourse with me in a PM, he chose to ban me outright without so much as a single chat about why the settings weren't good. 

If this is the type of GM you'd like to have running your server. Then be my guest and play on GrimWold. 

Other Reasons Not To Play: 

-3x Skill gain is REALLY fast. Players will have 100 smithing inside of 2 months and nothing you make will have value. 

-Running in the game is currently as fast as tier 4 horses by default. Bred horses will have no value.

-Everything about this server is easy mode. No challenge is required to reach the upper skill levels and thus they will have no value.

-Priest restrictions are completely removed which means that everyone and their brother will have one b/c it's easy to do.

-Server is running the mark and recall mod. Which means that local trade will not be a thing. Everyone will have a central major trade hub. 

-I see no mention of "Events" or other types of community activities which promote longevity and community.

In summary, without events and with a 3x/5x skill and action timer system in place, the server will be stale in around 2 months with those still playing having very high skills and nothing to do with them; No one to need the skills.

As I told them in game chat "Good Luck" getting/keeping players.

P.S. - Enjoy this very public post GM Grath. You cannot ban me here. You don't even have your own forums or website. Your server is an amateur setup at best.

The GM Grath banned me for making one comment about the server being too fast for skill progression and that I feared players would get bored and leave. Instead of trying to open some discourse with me in a PM, he chose to ban me outright without so much as a single chat about why the settings weren't good. 

If this is the type of GM you'd like to have running your server. Then be my guest and play on GrimWold. 

I try very hard to make sure that the playerbase has a good time, i felt that the 3x/5x skill was very adequate, whereas you did not think the game was slow enough. coming from a 1x  server i can see how this may be too fast for you. but you were being toxic in general chatter, and in general , i will not allow toxic players on the server.  This is a place for people to have a good time. if it does not fit your standards, there are millions of other servers that may suit you.

Other Reasons Not To Play: 

-3x Skill gain is REALLY fast. Players will have 100 smithing inside of 2 months and nothing you make will have value.   ---compaired to a 1X server i see where this is true....compaired to a 5X skill server, not so much

-Running in the game is currently as fast as tier 4 horses by default. Bred horses will have no value.                                   --- we increased the movement speed to make our playerbase quicker, horses scale on this as well.

-Everything about this server is easy mode. No challenge is required to reach the upper skill levels and thus they will have no value. -- personal opinion respected.

-Priest restrictions are completely removed which means that everyone and their brother will have one b/c it's easy to do.  --this is noted in the mods section of the beginning of the post...you knew this coming into the server

-Server is running the mark and recall mod. Which means that local trade will not be a thing. Everyone will have a central major trade hub. --- indeed there will be a local trade hub. 

-I see no mention of "Events" or other types of community activities which promote longevity and community. -- this is our second day of having the server active, and people are really working towards exploration and deeds. there will be events in the future

Enjoy this very public post GM Grath. You cannot ban me here. You don't even have your own forums or website. Your server is an amateur setup at best.

I see that this is a very public post, we've been open to the public for 2 days, we've had nothing but positive comments on the server and how stunning and beautiful it is. 

i do have the host www.grimwold.com reserved. and will be setting up that website within this week. 

thank you for visiting, but we do not need toxic players within the playerbase. we are all here to have a great time, and play with each other. 

thats all i have to say, i hope you find a wonderful home somewhere out there.

LG

I started on this server last night and so far it is nothing but pleasant, and what one might expect from a brand new world with a starter town being built and people getting to know each other. If I do not stay on this server, it will be due to me not wanting to start over again and playing on 2 servers, not anything wrong about the new Community of friendly folks I found there. 

Grim is a moderately paced, moderate grind server that is brand new and fresh and waiting for those who like that. I traveled a LOT of the map and found the signs of handmaking on the mountainous areas and I appreciated finding them a challenge but passable. It has all the pleasant mods and few rules, beyond being nice to others. 

Another detail I like about it is the beaches are realistic and flatter, like real world, not overlooked by map makers and often at silly angles. There is a good assortment of trees and my only complaint was I wished I had spawned with a sickle so I could have taken a few starts of them as I roamed the map checking it out. 

Come check it out. It bodes to be a good choice for players who do not have hours daily to invest but still hope to play and have fun when they can relax for a few hours with their village. It is a pretty map, very new, fewer mobs right now so you can get out to remote spots with less danger and enjoy a good ride. My wild horse was just fast enough to keep the mobs behind me and I liked that too! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kazz said:

It has all the pleasant mods and few rules, beyond being nice to others. 

Also not mining, terraforming, building, or clearcutting off deed!  That too.

• Like 1

looking forward to try it out :)

Edited by Devily
  • Like 1

Come join us in wonderous adventures! Claim your deed, and build your dreams :) we're growing pretty quickly, and we would love to have you among us!

An adventurer make it to the white light, and chooses their deity.

bMDx5UJ.png

• Like 1

Post made 3 hour ago? Maybe that adventurer was me :D that's a really nice white altar, i imagined it being a monastery with monks living on the mountain.

Edited by MashHiven
  • Like 2