Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

Please increase toolbelt slot cap

14 hours ago, Naiani said:

There are those of us who would like this option, and it wouldn't affect you at all

Actually, it will affect others.  Devs don't have infinite time; there are already competing demands on it.  The picayune potential of QoL improvement here means that dev time spent on it instead of other improvements more substantial and more broadly sought means more people miss out than if this proposal is given a priority commensurate with its potential.

14 hours ago, Naiani said:

It's important to listen to other people, and consider their needs, and understand that it won't affect you at all.

Yes it is important to listen to other people. I started out neutral and listening, but so far those pushing this are not listening to the objections, and making comments like "it won't affect you" which are a bit narrow-focused.  The OP in particular is quite aggressive, dismissive and condescending, which usually in rational discourse is a hint that they are short on valid argument. 

13 hours ago, Delacroix said:

Okay, this condescension needs to stop...

That statement is made in half a sentence, the second half of which is really very condescending. The rest of the post continues likewise.  Nobody here has a shown a lack of understanding regarding what is being requested.  You want it, you have your reasons.  Others don't and have their reasons.  To me, you haven't really evinced any good reasons and haven't addressed the reasons for objections.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

That statement is made in half a sentence, the second half of which is really very condescending. The rest of the post continues likewise.  Nobody here has a shown a lack of understanding regarding what is being requested.  You want it, you have your reasons.  Others don't and have their reasons.  To me, you haven't really evinced any good reasons and haven't addressed the reasons for objections. 

Returning the condescension was the point, because I thought it'd help to get the point across that there's no reason for it. As far as the actual suggestion goes, the "reason behind it" is clear as day in that post--I made sure of it.

Actually, it will affect others.  Devs don't have infinite time; there are already competing demands on it.  The picayune potential of QoL improvement here means that dev time spent on it instead of other improvements more substantial and more broadly sought means more people miss out than if this proposal is given a priority commensurate with its potential.

I'm sure the 5 minutes it'd take to fix would be fine.

Edited by Delacroix

See if anything id want the ability to use ctrl+scroll wheel to cycle through saved toolbelts
I guess we could bind ctrl+1 to do "load toolbelt arrangement 1" but a ctrl+scroll would make so much more sense
Also the toolbelt slots correspond with 1-0 on your keyboard for quick selection of tools so increasing it to a potential of 13 would make no sense(its like the f13 key on old apple keyboards)

Now idk if you guys know but you can make text files that save keybinds in them which i use to swap between terraforming and imping and praying and nature so that i can use the same keys(y u i o p) for most things now i dont know if the text files can set tool data like "toolBelt5Slot8=-1" to a number but if so you could write a text file that saves all your general things and then a few more specialized ones after that and problem solved

End of the day a scroll wheel function for toolbars would be more then enough to make good use of the potential 100 slots we can have i myself have 7 slots per toolbar and i can not fill it up like look
1. general tools (pickaxe, shovel, hatchet, shovel, saw, stone chisel,butchering knife)
2. Blacksmithing imping(all tools related to that)
3. Carpentry imping

4. Leather working tools
5. Nature (rake scythe satchels)
6.Misc items like spyglass and such
7.Specific grinding belt to be setup for specific grinds(chisel+shard or anything else like that)

This still leaves 3 belts clean so i really do not know why anyone would need more unless you dont have it organized at all or you dont know about the more toolbelts you can have

• Like 1

[nevermind]

Edited by TheTrickster
pulling the 'chute

I have changed my position.  If this is easy to implement - i.e. change a number in a parameter, then I can't see it harming anyone and may be of perceived benefit to some.

Screen real estate is an issue, but the tool belt is a minor grab on that.  

On 4/1/2019 at 1:47 AM, Finnn said:

I'm fine with 10...

Could use extra loadouts presets to be saved tho....

~+1

Can we get Ctrl+ and Alt+ 0-9 combinations for toolbelts?

These can involve items from 2 different houses with magic chest stored tools etc, if you travel to different places and uses different tools on toolbelt.. you's bound to the constant replacement of these and your presets on belt slots, having more will make things easier whatever can be dragged to toolbelt will be just a switch away from using it on the other place instead of doing your settings over and over....again.