Sign in to follow this  
barricade

[Fixed] catapult bridge of death

so i was walking of my castle location down on to my bridge and right when i hit the bridge i get send flying in to the sky more or less like a rock and and was flying seconds later i hit the ground taking almost 50% damage even tho i live past that damage still keep ticking in as i was stuck next to a bridge and a tall slope i did try to climb out but the damage was too much and i die from that really weird bug hope this info help thanks in advance ?

from event window 

[17:40:15] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[17:40:24] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:25] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:26] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:26] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:27] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:28] It is a Rendered brick double abutment.
[17:40:28] QL = 40.908, dam=0.0.
[17:40:28] It can be improved with a stone brick.
[17:40:28] The surface has been paved with slate slabs.
[17:40:29] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:31] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:31] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:32] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:33] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:33] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:34] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:35] You will now attempt to climb steep areas.
[17:40:35] Ouch! That hurt!
[17:40:35] You are dead.

and the skill drop from the death

[17:40:35] Fighting decreased by 0,2496 to 87,8736
[17:40:35] Mining decreased by 0,0250 to 91,5255
[17:40:35] Masonry decreased by 0,0250 to 94,7122
[17:40:35] Armour smithing decreased by 0,0250 to 2,0958
[17:40:35] Thievery decreased by 0,0250 to 2,0387
[17:40:35] Shovel decreased by 0,0250 to 87,5016

1 hour ago, barricade said:

[17:40:35] Mining decreased by 0,0250 to 91,5255
[17:40:35] Masonry decreased by 0,0250 to 94,7122
[17:40:29] Ouch! That hurt!

Game is wrong, this should be the correct order of event lines ...

did you enter at the corner of the first bridge tile?

Edited by Jaz

i know how it looks like Jaz but mine is not a copy from ingame tho it is a copy from my log files as i had to look in my logs so i just posted em up like that and to your question i am not sure i was only half looking at  the screen when it happen so i might have but in all not sure tho :)

Do you have a house wall attached to the bridge - or a mine entrance adjacent to it? I'm just throwing up ideas of circumstances where "funny" things tend to happen to me ingame...

it is a bit more easy to show you a picture then me trying to explain it to you english is not my main so ill have a hard time trying to explain it but this was the location i wend flying https://prnt.sc/n57jl6 tho i came walking down from the top on to the bridge

Edited by barricade

Also there is another bridge going up one tile away behind the tile where you went flying if I see it well. Maybe game misplaced you to that bridge level and thought you have dropped from there? I'll be curious if the reason will be found.

Hey guys same thing happened to me

bridge of death

It's around C 22 huge bridge (60-70 tiles high) connects to two or three very tall buildings up a mountainside.

As I was riding on horseback over the bridge, where the bridge ends and connects to the building, it pushed me through the bridge - almost like I was flying. It didn't only happen once, but twice as I went back with my other alt in order to retrieve my body. It seems ok if you walk on foot over the bridge, avoiding horseback.

Thanks Mavodo and to the GM for doing a great job to help me.

Edited by Tigerclaw
  • Like 1

Speed of entering the bridge matters.

On greater speeds you have big chance of getting stuck under a bridge and other strange events.

On foot it is 100% safe, on fast cart managed to stuck rarely, on horses often, on fast horses with good gear and hellhorses, almost always.

Been reported many times, seems like they don't know how to fix it.

Wonder, what new Steam players gonna say, when they happen to get this bug in the future. Only chance that it got fixed couse of them.

It happened to me last night.. drat...
I walked out onto the bridge and was insta-killed...

[00:44:58] Ouch! That hurt!
[00:44:58] You are dead.

Now I'm terrified to use the bridge... it's rather strategically placed so I hope there is a fix.
Here is a picture of the scene of the crime and the investigation team
0jhkvXx.png

I was on foot for both these below listed examples. My rope bridge spans between a land, spans a drop off, and a building on the other end of it.

I discovered this effect in Cornersville on Independence the other day (Logging started 2020-03-09). I had a pet escape a fenced area, so I wanted to check if it were possible to sneak between a fence and the rope bridge edge. I found it possible to sneak through that gap. As I went out, I stayed at the height of the rope bridge, but was on the outside of its rail. Seemed odd. But I was ok with it, until I turned then started to come back. I got an ouch that hurt, then died. Lost xp.

From my event log file at that time...

[12:37:14] Ouch! That hurt!

[12:37:14] You are dead.

[12:37:15] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
   [12:37:15] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
   [12:37:44] Nobody can hear you now.

The really terrible thing was Nobody could hear me, and I never met Nobody. Had no idea what their intentions were.

I tried it again after this. Very carefully edged out between the rope bridge and the wood plank fence. Again, I was hovering at the level of the rope bridge, but outside that bridges hand rails (just like in Sugarfoxx's screenshot above). Then I immediately turned and came back. That time, I got one ouch that hurt, but did not die.

From my event log file at that time...

[12:41:10] Ouch! That hurt!

[12:43:06] You see splinters of crushed bone at the left underarm.

I would rather not test this any more, thanks though. I was going to submit a bug report original thread, but found others had beat me too it. I am posting my issue here.

Please fix my scary rope bridge, lol.

TeeeBOMB

My friend said he used to walk off the edge there between that same rope bridge and the plank fence there many times. He never had a problem, just fell down the land slope there, np. So maybe there is a correct way to sneak between a rope bridge and a fence and an incorrect way. I discovered the incorrect way.

Please tell Nobody to quit snooping my business when I'm dead. Thanks.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

aj0J7mQ.png

Happened to me too, here .

GM reported it to devs
Sadly nothing could have been done about my FS loss, i droped under 95 now for nothing and that hurts a lot. Don't have time to regrind it(not to mention that i died several time on rifts before because they are increadibly long and stupid now and requires 2+ hours of full attention otherwise you can die in drake armour with 95+ skill, sorry for digresssing, but lost 3x0.250 skill in FS in last 2 months before i managed to recoup from previous death, had to let rage somewhere)

Edit: Astarte was kind enough to restore my FS :) 

Edited by kochinac

On 3/19/2020 at 12:58 PM, kochinac said:

aj0J7mQ.png

Happened to me too, here .

GM reported it to devs
Sadly nothing could have been done about my FS loss, i droped under 95 now for nothing and that hurts a lot. Don't have time to regrind it(not to mention that i died several time on rifts before because they are increadibly long and stupid now and requires 2+ hours of full attention otherwise you can die in drake armour with 95+ skill, sorry for digresssing, but lost 3x0.250 skill in FS in last 2 months before i managed to recoup from previous death, had to let rage somewhere)

Edit: Astarte was kind enough to restore my FS :) 

Oh... at least you got your FS restored, happy for you. I was blatantly told no.
Kind of a displeasing turn around.