Sign in to follow this  
AgentQwarty

[Fixed] Movement while meditating

in the past 48 hours, my meditation has been interrupted 7 times by the message "You must not move while doing that."  The character is not moving.  Usually, I am not touching the keyboard or the mouse and often I have already turned away from the computer to "multitask" for 2 minutes.  I did not record when the latest update happened, but this issue seems to coincide with that.

Additionally (and this may well be the RNG, not a bug), in my last 9 meditations I have received only 1 skill tick.  This is dramatically lower than the pace I've seen over the past month.  (My skill is 89.69.  I'm using a 1ql exquisite rug with 90+CoC, affinity timer, and sleep bonus.)

• Like 1

Happens to me everytime i tab out after hitting craft at least one action gets cut off for moving despite clearly not doing so. A villager gets it meditating also. Fixing listeners broke everyone else.

I have been getting the same movement bug during med. No tabbing out. This has been happening after the latest update.

Can confirm the same, usually when I switch clients in ALT+TAB.
Soon as the new client appears, I get that message and I stop meditating whit out moving...

Added to the list.  More details would help.  For example:

I couldn't get this to happen on live (preview client) but I did get it to happen on test (stable client)

This is happening to me casting Humid Drizzle, when I switch to another toon (via clicking on their window).

All clients are preview.

I got it to happen a few times on test, but only when I first log in and during my first meditation so far.

Roccandil, I'm going to hide your comment from the confession post as you posted here as well and I believe the confession one was fixed.

Please continue to use this thread for stop moving issues with as much detail as possible.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Got this 3 different times when repairing a practice doll for an alt. Is it possible that this is desync/delay in movement related? If you move, then do an action youre actually moving a bit after you visually have stopped?

Same for me, since the patch to fix movement issues, start meditation, make sure it's actually going, switch over to an alt's client, when I come back I'm stood there with the message 'you must not move while doing that' and have to start again. The movement issue with confession was fixed for me though, then this one started up.

Got hit here again - [16:24:12] You must not move while doing that.

3 minutes ago, bp1986 said:

Got hit here again - [16:24:12] You must not move while doing that.

Can you give me a few more details?  What were you doing?  Had you just logged in or had you been on for a while?  Did you have another client open?

Making runes, and in the middle theres suddently movement. All when i was activating the toon on the other screen.

[00:07:01] You almost made it, but the rune of Vynora is useless.

[00:07:01] You start to work with the rift crystal on the lump.

[00:07:01] You must not move while doing that.

[00:07:01] You stop creating.

[00:23:12] You start to attach the rune to the whetstone.

[00:23:22] You must not move while doing that.

[00:23:22] You stop using rune.

Edited by Nordlys

I have been online for several hours. Going to sleep in a bed, on a deed not my own (waiting 1 minute):

[00:40:43] You start to go to sleep.
[00:40:56] You must not move while doing that.
[00:40:56] You stop sleeping.
[00:41:44] You start to go to sleep.
[00:42:05] You must not move while doing that.
[00:42:05] You stop sleeping.

[00:44:06] You start to go to sleep.
[00:44:26] You must not move while doing that.
[00:44:26] You stop sleeping.
[00:44:39] You start to go to sleep.
[00:45:37] You must not move while doing that.
[00:45:37] You stop sleeping.
[00:46:25] You start to go to sleep.
[00:46:47] You must not move while doing that.
[00:46:47] You stop sleeping.
[00:46:53] You start to go to sleep.

(success!)

This might be how insomnia looks like in wurmworld, never happened before these days. I had only one client open (in the last hour), and I did not alt/tab. I might have talked in chat at a few of them, but I haven't noticed a related timing. Nothing present in events log around me.

Does the server do some position updates with a delay... something like that could make it conclude I was in some new position, but I wasn't.

Ok also noticed another one, many times when I move my vision clicking on the mouse to look around, it gimmes that same error of moving just by clicking on the mouse to move the toons eye sight...

getting worse [14:40:43] You start meditating. [14:40:47] You fall into a trance. You focus on breathing. [14:40:50] You must not move while doing that. [14:40:50] You stop meditating. Had not done a single thing, not even touched mouse or keyboard.

Been getting the same issue with casting:

[17:04:21] You start to cast 'Wind of Ages' on a carving knife.

[17:04:35] You must not move while doing that.

[17:04:35] You stop enchanting.

and listening:

[16:02:27] You nod and hope that Blarster hasn't done too many bad things.

[16:02:32] Blarster plays over. Surely he can't be that remorseful. This is a sin if anything!

[16:02:40] You must not move while doing that.

[16:02:40] You stop listening.

Also had it happen during praying as well. My priest has not moved for several minutes when it happens.

Edited by syncaidius

This is happening to my priest too:

[18:10:28] You start to cast Strongwall.
[18:11:34] You must not move while doing that.
[18:11:34] You stop casting.

I did not interfere with the client in any way - was just watching the window while casting Strongwall. No mouse movement, no task switching. Only one client open. Character had been logged in for more than an hour.

A workaround for meditation appears to be to do it while sitting in a chair. :) At least it worked for the few times I tried.

I did alt+tab, just to see if it'll stop it, I also moved the mouse for FoV, but nope, it just worked this way.

[14:50:11] <Anarres> [14:49:29] You must not move while doing that. [14:49:29] You stop meditating. okaaaay lets do this differently

[14:50:23] <Anarres> [14:49:45] You sit on the "Killer chair". [14:49:49] You start meditating.

[14:52:13] <Anarres> [14:51:51] You finish your meditation. \o/

If people want to try it, you should be careful with those chairs though, try to not do it in caves just in case, you don't want to bump into this issue: 

Edited by Anarres

Failed to meditate being afk I didn't move and no my cat did not walked on my keyboard either...

[17:10:30] You will now fight normally.
[17:10:32] You will now fight normally.
[17:10:32] Welcome back, Shagsangel! The Celebration has been waiting for you.
[17:10:34] You enter Shagsville.
[17:10:34] You enter Freedom Isles.
[17:10:34] You feel the presence of Magranon.
[17:10:34] You may not move right now.
[17:10:34] 23 other players are online. You are on Celebration (495 totally in Wurm).
[17:10:35] Type /help for available commands.
[17:10:35] You feel rested.
[17:10:55] You may now move again.
[17:11:09] The server has been up 4 days, 6 hours and 30 minutes.
[17:11:09] It is 19:56:08 on day of the Wurm in week 3 of the starfall of Fires in the year of 1082.
[17:11:11] You are no longer invulnerable.
[17:11:30] You may now queue 4 actions.
[17:11:32] The beautiful meditation rug doesn't need repairing.
[17:11:34] You start meditating.
[17:11:38] You fail to relax.
[17:11:47] You start meditating.
[17:11:51] You fall into a trance. Is there a smallest particle?
[17:12:36] You must not move while doing that.
[17:12:36] You stop meditating.
[17:14:31] You start meditating.
[17:14:36] You fall into a trance. You consider the wind and the places it goes.
[17:16:32] You finish your meditation. (this one succeeded and got a meditation gain)

I just did a meditation without touching my mouse at all and it succeeded. Other times where i have moved the character view around it has failed on my at that point.

35 seconds into my meditation, after I had turned away from the computer, the movement glitch happened.  No tabbing, no second alt, I had been harvesting but stopped to drink, drop the rug, then meditate.  This was first meditation since logging on (third time for this server day).  Head bob is turned off.

I was making papyrus inside my house on my deed.  I moved around a bit, putting away supplies, then I moved about 1.5 tiles, took a drink, dropped the rug, started meditating.  The phantom movement showed up 32 seconds after starting the meditation.  No movement, no looking around, no touching the mouse or keyboard, no actions queued up, no other alts on line.  10th meditation of the day, first one since logging in about 30 minutes ago. 

It is still not fixed.  Has there been no server update in the past fortnight?

I don't know how this works.   Should I continue to troubleshoot (try different things and then report what causes the issue and what does not)?  Will there be a posting after it is believed to be fixed (signalling a point at which it should be re-reported if it still occurs)?  "...should be fixed next server update" only works if I know whether the "next server update" has occurred.