JW6GCl4.png

Oceania Terraces At Fairview - Lyhrinae

Greetings Wurmians! 

We touch base this week to share with you what's being worked on and where we're at with things. So take a break from binge watching whatever is on Netflix and jump into it with us. 

But first..

Patch Notes

Spoiler

March 27th

• Bugfix: Fixed rare issue with zero skill gain.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the ‘xxx must stand still’ message when trying to listen to a confession when the player is already standing still.
  • Bugfix: Battlecamp HotA should now correctly display the win message to server.

March 21st

Fishing Changes:

• Using no float (or using net or spear for fishing) has had it’s difficulty lowered from +20 to +10.
  • Fishing specifics relying on the time of day now work properly.
  • Fixed fishing skillgain ticks capping because of the length of time an action can actually take.

New HotA System added:

• Battle Camp HotA

• This system does not replace the existing HotA, but will run in tandem with it 
    • Battle Camps now spawn every 25 hours at random locations on the map.
    • These camps will not spawn in a village, under water, or on extreme slopes (mountains).
    • Lurker in the dark will now reveal the direction of 1 nearby battlecamp along with it’s normal 1 nearby enemy player (Distance based on cast power/pendulum)
    • New Battle Camps start neutral, and can be conquered by using an action on it which takes 5 minutes. If a camp is claimed by an enemy kingdom, it must first be neutralized, which takes 5 minutes as well.
    • When four Battle Camps are conquered by a single kingdom, a HotA statue reward is created at the most recently conquered Battle Camp. All four camps that were controlled by the kingdom are removed from the map. Any neutral camps, or camps controlled by other kingdoms, remain in play.
    • Battle Camps have a loot option that lets the owning kingdom loot a lump of moon metal every 24 hours from it with a 5 minute timer to claim it.
    • When a new Battle Camp is created, all other active camps on the server will take 10 damage. When a camp reaches 100 damage, it is removed from play.
    • When a Battle Camp is created, it forms a 40×40 zone around it.
      • Players cannot terraform inside the zone unless they conquer it. When conquered, terraforming slopes are limited to 40 steep.
      • Players cannot create or continue fences inside the zone unless they conquer it and only within the first 5 tiles around the camp. When conquered, locked fences in this 5 tile area will not unlock for enemies when an allied player passes through.
      • Players cannot place mine doors in a Battle Camp zone.
      • Players cannot place deeds or extend deeds into the Battle Camp zone.
      • Players cannot construct or expand buildings into a Battle Camp zone.
      • When the zone is removed all fences in the zone will be deleted regardless of it they were made before or after the zone.
  • Bugfix: Various text and grammar issues.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the rarity check while cleaning a furnace to properly reset for each ash.
  • Bugfix: Fixed journal entries that were at 100% but not properly shown as completed.
  • Bugfix: When creating items,  If both pieces can transfer their enchants/runes, only take them from the active item and not the target item.
    • Ex: If you find two scissor blades via archaeology, each with 2 runes/enchants, only the runes/enchants on the active item when creating will be carried over to the completed item.
  • Bugfix: Conditioned unicorn foals should now be born normal sized again.
  • Bugfix: Furnaces should no longer remain lit with no fire/smoke upon server restart.
  • Bugfix: Possible fix for the ‘unknown wall type’ fence parts which cannot be destroyed. (No foxes for Fabricant).
  • Bugfix: You are no longer able to eat something within 10 seconds of being attacked.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue with the 3 day premium redeem code sometimes not calculating correctly.
  • Bugfix: Reworded some mission items which were still too generic.
  • Bugfix: Fixed some issues which improperly ignored strength/weight checks in inventory.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed up the order that a quiver is found for Archery use.
    • Order is now as follows since arrows will not be used from unequipped backpacks:
      • Back Quiver
      • Hip Quiver
      • Inventory Quiver(s)
      • Basic Inventory
    • Or
      • Hip Quiver
      • Inventory Quiver(s)
      • Equipped backpack
      • Basic Inventory

• Bugfix:  Drakespirits should no longer be invisible.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed the display of masked items in character window.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed the shading of items in the character window.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed placing indicators for some items.

The post Patch Notes: 21/MAR/19 New HotA and tweaks appeared first on Wurm Online.

March 14th

• New: You are now able to light furnaces if you are lacking a steel and flint with a kindling and a hot burnable item, both of which will be consumed.
    • If you happened to throw away or lose your steel and flint, you can now use hot burning items (wooden tools, wooden scraps, logs, cotton, cloth) along with a kindling to light a forge or oven.
    • Note that the item must be ‘burning’ and will be consumed when lighting the furnace.
    • Reminder: You can create a campfire using just a wood scrap and a kindling in order to get your burning wood or cloth items hot enough to light the furnace.
  • New:  Added title for 100 pickaxe.
  • Priest Change: Rite of Death is now able to be cast on Freedom servers but is a laundered version of the PvP ritual spell.
    • Rite of Death on Freedom servers will not create mycelium and will not cause head wounds, but will give the sleep bonus and skill bonus.
  • Priest Change: Updated the warning when using /transfer for the one time deity change to emphasize the WL/BL and pvp kingdom issues.
    • Warning: Converting to a deity on Freedom then travelling to a Chaos kingdom that does not align with your deity you will lose all faith and abilities granted, and you will stop following that deity. Libila does not align with WL kingdoms and Fo/Vynora/Magranon do not align with BL kingdoms.
  • Journal Change: A percentage indicator was added to some Journal entries which have multiple things required.
  • Journal Change: Casting a global spell achievement is now awarded to the caster as well as those linked to the caster.
  • Bugfix:  Reworded the mouseover for Chop Down Some Trees journal entry to make it more clear that the action must result in a felled tree.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed a number of movement issues.
  • Bugfix:  Changed the calculation method for the antigank CR bonus to smooth out the number and prevent it from jumping around so much.
  • ART: Fixed winter texture for all ages of bushes.
  • ART: Fixed the issue of some trees and bushes not being visible in certain seasons with the setting of pretty trees   turned off.
  • ART:  Infected and enchanted trees should no longer show fruit.
  • ART: Added normal and specular maps to weapons, shields, most tools, transports and a variety of other metal items

• Bugfix:  Fixed the issue where small animated items could be barely seen when using the place option.
  • Bugfix:  Fruit graphics have been removed from enchanted and infected trees as they cannot be harvested.
  • Bugfix: Fixed animations glitching back and forward during walking
  • Bugfix: After a year of vacation, birds have found their way back onto the skies of Wurm

The post Patch Notes: 14/MAR/19 Journal Tweaks appeared first on Wurm Online.

Shine bright like a diamond
With all these fancy normal and specular maps, one question has gone unanswered... What about player armour? 

Well, the Saroman and Samool dream team (The S&S for brevity) have been hard at work, and are pleased to showcase, shiny armour!!! 

https://i.imgur.com/PrELaql.gifv 

plate.jpg

Not only that, because these guys don't do things by halves, they've gone and added the ability for rarity to show too! 

When these guys get together, nothing can stop them (bar performance impacts, and the odd ripply naked man). 

Expect this to go live in the coming weeks.

Crusader PMK gear

Well the votes are in, and my favourite one won! (I swear I had nothing to do with it, I just have good taste) 

We'll be doing a few tweaks then get them in-game for you all to continue to show off your cool PMK stuff. 

Movement and desync devblog
In the patch notes during this fortnight a little single bugfix was posted "fixed a number of movement issues" While it looks small, Budda took the time to jump into just how big this "simple" fix actually was and what it means. 

Check out all the details here:

WU Beta
The WU beta is ongoing, with a small patch released last week. We'll likely be including one more update before it all goes live, so hang onto your hats, that's gonna be huge! It appears to be one of, if not our biggest update we've done code wise! 

Community Content

Forum member Gawain has started vlogging his life in Wurm! He shares his adventures via YouTube video, and updates a forum thread here:

That's it from us this week, by next news the WU beta should have gone live, and we'll no doubt have more to share with you about what we've been working on. 

Until then though, keep on Wurming! 

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 22

Loving the shiny armor! :)

Great work Saroman and Samool.

Edited by syncaidius

Love the work guys! And hey thanks for sharing ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samool said:
  Hide contents

Oooooh real shiny!

• Like 1

Will we be able to dye bardings soon? 

And cam we finally get a cloth barding pmk template art variant and sail boat variant! 

Edited by Mclavin

Sorry to be a spoil sport but not really digging the glowing, throbbing, pulsating rare armor. The rarity bonus of armors is fine but then to "must see" these items slowly pulsating all the time is not my idea of subtly wearing these items in a manner easy on the mind and eye. Mind's eye even...

Oh yeah, all skills set to 0.00. Scary stuff!! Another first in Wurm history!, for as long as I have been around anyway. A day that will go down in infamy for the few that have experienced it. Too bad most will miss the experience.

=Ayes=

• Like 5

Keep up the good work, but at least one minor setback came from this to kingdom graphics. Some banners etc are messed up.

7 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

Nice work as always , buying all the rare bones! 

@ThemystrixWhat banners are messed up?

AO, JK and regular white banners, also few flags at least... i just logged in :P. ... OHH geez, hell horses look awful now, i hope that this ain't intented https://imgur.com/a/XA1pP5L

Edited by Themystrix

2 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

hell horses look awful now

lol, I'm sure this isn't intended. I have seen this happen once b4. It got fixed for me later, when I logged back in. Maybe a sneaky client update or some such.

• Like 2

Would be nice if i could log in without client crashing !

Thanks for the great work at constantly making wurm greater than it was before. I personally cannot wait to see my "Avril Lavigne" armor with the new mapping :) 

• Like 1

Could an option to turn off the rarity glow be added.

I really dislike em a lot.

I'd like to use rare items but I don't want half my deed to glow.

Love the other updates, great job!

• Like 2

Truly wonderful work there S & S.  The gleam and shine and reflection of the amors look great!!! wanted to use the word fantastic yet didn't want to confuse and have someone say well no it's only rare.  Amazing work and definitely nice eye candy.

Thanks to Ayes, i've been alerted to a new type of armor i'd be interested in acquiring.  wtb pulsating armor, pm in game, forums or discord.

Hi guys,

does somebody has hint why i have now 20-25 FPS?

What should i lower now?

I have Geforce GTX 1080.

Something had to be added/changed in render, 1 or 2 updates back i had stable 60 ..

Thanks in advance.

Edited by palmic