Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

[Bug] Snowmen statue doesnt show snowball

So after one of the latest patches (which also made my java crash, a dark character window and strange coloring on armor) my snowmen statues arent showing their snowballs, but only on one of my characters.

The character who cant see all snowballs use the regular stable loader with high graphics all over.

The character who sees the snowballs uses the stable low memory loader with low graphics all over.

It was never an issue before, and i have used the same settings on the toons for a very long time (atleast a year before the snowmen statues).

All statues are planted properly (ive tested it over several days).

Here is a first person picture from the two respective toons:

(screenshots are taken at the same time)

lfJxqH5.jpg

s1temrC.jpg

I can't reproduce this with either preview or stable using modern or legacy.

If you log out and back in with the character who cannot see the snowballs, does it change?

If you walk out of the building and back in does it change?

Is this a Windows, Linux or Mac OS?

Its a windows desktop. And i have been reproducing the same issue for several days. I usually wait a bit and then end up harvest all snowballs with my low setting toon.

This topic was made when after it appeared like this several times they spawned. I will try to update with more pictures if it happens again. :)

Edit: i usually log off properly using a bed when i go to sleep irl.

Edit2: i dont use the prieview loader on any toons. The toon that can see all the snowballs is the "[Stable (Low memory)]" - the toon who cannot see the snowballs uses the "[Stable]".

Edited by Nordlys

Well, this is wierd.

I did a test with my main toon tonight and loaded up both the [stable] and the [stable (low memory)] clients. In addition i tested both clients with high and low graphical settings. This is the result of todays harvest.

I also tested with an alt. The nearest snowman doesnt give snowballs tonight on any toon, any settings or any client. Mystery of the snowmen statues still lies in how i could see only 1 yesterday (its the same thats missing today) on my main toon, but all 7 on an alt.

Edit: all 7 got harvested by my alt yesterday. I will keep recording the snowmen behaviour.

l0UOlzN.jpg

Edited by Nordlys

I have a bug open for some of this behavior, I'll add your post to it as well.

I've noticed that the snowballs don't always 'appear' at the same time after I take the previous batch.  I've even picked up the snowman to be sure it wasn't sitting inside and just not showing outside (you can do this when you have 1 person who doesn't see and one who does.

Also, when you are not seeing the snowballs, try to remember if you came from a mine, came from an upper story, embarked or disembarked from a vehicle, etc.

Any details or reproduction you can find helps ;)

• Like 1