Sign in to follow this  
Hailene

Harvesting Crops as Combined Stack

So normally when you harvest a crop tile you'll get 8 individual pieces of corn, right? If you're harvesting hundreds of fields it gets tedious having to drop the crops into a container. My suggestion would have all the corn combined into a single item equivalent in weight to all 8 corn. This would make harvesting large fields much less troublesome.

Some other points:

1. When dropped into a FSB and withdrawn again, the crops will come back at their individual size. So if you didn't want to have an enormous corn dinner, you can drop it in a FSB and get 8 pieces of .1kg corn out. Much like meat.

2. When using it to reseed a field with a combined crop, you'll only use the weight of 1 regular crop. If you have less than a full crop's worth of weight, you can't reseed.

3. I hope saccing won't be affected. I assume that a corn item 8x as big will be worth 8x as much favor? If not, is there a way to make sure it is?

4. For mission saccing, it'll take into account the weight, rounded down.

I think that ought to cover it. What do you guys think?

You do know you can harvest crops while riding a wagon with an FSB inside of it now, right?

For less cumbersome crops (like corn and garlic) a backpack with 4 satchels in it (or a saddle sacks with 5 satchels in it) is a farmer's best friend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wargasm said:

You do know you can harvest crops while riding a wagon with an FSB inside of it now, right?

For less cumbersome crops (like corn and garlic) a backpack with 4 satchels in it (or a saddle sacks with 5 satchels in it) is a farmer's best friend.

Does this work for cotton with bsb?

Edited by Martynas5

31 minutes ago, Martynas5 said:

It should so. You can harvest while riding a wagon, i think you can even collect fruits that way. The only downside is that you have to disembark everytime to farm fields that is not tended if you want maximal gain (a lot of fields often tick after initial pass with rake and when you start harvesting)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martynas5 said:

Yes, or crates.

To the suggestion; i dont think farming hundreds of fields should be less tedious. 

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Fully aware. But it's a pain in the butt to drag crops into it every 6-7 tiles.