Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

[Not a bug] Crop tile poller plays non-existant sound night.crickets?

I've recently been looking into a few things for someone, and I noticed that the com.wurmonline.server.zones.CropTilePoller (as well as the TilePoller, depends if the CropTilePoller is enabled in server features) plays sound effects depending on the field tile age, and whether it's day or night. But when the tileAge is less than 7 and it's night time, it wants to play sound.ambient.night.crickets which I can't find in either jar, but there's a sound\ambient\sound.ambient.day.crickets.ogg in the graphics.jar (with a lot of other sound files).

I wouldn't say the sound itself sounds like either day or night time crickets sound, so it seems like either the could should use the existing crickets, or it's a missing or misnamed sound file?

/edit: I wonder if I should mention that it might be sensible to make it so that not every tile plays a sound when it grows or is ripe, because stacked on top of each other dozens of times makes it very, very loud. I've noticed it before but luckily my volume in-game is always rather low.

Edited by Ulviirala

on WU servers that cricket sound is played when the field is aging a level at night.

The sounds are looked up through mappings.... it is in graphics.jar (wogic!)

sound.ambient.day.crickets        = sound/ambient/sound.ambient.day.crickets.ogg
sound.ambient.night.crickets        = sound/ambient/sound.ambient.day.crickets.ogg

And i'm pretty sure it exists on WO too just because tiles age one at a time and not all at once it's kinda hard to notice.

Completely overlooked there was a sound mapping file in the graphics.jar (they've never moved them out when they split the jars so many years ago), I've only looked at the mappings in the sound.jar and the file list of the jars.