Sign in to follow this  
hetul

How do you think the wurm population could recover?

8 minutes ago, whereami said:

clearly not if it took you a whole 5 hours to gain 17 points of skill m8

VRAWX5D.png

Am I too late for the schlong-waving contest?

Did you just proved that skilling on freedom is also easy?

• Like 6

I didn't say that it wasn't, but if you're going to make it any easier it becomes a joke after a certain point.

32 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

but its not about money my dude, it's my pixels and I want to use them instead of having to make them again

I don't care if your stuff or my stuff gets devalued because I've never cared about the market, I care about games being fun and enjoyable ?

So innocent.. but .. at the same time that messed up other's gameplay.. it's not affecting just you.. and you can still slam that armor and everything else you bring to the main market where it's value is 100x higher than on a whole small cluster with 20 people where uniques are plentiful.

That's the only showstopper.. if things are that easy either way why not just make it again in your new freedom life?

Such change will affect others, it's not just bringing a valentine pottery that will sit in the corner.

You don't care if other's stuff get devalued, maybe others do?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

on a whole small cluster with 20 people where uniques are plentiful.

oh boy i'm gonna be able to bring over my drake cap that took me like 8 hatchling kills with <20 slayers to get gonna crash that unique market

1 drake and 1 dragon on freedom would drop more hide/scale than every single unique alive in the entirety of epic would drop, i don't think you understand just how pathetic their drops are on epic, there's only a couple of scale sets on epic compared to the hundreds on freedom

12 minutes ago, Finnn said:

if things are that easy either way why not just make it again in your new freedom life?

believe it or not, some items have sentimental value, some people don't like spamming items for hundreds of hours to replace their rares and whatnot, some people like using their items they already made?

20 minutes ago, Finnn said:

lmfao muh markets, i could spam enough rares in a week to ruin the market way worse than epic>freedom transfers

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Finnn said:

So innocent.. but .. at the same time that messed up other's gameplay.. it's not affecting just you.. and you can still slam that armor and everything else you bring to the main market where it's value is 100x higher than on a whole small cluster with 20 people where uniques are plentiful.

do you really think epic, with its greatly reduced drake/scale drops and needing more drake/scale to imp with for 90% of its lifetime, has floods of drake and scale armor?  After 8 years there's what, 5 full scale sets?  Maybe 10 at absolute max?

15 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Should your wallets define how good or bad the game is for everyone else?  Is real life money the core thing that all gameplay must be based around?  Do you not see how harmful that is?  How many changes/suggestions for new player qol alone were shot down or contested because someone wants to use a game to pay their electric bill?  Do people remember that wurm is a game not a job?  Do people think new players want to throw money at premium, throw money at a deed, throw money at bulk materials to build their deed, throw money at sellers to buy tools to make their deed or get skill? 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

oh boy i'm gonna be able to bring over my drake cap that took me like 8 hatchling kills with <20 slayers to get gonna crash that unique market

1 drake and 1 dragon on freedom would drop more hide/scale than every single unique alive in the entirety of epic would drop, i don't think you understand just how pathetic their drops are on epic, there's only a couple of scale sets on epic compared to the hundreds on freedom

believe it or not, some items have sentimental value, some people don't like spamming items for hundreds of hours to replace their rares and whatnot, some people like using their items they already made?

lmfao muh markets, i could spam enough rares in a week to ruin the market way worse than epic>freedom transfers

You have no such hat in this reality/world.

No such item exists in this life/realm.

That's another issue.

----

@gary makes no difference to your play here on freedom, if you so much want to wear epic items, you can do that 24/7 on epic, nothing stops you.

On freedom you just need to make another one, it's normal since it's another server cluster.

Why didn't you start on freedom from the start? Why should other be blamed for your choices?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

I've skilled on wild first.

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Why didn't you start on freedom from the start?

I did, I started before epic was a reality and I have more years on freedom than you have in wurm, I just so happened to focus efforts on epic because it was actually fun.  Should we be blamed for poor dev decisions or being ignored leading to epic's death?  Do you think anyone would have invested time/effort into epic had they magically seen the future?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whereami said:

What's the point? Why not pay for WU once and be done with it?

This is the reason the population is declining and not increasing.  Rolf knew it and didn't care.  Because money.

1 hour ago, whereami said:

clearly not if it took you a whole 5 hours to gain 17 points of skill m8

Are you stupid or are you blind?  17 was his starting skill.

17 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Should your wallets define how good or bad the game is for everyone else?  Is real life money the core thing that all gameplay must be based around?  Do you not see how harmful that is?  How many changes/suggestions for new player qol alone were shot down or contested because someone wants to use a game to pay their electric bill?  Do people remember that wurm is a game not a job?  Do people think new players want to throw money at premium, throw money at a deed, throw money at bulk materials to build their deed, throw money at sellers to buy tools to make their deed or get skill? 

Nobody could have said this any better.  QFT.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Are you stupid or are you blind?  17 was his starting skill.

Neither, but you have just demonstrated that you, are indeed stupid. Or at least that you lack sufficient ability to read.

I'm not sure I can help you, but let me at least try... You're welcome.

jsJdEln.png

Edited by whereami

so wurm can recover by watchin u guys argue n talk about your high skills and money ok

• Like 6

7 hours ago, christopher said:

so wurm can recover by watchin u guys argue n talk about your high skills and money ok

this was actually just a quick bit of social engineering to get a "muh marketer" to not only contradict himself but make himself look kinda dumb in the process

how to be a "muh marketer"

1.complain how epic was too easy and state epic players were "given a free ride"

2.when someone says your math isn't even close to being correct, shrug it off and say "i dont care about specifics ok"

3. accuse said person calling out your specifics being wrong for "macroing and having an agenda"

4. post a skill tracker of you going from 17 to 80 skill in less than a day, contradicting yourself greatly

5. other person posts a link showing you are trying to pay your bills with selling items in a game and thats why you don't want others hard work on your cluster, not because of any other reason

selling books, let me know

• Like 1

Everything useful has been said, and this is now just random bickering.  Thread locked.

• Like 4