Sign in to follow this  
hetul

How do you think the wurm population could recover?

1 hour ago, whereami said:

EDIT:

NO. No items from Epic should EVER be allowed to come to freedom. Our markets are already suffering from you lot being able to port your hundreds of characters over to our servers while retaining 9/10ths of the skill it took you 1/3rd of the time to get in comparison to us.

INDEED.

Since I started playing like 4-5 years ago, I constantly hear, how markets on freedom are suffering or could suffer couse of this or that.

I guess living on the freedom must be pretty scarry.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 2:23 AM, Flubb said:

Basically an instanced version of this would be nice for that. Rift 2: Electric Boogalo

Making this instanced has plenty of implications that are worth toying around with, probably will in a separate thread. I was interested in this idea back then but thought the roadmap was too full for the devs accomodating new players instead. With the journal and Haven's Landing out, this may be worth picking up again?

This, but marketed as an expansion. Full title upgrade: Wurm Online: Some Expansion. Focus the new area on community gathering and overcoming challenges as a group. Offer incentive to F2P players while they're there. Make it rewarding for existing players to join, whether they're just getting started or seasoned veterans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, platinumteef said:

look we get it, you don't know how to properly skill a character, its why you've had the same character that you purchased however many years ago and still aren't over 50 body

Says someone who skilled on Epic and not on Freedom... Go figure?

Also you clearly know nothing about my account. Your way of skilling probably involves AutoHotKey anyways.

Instead of trying to unsuccessfully pick a personal fight with someone who's never really had anything against you personally, why don't you just publicly admit (like you have to me in private) that Epic was literally the single biggest window of opportunity to date? That is actually a direct quote of Mondain from Vanda voice comms, for all those whom may be interested.

Edited by whereami

32 minutes ago, whereami said:

Says someone who skilled on Epic and not on Freedom... Go figure?

Also you clearly know nothing about my account. Your way of skilling probably involves AutoHotKey anyways.

Instead of trying to unsuccessfully pick a personal fight with someone who's never really had anything against you personally, why don't you just publicly admit (like you have to me in private) that Epic was literally the single biggest window of opportunity to date? That is actually a direct quote of Mondain from Vanda voice comms, for all those whom may be interested.

I skilled more in 4 months on freedom than your entire account has in total

selling tips on how to maximize skill gains, lmk

"unsuccessfully", you just publicly stated that I macro because I better understand the mechanics? seems successful to me

go create hunting arrow heads for weaponsmithing skill, like you instruct the rest of your kingdom members to do

Someone's spent a little too much time around TC, I see you're taking up pages from McLackin's book and constructing your own wild proof-less fantasies in order to try and belittle others. Very noble of you.

I'm not sure where all the salt is coming from, I've done nothing to instigate you, unless it was the fact that I acknowledged your free-ride on skills and dismissed the allowance of porting your innumerable amounts of rares, MM items, and sorcery items over from epic and dumping them into our already abysmal economy that triggered you. But let's take a look at why that would be shall we? Why would something like that trigger Mondain... Hmm. Gee do the words "Personal Interest" ring a bell to anybody here?

Edited by whereami

On 3/29/2019 at 7:41 AM, Ruger said:

The new player experience in this game does suck ass but make it past that and well.. See Aums disclaimer. lol So well put Aum. 

Yeah, make it past that and get screwed over by someone stealing 3 gold for veggies never delivered and quit anyway.

I've skilled on wild first.  Then I skilled on epic.  Then I skilled on freedom again.

I think I'm qualified to say that while both have their own advantages and disadvantages, the people so goddamned adamant that people that invested time into epic are not to be given the same respect as those on freedom and they shouldn't have ever been allowed to take their skills to freedom and never their items because they believe epic people aren't playing the same game are too blind to see that their arrogant attitude is yet another reason we have threads like this popping up every couple months.  Does it really hurt you that badly that someone else might actually be allowed to enjoy the game again on the persistent cluster because they didn't ask for their epic cluster to be treated like some test server and disregarded?  Does it hurt that badly that people are still playing and being a part of the games population because of the merge instead of quitting entirely?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Does it hurt that badly that people are still playing and being a part of the games population because of the merge instead of quitting entirely?

If they've been handed an end-game account at some fraction, whatever that percentage be, of what it took someone else to earn the same thing on the cluster they have migrated to then yes, that's hurts my time invested and devalues my effort put into the game. A lot of people will be jaded by that, and the Epic people are blinded by the fact that they have all this cool stuff that they put effort into making that was on the WRONG CLUSTER and now they want it all back so they ask for epic items to be transferrable which would absolutely decimate the freedom market.

Don't get me wrong, I am sympathetic to the cause of Epic's dying. I don't wish it upon you all that you were displaced from the servers you loved so much. But why do I have to suffer because of it, too?

Edited by whereami

3 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

I've skilled on wild first.  Then I skilled on epic.  Then I skilled on freedom again.

I think I'm qualified to say that while both have their own advantages and disadvantages, the people so goddamned adamant that people that invested time into epic are not to be given the same respect as those on freedom and they shouldn't have ever been allowed to take their skills to freedom and never their items because they believe epic people aren't playing the same game are too blind to see that their arrogant attitude is yet another reason we have threads like this popping up every couple months.  Does it really hurt you that badly that someone else might actually be allowed to enjoy the game again on the persistent cluster because they didn't ask for their epic cluster to be treated like some test server and disregarded?  Does it hurt that badly that people are still playing and being a part of the games population because of the merge instead of quitting entirely?

no sorry, you can't have anything that you worked for, because I bought an account 6 years ago and it still sucks and im trying to pay for my girlfriends kids food selling rare items on freedom

[11:59:58] <Felinas> (Del) WTS / WTT Rare Tools/Weapons/Armor/ETC, made to order! - Brand new stock available 3/26 - https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/168296-rare-factory-custom-made-rares-plus/

Mondain, dude, calm down man. Why are you trying so hard to attack / offend me? You know it's not going to happen. You don't even know a goddamned thing about me or my personal life, so get outta here.

We're trying to have a productive discussion here, some of us. We can tell you've no factual information or unbiased opinions to provide so, please. Let people who can compose themselves talk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whereami said:

If they've been handed an end-game account at some fraction, whatever that percentage be, of what it took someone else to earn the same thing on the cluster they have migrated to then yes, that's hurts my time invested and devalues my effort put into the game.

i think there's a total of like, 10 people that grinded skills past 80 on epic pre-merge, and one of them got banned for playing wurm while driving his truck. I've skilled on both and it's really not as fast as you're making it out to be, x.77+23 doubles skillgain but you can't reliably do that with the curve past 75ish, so grinding past 90 ended up about the same on both.

Just now, whereami said:

Mondain, dude, calm down man. Why are you trying so hard to attack / offend me? You know it's not going to happen. You don't even know a goddamned thing about me or my personal life, so get outta here.

We're trying to have a productive discussion here, some of us. We can tell you've no factual information or unbiased opinions to provide so, please. Let people who can compose themselves talk.

sorry mate I'm just hitting you with facts. Sorry that they're the truth and they make you feel uncomfortable enough to spout out accusations, such as "macroing" or "having personal agendas" in your response.

I'd absolutely love for you to provide me one single piece of evidence that supports a single thing your last 3 posts have stated...

You're literally trying to harass me because I'm making rares and can successfully make money from this game and you don't because you put all your efforts into a dead cluster. Not my fault dude, go harass the Devs that abandoned you instead of me.

Edited by whereami

2 minutes ago, whereami said:

I'd absolutely love for you to provide me one single piece of evidence that supports a single thing your last 3 posts have stated...

1 hour ago, whereami said:

publicly accusing me of macroing

4 hours ago, whereami said:

NO. No items from Epic should EVER be allowed to come to freedom. Our markets are already suffering from you lot being able to port your hundreds of characters over to our servers while retaining 9/10ths of the skill it took you 1/3rd of the time to get in comparison to us.

horribly incorrect math, would you like a 3rd person to go into the math of freedom vs epic skilling, as you clearly have no experience in either

37 minutes ago, whereami said:

I'm not sure where all the salt is coming from, I've done nothing to instigate you, unless it was the fact that I acknowledged your free-ride on skills and dismissed the allowance of porting your innumerable amounts of rares, MM items, and sorcery items over from epic and dumping them into our already abysmal economy that triggered you. But let's take a look at why that would be shall we? Why would something like that trigger Mondain... Hmm. Gee do the words "Personal Interest" ring a bell to anybody here?

I don't own a single item on Epic, as I've sold it all

I wouldnt want this to turn into a 3 page argument, but unless you get your math correct and stop accusing me of retarded stuff, i'll continue derailing this thread alongside you

• Like 2

So what you're saying is that you can't provide any evidence to support your personal attacks on me (all of which your last 3 posts have consisted of, not trying to fact check me) but instead now you try to spout out that you're upset because my math is wrong as if it's evidence that supports you attacking me...? Get real dude, take your pills or something. You used to be level headed.

Sure, I exaggerated the numbers and I dont care about being 100% correct on them because you and everyone else knows the end result is clear - the servers were CREATED TO DO ONE THING which is to make it EASIER for someone to reach 70 skill in something to be adequate enough to compete not only in the general market but in PvP.

You're not fooling anyone here dude, not even yourself.

Edited by whereami

7 minutes ago, whereami said:

the servers were CREATED TO DO ONE THING which is to make it EASIER for someone to reach 70 skill in something to be adequate enough to compete not only in the general market but in PvP.

995fbeed363dea6ebe1eaca0c8c12262.png

freedom's pretty easy too my dude

44 minutes ago, whereami said:

A lot of people will be jaded by that, and the Epic people are blinded by the fact that they have all this cool stuff that they put effort into making that was on the WRONG CLUSTER and now they want it all back so they ask for epic items to be transferrable which would absolutely decimate the freedom market.

I don't care about freedoms market, I want my stuff so I can have my stuff and use it instead of it sitting in limbo for the next 10 years.

I don't get all these cries from blinded people that epic items will ruin muh market.

Rares?  Freedom has rare farmers lol, who farmed rares on epic? no one.

Moonmetal?  Chaos has the same hota epic does for just as long...  Freedom has SEVEN pve servers to do rifts with their alts safely and get heaps of moonmetal

Tomes?  Did you uh, forget the ol' personal goals razzle dazzle?  Have fun searching through this link and seeing how many 3 charge tomes dropped on freedom servers.  I'm willing to bet that in less than a year freedom got more tomes than epic ever got in all of nearly 8 years https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&amp;vertical=default&amp;q="has Won The Game and receives"&amp;src=typd

• Like 2

I never said it wasn't? Some things certainly are easy here, I am not saying they aren't. But I'm also saying that some things that are empirically difficult on freedom, are not on Epic. Hence why people are using it to get 70 prayer skill for journals, and other things too.

@Gary  - "We already have an overabundance of all of these things. What's the harm in adding more? Screw it!" - I understand where you are coming from. I get your mentality. But no. Please. We need less of everything.

Edited by whereami

11 minutes ago, whereami said:

I never said it wasn't? Some things certainly are easy here, I am not saying they aren't. But I'm also saying that some things that are empirically difficult on freedom, are not on Epic. Hence why people are using it to get 70 prayer skill for journals, and other things too.

@Gary  - "We already have an overabundance of all of these things. What's the harm in adding more? Screw it!" - I understand where you are coming from. I get your mentality. But no. Please. We need less of everything.

They're using it to get 70 prayer NOW, after the skill system change, after the one time merge.  If you were using the normal pre-merge skill system on epic still, it would be easier to grind it on freedom.  Like many things on epic before it was turned into a circus, the curve sacrificed optimal skilling to give you the ability to make things sooner instead of needing the skill to do it.  Try to grind prayer to 91 on freedom, that's what it was like on epic just with doubled tick sizes.  2x0=0

Fact of the matter is everything on freedom is safe.  You can say we need less of everything, but that doesn't change the fact you have everything of yours on the persistent cluster, while those of us that played on the test cluster don't and are treated like the enemy to the game for wanting fair treatment because one potential downside to you is more important than the near decade of downsides thrown at epic

What I really want to know is, people that are so defensive over the markets and so anti-epic player, who is the market being defended for?   When people are so steadfast in their methods that keep people away as the population keeps declining, who will be left to use it?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

What I really want to know is, people that are so defensive over the markets and so anti-epic player, who is the market being defended for?   When people are so steadfast in their methods that keep people away as the population keeps declining, who will be left to use it?

I''m not 100% sure what you mean by defending the market, but I'm going to assume you mean those whom are against deflation because it makes the most sense to me in your context;

I think there are a number of players other than myself, that like the idea that they have assets in this game that are worth real money. I don't know about anyone else's personal situation but I like the idea that I can half-ass this game while I'm working, and still feel semi-productive with the time I've put in since my efforts weren't completely worthless like they would be in a game like WoW or Runescape... lol. That is starting to change however. I mean, if my efforts truly are worthless here then I may as well be playing Wurm Unlimited on my own private server where I can just have fantastic everything, right? Would that not make more sense than pay a monthly subscription to a game where there is no hope of sustaining my subscription itself with the in-game economy? Why pay the extra 15 bucks a month? What's the point? Why not pay for WU once and be done with it?

Fact of the matter is everything on freedom is safe.  You can say we need less of everything, but that doesn't change the fact you have everything of yours on the persistent cluster, while those of us that played on the test cluster don't and are treated like the enemy to the game for wanting fair treatment because one potential downside to you is more important than the near decade of downsides thrown at epic

You don't like it that your stuff is worthless cause it's on Epic. But you don't care when my stuff gets devalued because you were allowed to port it over to my server, where it didn't belong nor originate from in the first place.

Do you not see how that is highly hypocritical?

Edited by whereami

44 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

995fbeed363dea6ebe1eaca0c8c12262.png

freedom's pretty easy too my dude

yeah i think its new to him that you can hit 70 in pretty much any crafting skill in about 6hrs on freedom, but eh, thats failinas for you

• Like 1

rLP5RGp.jpg

roughly 5 hours of sb, no bonuses like pok or affinities, took me two days to commit 5 hours of play with my "autohotkey skilling"

no idea what im doing

18 minutes ago, whereami said:

You don't like it that your stuff is worthless cause it's on Epic

but its not about money my dude, it's my pixels and I want to use them instead of having to make them again

I don't care if your stuff or my stuff gets devalued because I've never cared about the market, I care about games being fun and enjoyable ?

21 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

no idea what im doing

clearly not if it took you a whole 5 hours to gain 17 points of skill m8

VRAWX5D.png

Am I too late for the schlong-waving contest?