Sign in to follow this  
Lucyein

Make normal mobs drop moonmetals

34 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

Wow.

Wow what?  It's true!

Moonmetal has already gone down in price 1/3-1/4 of what it used to be just because of Rifts.  There is a rift...somewhere... just about every single day, sometimes twice a day.  If you want more MM, simply ask for a slight increase to the quantity of MM received from completing rifts.  No reason to make something precious obtainable from solo hunting, which does nothing to encourage group activity or a sense of community.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Wow what?  It's true!

Moonmetal has already gone down in price 1/3-1/4 of what it used to be just because of Rifts. 

More like down like 95% in price from 2015. That's why I don't understand the argument? Why not introduce a newer tier that's exclusive for pvp?

1 hour ago, Niki said:

Take a joke for what it is, don't read between the lines. Didn't you see me liking the posts? Okay. I've edited it regardless.

you can be passive aggressive as you chose to be , that doesn't mean you won't get called out on it, and falling back onto "it's a joke" is not something many would believe at all when you have years of practice attacking people.  You are one hardly known for humor but instead known for biting comments and vicious side pms then deleting it all as if a victim.  I just don't buy it anymore and you don't get to treat people badly,  that have been kind to you without consequence.  You remain a highly toxic person trying hard to be noticed at any cost.

• Like 5

Sure let's do this here and now since you refuse to accept my apology and be mature in any sense over discord. Blood said something slightly mean to another person and I thought he was talking to me and I misinterpreted it. He refuses to acknowledge the misunderstanding. So i'm toxic now for not letting a bully talk trash about me? Sorry I have no time for internet bullies. I think you 100% were attacking me still, but gave a cop out response.

Don't use me as a pin cushion for your problems. I'm not your friend anymore.

Or blame me for stuff I haven't done.

I've been extremely mature you haven't since I've really got to know you. The stuff you talked about in discord still haunts me.

Edited by Niki

+1 just because some derp basically referred to the bulk of the subscribers as welfare recipients.

While I don't wish harm upon WO, it would be fun if Freedomers mass quit some day to watch the "for profit" players and those who want to keep Wurm back in 2010 tear each other to bits... all 20 of them (at best).

• Like 2

my reason for a no is more based on the notion someone plays this game in a casual way and want casual easy rewards for it..this is not that kind of game and has over a decade of practice otherwise. 

The "market" fixation as a benchmark to the health of a game holds little weight to me as the market is a side benefit of the game play not critical to the ability to play and enjoy.  Games should be played as just games, when people play a game in a manner like one would go to a job in order to solely make money irl, that no longer becomes a game.  Moreover from my observation of the years of playing, the crux of vast majority of disputes, of problematic behavior that results in account or item theft is irl money based.   Because you can make irl money in the game it shapes some..only some's motivation towards that and anyone impeding that is in their way and problems begin.  Fixing the market does not fix the game though a more robust game will tend to have a healthier market.  Too many bad behaviors and actions result from those trying to IRL monetize this game and that greed resulting in turning  player against player.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bloodscythe said:

my reason for a no is more based on the notion someone plays this game in a casual way and want casual easy rewards for it..this is not that kind of game and has over a decade of practice otherwise. 

The "market" fixation as a benchmark to the health of a game holds little weight to me as the market is a side benefit of the game play not critical to the ability to play and enjoy.  Games should be played as just games, when people play a game in a manner like one would go to a job in order to solely make money irl, that no longer becomes a game.  Moreover from my observation of the years of playing, the crux of vast majority of disputes, of problematic behavior that results in account or item theft is irl money based.   Because you can make irl money in the game it shapes some..only some's motivation towards that and anyone impeding that is in their way and problems begin.  Fixing the market does not fix the game though a more robust game will tend to have a healthier market.  Too many bad behaviors and actions result from those trying to IRL monetize this game and that greed resulting in turning  player against player.

There is truly nothing wrong with adding more casual aspects. This game like it or not is a true economy game, but their is stagnation because of lack of development in these areas. I rather people play and not let that aspect of the game being stagnate drive away players. Wouldn't you like more players?

• Like 1

I guess even extremely low chance bothers some people. I don't mind people coming as a kingdom to trash the suggestion because it just makes it more popular but some comments are very disturbing. For some very mysterious reason, pvp players seem to think all changes should be done with the wellbeing of the pvp players taken as the highest priority.

The more rare it is for a normal mob to drop moon metal, the more happy people would become when they get it. It shouldn't in any way replace hota or rift or even come close to it.

Also, I get that some people think they are entitled to some ways of making money in the game and these ways aren't allowed to be changed or disturbed, but I don't think it is the duty of other players or devs to always work towards providing that. The focus should always be to make the game more attractive and more fun while keeping player retention in mind.

If the well dries out, if the ''welfare recipients'' stop buying your stuff, quit the game or just move to wu, even if your way to make silver is still completely undisturbed, you won't have anyone to trade with and if there are more and more players, you will have more people to sell things to and buy things from even if the things you would rather have undisturbed has been tweaked a little or added few harmless things to it. I always see people commenting on suggestions and other topics in a way that shows they just don't seem to understand that fact. If you care about the ingame market/economy, how do you not care about player retention, getting more players, overall making the game more fun and engaging? When there are only a hundred players in the game and all of them are sitting on a mountain of moon metals, I don't think it will matter whether you can get moon metals from normal mobs with extremely low chance or not.

The hunting and the rewards from it should be made more interesting, hunting should feel more rewarding psychologically and how people feel doing something is more important for most players and the entertaintment they get from the game than efficiency. It is still possible to make something feel more rewarding without increasing the efficiency significantly. Hunting should be made more rewarding, more engaging, more fun overall with or without moon metals. This suggestion is just one approach.

I don't think it is healthy for people to always comment based on a single priority and comment in an agressive, entitled, condescending way.

Edited by Lucyein
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

+1 just because some derp basically referred to the bulk of the subscribers as welfare recipients.

While I don't wish harm upon WO, it would be fun if Freedomers mass quit some day to watch the "for profit" players and those who want to keep Wurm back in 2010 tear each other to bits... all 20 of them (at best).

Though I liked the overall post of wargasm i wasn't keen on that word "welfare recipient" or portrayal.  There is such a condescending tone towards freedomers i haven't understood  esp given that they prop up the pvp market as their biggest customer..the china of wurm. It is also the largest player base portion of wurm overall population so if anything pve style is the bread and butter and very much the biggest more profittable component of the game in sustainabiliy.  Players have expressed their preference of which aspect of wurm is most popular.  

It would be very nice to see that purge of the "for profit" players", for with that you'd see a different mentality and gaming experience.  I"m ok with a market yet the ability to transfer it out of game into rl coin is not a healthy idea.  If someone says but if there was no rl coin opportunity , few would play..well that doesn't say much for the quality of a game then does it if the only reason it stands on it's feet is for rl coin farming.  I don't believe this is the case for wurm, and I don't believe this represents the vast majority of wurm players.

@LucyeinI get the spirit of your post, yet does hunting not already carry it's own rewards?  you get fight skill, you get to hunt via melee, archery, on foot , on mount, on cart and collect all the meat, hides, and bits to make many things from healing covers to cooking recipes to making leather for armor and saddles.  Let alone the experience to just go fight and be a savage in the woods laying waste to aggressive badies.  If that is not fun you can opt not to do it for there are so so many other things to do in this game.  Yet the suggestion put forth sorta says this is not enough for enjoyment, that there needs to drops worth some monetary value to be exciting..which goes back to that materialism thing again.  The games value not only rests so heavily in the massively deep and wide spanse of crafting options but also in the ability to terraform the landscape to suit you and connect into the persistent mmo sandbox world on your server..or not.  If the game is not fun on it's merits but needs something valuable to be available to be fun..that may be a wrong strategy in game theory for wurm.  I profess no expertise here, so i could be wrong.  sharing a perspective on the idea you put forth.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bloodscythe said:

Though I liked the overall post of wargasm i wasn't keen on that word "welfare recipient" or portrayal.  There is such a condescending tone towards freedomers i haven't understood  esp given that they prop up the pvp market as their biggest customer..the china of wurm. It is also the largest player base portion of wurm overall population so if anything pve style is the bread and butter and very much the biggest more profittable component of the game in sustainabiliy.  Players have expressed their preference of which aspect of wurm is most popular.  

It would be very nice to see that purge of the "for profit" players", for with that you'd see a different mentality and gaming experience.  I"m ok with a market yet the ability to transfer it out of game into rl coin is not a healthy idea.  If someone says but if there was no rl coin opportunity , few would play..well that doesn't say much for the quality of a game then does it if the only reason it stands on it's feet is for rl coin farming.  I don't believe this is the case for wurm, and I don't believe this represents the vast majority of wurm players.

@LucyeinI get the spirit of your post, yet does hunting not already carry it's own rewards?  you get fight skill, you get to hunt via melee, archery, on foot , on mount, on cart and collect all the meat, hides, and bits to make many things from healing covers to cooking recipes to making leather for armor and saddles.  Let alone the experience to just go fight and be a savage in the woods laying waste to aggressive badies.  If that is not fun you can opt not to do it for there are so so many other things to do in this game.  Yet the suggestion put forth sorta says this is not enough for enjoyment, that there needs to drops worth some monetary value to be exciting..which goes back to that materialism thing again.  The games value not only rests so heavily in the massively deep and wide spanse of crafting options but also in the ability to terraform the landscape to suit you and connect into the persistent mmo sandbox world on your server..or not.  If the game is not fun on it's merits but needs something valuable to be available to be fun..that may be a wrong strategy in game theory for wurm.  I profess no expertise here, so i could be wrong.  sharing a perspective on the idea you put forth.

That is an arguement towards efficiency. I am not asking for it to drop often enough to make hunting far more efficient as resource gathering action. About the monetary value... The moon metal doesn't directly have monetary value, it has monetary value because it can be used to craft, looks cool, has good properties. Anything that can be made to drop from mobs will have monetary value since monetary value is inevitable if something is useful or mean something to the player base so the monetary value arguement is not very strong in my opinion, especially considering that money literally drops from hunting already. I am not asking for coins to drop more often from mobs, that is not my suggestion at all.

Also, any gathering and crafting you can do stationary in wurm online has more efficiency, more potential to produce monetary value than hunting despite not having any risks attached to it, not having as much maintainance requirement of items as hunting does. So a slight increase in efficiency as a side effect of trying to make hunting more rewarding in a fun way (I think having a very low chance great item drop while you are hunting is more fun than getting tons and tons of regular animal parts almost every single time you kill and butcher something)  won't make hunting more imbalanced and superior to anything a person can do in the game. Once again, I am not saying it should drop moon metals so often that it should become a viable way to get moon metals. I am not saying it should be reliable enough that people would go hunt in order to get moon metal, I am saying people who already hunt should get moon metal now and then out of pure luck and feel good about it.

Edit: Suggestion topic edited to add more detail.

Edited by Lucyein

+1 but only if it can be dropped by higher tier mobs to be introduced to freedom, like stray "rift mob groups" as has been suggested before, which would both be rare and hard to defeat on your own. Wolves ought not to drop MM.

Freedomers are clamouring for stronger mobs already to challenge them so why not get two birds with one stone.

7 hours ago, Wargasm said:

should be impossible to get on Freedom.  freedomers think they are entitled to it.

That's a level of gatekeeping that could contain the Corprus disease in the center of Vvardenfell.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Niki said:

Sure let's do this here and now since you refuse to accept my apology and be mature in any sense over discord. Blood said something slightly mean to another person and I thought he was talking to me and I misinterpreted it. He refuses to acknowledge the misunderstanding. So i'm toxic now for not letting a bully talk trash about me? Sorry I have no time for internet bullies. I think you 100% were attacking me still, but gave a cop out response.

Don't use me as a pin cushion for your problems. I'm not your friend anymore.

Or blame me for stuff I haven't done.

I've been extremely mature you haven't since I've really got to know you. The stuff you talked about in discord still haunts me.

well logs are helpful, all can decide for self vs your editorial.  funny thing is logs don't match too well to your story. plus i don't want to take from this thread and this way people can ignore this that aren't interested but i like to stick to the facts.

Spoiler

yqtMsXn.jpg

• Like 2

+1

Why not have it as a rare roll equivalent?

Also, this thread could really use a mod cleanup...

• Like 1

Let's keep the drama off the thread and keep the chat related to the suggestion.

Regards

Shakys (Forum Moderator)

• Like 2

A handful of new mobs with rift ogre/mage stats wouldn't hurt to make this suggestion a reality.

*Edit* just make them rather slow with a tiny aggro radius to not lose half the newer players in the first week.  The kind of mob where pursuit isn't the concern, but whether you can stand toe to toe with one.   For an extra "bonus", we could have guards and templars ignore them.

Edited by Mordraug

6 hours ago, Farmboy102 said:

Heres an idea, Just bring Epic mobs to Freedom

Oh man, i'd love to see the rage during a champion drakespirit mission

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

I'd love to see a "mercenary" market result from those lol.  People pay people to make bricks, why not pay people to help take down big mobs eh.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Maybe freedomers will learn to cooperate once in a while for missions that can't be done alone instead of just ignoring them. (Because now the missions will not ignore you)

I for one would look forward to this, to valorously fight these mighty creatures by shooting at them with long bows like a little ######.

Do catapults also work?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flubb said:

Maybe freedomers will learn to cooperate once in a while for missions that can't be done alone instead of just ignoring them. (Because now the missions will not ignore you)

I for one would look forward to this, to valorously fight these mighty creatures by shooting at them with long bows like a little ######.

Do catapults also work?

I've never killed a spirit with arrows; apparently they need to be enchanted. Arrows are your best bet against a Nogump, though, if you see one.

The problem with Valrei mobs is that they're suicidal. Mostly I either see spirits at server borders, or some level of Uttacha spawn (since those can just last longer). I haven't seen a wild Nogump, Sol demon, or Deathcrawler minion in ages.