Sign in to follow this  
Gawain

Frequency of Ingame music

Is there a handle we could see a frequency slider introduced so we can control how often we get to hear the music ingame? I think that many players would definitely enjoy this option.

• Like 1

+1

Yeah I'd like if they added more music also

I turn off music ingame -- it's too erratic and jarring the way it is currently implemented (unless they changed it recently). 

But .. I absolutely love the Wurm soundtrack! So I instead play this in the background at low volume:

Wurm Online Soundtrack (21 tracks)

If you prefer not to be running a browser in the background, you can extract the OGG music files from the game files (\packs\sound\010-Music-Incidental) and play them with any media player that handles OGG format.

You can also get through:

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I turn off music ingame -- it's too erratic and jarring the way it is currently implemented (unless they changed it recently). 

But .. I absolutely love the Wurm soundtrack! So I instead play this in the background at low volume:

Wurm Online Soundtrack (21 tracks)

If you prefer not to be running a browser in the background, you can extract the OGG music files from the game files (\packs\sound\010-Music-Incidental) and play them with any media player that handles OGG format.

You can also get through:

Ah! Ok. Do you have any idea where I can find the really old soundtrack? (Pre 1.1)

I believe the original music was by Gurubear whose real life name is Joss Sanglier

1 minute ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I believe the original music was by Gurubear whose real life name is Joss Sanglier

Ah alright! Hopefully I can find a mp3 maybe to add to my iTunes. 

Actually, I think 

This Is The Link You Are looking For  (16 tracks of pre 1.1 soundtrack)

There is a browser named flashpeak slimjet that will let you download/convert  youtube videos into audio-only  MP3 files.

(at least, the version I use does:  Version 15.0.1.0 (based on Chromium 59.0.3071.86)

• Like 1

I prefer to turn off the music in game and play my own gaming playlist from my local Spotify music library, which are downloaded by my Spotify to MP3 Converter.

Those Spotify MP3 songs are local files that saved in my device, so they won't occupy much temporary memory when playing.

Maybe it is a replacement method that can solve the issue you mentioned.

Most veteran players use the youtube to listen to their own taste. Later on i did get tired of listen to the same thing over and over.

On 7/21/2020 at 10:54 AM, lisabrown said:

I prefer to turn off the music in game and play my own gaming playlist from my local Spotify music library, which are downloaded by my Spotify to MP3 Converter.

Those Spotify MP3 songs are local files that saved in my device, so they won't occupy much temporary memory when playing.

Maybe it is a replacement method that can solve the issue you mentioned.

Agree. I also like to play my own Spotify gaming playlists from the local.  But I use another Spotify to MP3 Converter that runs at a super fast speed.

It is surely a great workaround to fix Gawain's issue.

Ingame music is entirely wasted on me.  One of my first changes to settings in almost any game is to turn off the music.  I think it might come from being old-school and playing games like the Elite series.  I could only listen to a midi of "In the Hall of the Mountain King" so many times before I wanted smash things.

On another note (see what I did there?)  every time I see this thread title about the frequency of ingame music, I think of someone wanting it higher-pitched or something.

As for the ingame music, I usually listen to music from Spotify while playing games. And to do that, I use the tool Spotify Music Converter to help me get Spotify music as local files and then move them to my games for playing.