Sign in to follow this  
Xilanthus

Looking for How to Accomplish This

I have created a rectangular graveyard (6 tiles by 7 tiles) with a High Iron Fence around it and a single gate.

The graveyard is supposed to be from a long time ago and it is overgrown with very old trees and shrubs with gravestones and rusty damaged fences.

The Graveyard is not on a Deed, it is in the wilderness for people to find.

NOW FOR THE REQUEST(S)...

1. Make hostile skeletons walk the graveyard at night, or between certain hours (10 pm to 3 am).
  2. Hostile skeletons vanish in the morning (or when end time comes) and do not leave behind corpses.
  3. If anyone disturbs the tile (dig, cultivate, chop down, etc.) or damaged any planted item within the graveyard, they take damage and lose Karma.

I am willing to incorporate existing Mods to accomplish something similar if they are available.

Additionally, is there a way to make a coffin be a secret entrance down to the underground crypt below the cemetery without having to make an actual tunnel?

I know I can create a mission to teleport the player to a spot in the crypt (once it is dug out) when they interact with the Coffin (i.e., put a gem inside the coffin),
but how do I tunnel out the crypt area without removing the dirt around and screwing up the nice forest around?

I'm being difficult, I know - Please forgive me!

-Xil

Sounds like you want something that is sort of scripted, which either someone would have to make for you or you would need to code yourself (latter is most likely as I don't think many others are interested in this)

That said Wraiths might be a better option for you as they die in sunlight anyways, and don't leave corpses. The only thing is getting them to spawn every night after sundown.

2 minutes ago, whereami said:

Sounds like you want something that is sort of scripted, which either someone would have to make for you or you would need to code yourself (latter is most likely as I don't think many others are interested in this)

That said Wraiths might be a better option for you as they die in sunlight anyways, and don't leave corpses. The only thing is getting them to spawn every night after sundown.

I don't mind scripting it (I know C++, but not that great at Java) I just don't know how I would ever start.  Any advice?

- Xil

I want to be clear before I say anything further;

I am a programmer, not a Wurm Unlimited modder. I only understand Java code. I don't write mods on the regular occasion so there are definitely people out there with a better knowledge of this than I.

Seeing as you want this to be in a specific location and not map-wide, I would suggest starting by creating a new class that is a copy of one of the currently spawnable GM Zones (like the PvP zone) which can have a set width, height, and location on the map, and extending it with your scripted functions.

-Class that runs every N server ticks (N defined by user)

- Grab the DayNightCycle functions and set the current time to a variable

- Check if this variable (the current time) is between certain hours

- If so, spawn the Skeletons / Wraiths (and then set a flag saying we have spawned already so we don't do it again)

- If not, check if there are any Skeletons / Wraiths that should be despawned

- Check for the number of player-caused events you wish to watch for (digging, bashing actions, etc)

- If we find a player doing these things, apply the penalties

As for your question about crypts and tunnels and teleporting. The teleport check could be bundled into the last check of the above ideocode.
As for creating a mine without a tunnel... You could start from much further away and just collapse the tunnel behind you... Otherwise not immediately sure it's possible.

If you can set the cavedata for all the corners to the correct values with the ingame wand, perhaps it can be done, but I wouldn't know how.

Edited by whereami

On 3/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, Xilanthus said:

Additionally, is there a way to make a coffin be a secret entrance down to the underground crypt below the cemetery without having to make an actual tunnel?

I know I can create a mission to teleport the player to a spot in the crypt (once it is dug out) when they interact with the Coffin (i.e., put a gem inside the coffin),
but how do I tunnel out the crypt area without removing the dirt around and screwing up the nice forest around?

I'd say just make the tunnel where you want it, then use the wand to Repair the entrance and respawn trees, grass, etc.

i always say, mods can do pretty much anything in game you can imagine, given enough time and effort.

Does someone have the time to do this for you, maybe, will they put in the effort to do it, lower chance of that.

The way I see it you have 2 real choices to get what you want done, find someone who does make mods who likes your ideas and work together or learn to make mods yourself so you can do it all.

As for entering a place without an entrance, easy as use mission ruler and make a mission on an item, like examine the item and it teleports the player to X,Y coords. Do same for them to leave too, we do that in our dungeons from time to time.