Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

cooker ash production

Lighting up a cooker with equal ql and fuel doesn't give the same result in the end.

Is there anything wrong with the timers?

Not sure what the issue is here Finnn. But I been getting 3 ash per oven/forge/kiln/smelter when I use a shovel on them. I have noted that the three I get seem to be pretty consistent. I always have got three per cleaning, unless I accidently fill my inventory count w/ other objects by accident while still in the process of cleaning the item. In that case, stop cleaning, and don't receive any more ash, since my inventory was made full.

Have you been getting three ash per cleaning?

1 birch kindling, ql70-72 forge/ovens, some produce ash, other don't.

* As reference.. ql60 produces always or used to(I imped some up.. can't / won't make new to test ql60..)

17 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Have you been getting three ash per cleaning?

There's no cleaning option on some of them, some new, some old, freshly burned out, nobody have cleaned them before me, nor "I've forgotten that I have", it happens within 5min or less of them turning unlit = some have clean option, other don't.

Forges burn longer than ovens by default, so a ~50 QL forge will burn for over the 30 min minimum to collect ash, where a 50, or even 70 QL oven probably won't without some extra fuel.

ok.. all are the same type and ql variation is as mentioned 70-72, some produce ash - other don't, there's not forges and ovens, it's just 1 type; there's still the mystery why some do and other don't have the 'clean' option.

server: release

OK. Well, I have 2 ovens and a forge, all above 70 QL  When I fire up that forge w/ a kindling, it will burn long enough, always gives me ash. My 2 ovens, tho, have similar QL, don't burn long enough to produce ash. Not sure if this will help you or not though.

For my ovens, I throw in wood scraps to ensure they burn long enough to give ash.

Finnn - Can you light them all up, note the timestamps, and then when you notice them burn out, also note the timestamps, and report back here? If they burn for over 30 minutes, it should produce ash.

Without additional fuel(just lighting them up), it burns for ~12-15minutes, haven't tracked that recently but from old observations.. it's ~that time.

Seemed like burning several times.. it eventually produces ash.

Seems like it's tied to the 30min = 3x ash generation... but shorter oven timer to burn are annoying for ash production, if that counts for anything..

Problem is probably bound to item type = oven -> staying lit for shorter time.. -> not enough to produce ash...

If that's intended.. problem solved