Sign in to follow this  
Gwyn

Unannounced Auto-Completion of Journal Goal(s)

I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but it's definitely unwelcome:

'Slay Each Rift Creature' has gone from white to green in my Picking up Speed tier, even though I haven't been to any rifts since the journal was brought in.

Problem is, it was one of two goals left to complete and I had been saving it as my last, to ensure I got the tier reward (affinity of choice) on Freedom. In the meantime, I had been working on the other goal, 'Catch a Huge Fish', on Epic. Now, all my effort making gear, skilling up fishing on Epic appears to be wasted as I will have to redo everything on Freedom.

What gives? Are the devs gradually crediting certain past achievements with each update?

Slay each rift creature turned green for me too - but it is not true for all the goals as my priest still does not have the Cast a global spell one (done a cast years ago).

Have you checked it last week? Was it, by any chance, shown as white with 100% completion? Only last week.

4 hours ago, Anarres said:

Was it, by any chance, shown as white with 100% completion?

It was indeed. I assumed the contradiction was a bug, since achievements prior to journal introduction do not count, much to the frustration of many people with 100-faith priests who must now do pointless sermons and redo (if they ever get the chance) global casts. If this was intended as advance notice, it was badly communicated.

If pre-journal achievements are going to be retroactively auto-credited, the devs must either warn us (explicitly) well in advance or allow the journal reward to be granted on cluster of choice or even both clusters. Otherwise, players who spend time on both Freedom and Epic may see their efforts wasted, like I have.

• Like 1

I noticed it last night at the Exo rift. Thank you for saving me from needing to stay up late.