Sign in to follow this  
Daryan_AT

I have seen a new F8 Call guards!

I have recently seen a new function on F 8, call guards!  I liked this very much, as i found the old command only way was inapropiate for a modern game that wants to attract new young players in any way!  So this is a cool change.  Is this really new, when was it added?

I have not looked on every patchnoted in the recent time, so i  might have missed the day.

ANyway, good change!  Can we get a notifications about it in the tutoriel as well? ?

Well this is awkward. 

We haven't introduced a default bind, I think you must have bound it and forgotten 

• Like 2

Mine is bound to the Y key (Y for YELL, M for MINE, P for PULL).  However I keep accidentally hitting it while chatting, and people think I am calling the guards on them. 

F8 key is set by default on my client to FOCUS in combat, but I like the idea of instead binding it to yelling for guards. That way I won't keep accidentally hitting it while chatting. 

Thanks for the Idear!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I have F set to call Guards!

i accidentally hit it all the damn time!

• Like 1

Combine with ctrl or shift then it more unlikely to hit it by accident.

bind ctrl+g "say guards!"

• Like 1

I hate all CTL+Key combos (also shift/alt combos) as I always forget which combo, plus can't find the right keys in the dark, plus I am always in a slight panic anyways when I am trying to hollar for guards.

Hitting ONE correct key while flustered is hard enough; successfully hitting two different keys in the dark (while also running) is tempting fate. 

It's a little adorable anyway to see visitors phreak out when they think I am calling the settlement guards on them in the middle of a little chat. 

Ha Ha Ha! GUARDS!

Especially when I do it two or three times in a single conversation. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Hey, yes it was maybe a wurm video of wurm unlimited - it was shown to be on the F 8 key, just as you see FOCUS on F 8 normaly.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:32 PM, Retrograde said:

Well this is awkward. 

We haven't introduced a default bind, I think you must have bound it and forgotten 

On 3/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

Mine is bound to the Y key (Y for YELL, M for MINE, P for PULL).  However I keep accidentally hitting it while chatting, and people think I am calling the guards on them. 

F8 key is set by default on my client to FOCUS in combat, but I like the idea of instead binding it to yelling for guards. That way I won't keep accidentally hitting it while chatting. 

Thanks for the Idear!

I have seen later that we do not have it in WO.  in WO the default bind for F 8 is still focus up ofc !  (I didn't even know becaue i hardly ever use these keys) We have very good combat window with focus up anyway.

Funny, how so many peeps just be happy with the old ways, fumble around happily in the F 1 console to type their codes to get a binding to get a call guards button. 

Edited by Daryan_AT