Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 21/MAR/19 New HotA and tweaks

You guys think you are being followed by the CIA/KGB as well? Hiding and sneaking in bushes when going to the store so they dont see you?

The paranoia is kinda funny and scary at the same time.

As for the spells, yes it was broken and you could pretty much kill someone with just spells at the start and it was said to get tweeks along the way and people put in feedback for it on the forums and then it was updated. You guys could also put in feedback there so to come now and say that devs are all TC etc because you lost a few fights lately is just lame...even tho you could eat your sandwiches and what not lol...

6 minutes ago, Meep said:

As for the spells, yes it was broken

You see that is your opinion. And you are free to have an opinion. But so are we. And all of WU said that the spells were NOT op, that they were not broken. What makes your opinion more valuable than ours?

Oh, i know, the fact that you have 2 active PVP'rs that are also active developers maybe. 

Edited by Gladiator

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

You see that is your opinion. And you are free to have an opinion. But so are we. And all of WU said that the spells were NOT op, that they were not broken. What makes your opinion more valuable than ours?

Oh, i know, the fact that you have 2 active PVP'rs that are also active developers maybe. 

I would say it is cause the players and devs could see that it was way to powerful in pvp that caused it to change, apart from your group that got a huge benefit from it being as strong as it was most people thought it did to much damage. 

If TC was to get everything through don't you think we would have pushed for say moonmetal armour to block all spells and be more OP since we have tons of it from Hota? 

I can agree that 10 sec is kinda meh to eat a sandwhich, should be break out of comat with nobody hitting you should be enough tho. Personally i never used sandwhiches but seeing how people ate them and never ran out of stam in fights i would say it is a bug and it is good that it is fixed.

1 minute ago, Meep said:

I would say it is cause the players and devs could see that it was way to powerful in pvp that caused it to change, apart from your group that got a huge benefit from it being as strong as it was most people thought it did to much damage. 

We got barely any benefit from it. Nobody has ever got nuked from spells alone. Not before, nor after the nerfs.

And guess what, you had exactly the same exact access to priests and their spells as we did. So what was your excuse?

And there are only 2 active PVP forces out there. There's TC and there's WU. If you only listen to one side what do you think is going to happen? Exactly what's happening now. 

The devs are only listening to the "players and devs" from that one side. That one group.That one half of the PVP community at this point.

I could care less about sandwiches. They could not exist for all i care, i've never used them in PVP. But here's what i care about, i care about my people not getting pissed off and sick and tired of their voices not being heard because of mr Retro, mr Ausimus and mr Darklords all working towards a single goal : only helping one side of the PVP community .

stop derailing my thread I need to ###### about how big chaos is for this new hota. 

• Like 1

Chaos is way too big for the current population. We need a PVP map a quarter of the size.

• Like 1

Cba to read throu all the posts here, but that last one i 100% agree with, makea new smaller map!

And what would make player ,play on a new map? Epic small and dead as for new pop thee is none 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Ausimus, Darklords and even Retro has an account that is TC read above 

He asked actively 

-1 new map, chaos is fine. 

Maybe certain groups are just too used to being conformed to one corner of the map, I don't know why you want your game space limited even smaller tbh. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

Opinions are great. But devs don't care. 

We put videos showing facts on the public test board and Buddha himself watched, there was no opinion it was shown that infact you could nuke, this has been fixed. 

Edited by Mclavin

28 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

-1 new map, chaos is fine. 

Maybe certain groups are just too used to being conformed to one corner of the map, I don't know why you want your game space limited even smaller tbh. 

How is going from one side of the map to the other in 2 hours fine?  Most people can only play for 2 hours at a time, that's really inconvenient you know?

Takes you 2 hours? Dang, why you going the other side of the map for two hours? 

You know you can make your captital to a more Central location, you are where your are from your own doing. I don't know why my space has to be limited when I get to each spot from my starting location within 15 minutes. 

Edited by Mclavin

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

Takes you 2 hours? Dang, why you going the other side of the map for two hours? 

take a trip with 5-6 guys on hellhorses from your capital to the ebonaura ruins. see how long it takes to get there and come back. Then tell me the map's good for a 50 player max pop

We did, it wasn't 2 hours. Lmao. 

And since tc forced groups into corners you can pretend there is no map beyond VV and just live with the play area given, the fact you said tc and wu are the only force has me confused as to why you think you need to go West Side when we all literally outside each other, explain why you can't just pretend and let those who want the extra space to have it? 

Edited by Mclavin

3 hours ago, Samool said:

Maybe that's just what happens when one side knows how to report a bug, and the other just vents in here.

Report non exploitable bugs here:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/28-server-bugs/

Exploitable ones, report via /support ingame.

do you want me to go through the list of exploitable and non exploitable bugs ive reported through the correct channels over the years

or maybe you dont have the time to read through those and should probably just concentrate on releasing one un######ed client update

Im so glad i commented on this topic, so i get notifications for all these relevant and constructive comments! :) 

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nordlys said:

Im so glad i commented on this topic, so i get notifications for all these relevant and constructive comments! :) 

Which one was the relevant one?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happysad said:

If youre out of combat for 10sec your stamina is gonna regen anyway. Whats the point of sandwiches then?  Just fix the bug so you cant queue them in combat. And if the enemy lets you get out of combat and eat a quick sandwich,  whats the problem with that? Just keep people in combat and they wont be able to eat

Smartest post on forum in 2019 tbh

17 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

do you want me to go through the list of exploitable and non exploitable bugs ive reported through the correct channels over the years

or maybe you dont have the time to read through those and should probably just concentrate on releasing one un######ed client update

You're right I don't have the time for silly exploits, too busy breaking the upcoming client update right now.

If you're reporting them correctly then I apologize if it looked like I was saying that to all of you - had mostly Gladiator on my mind, when he reports other more or less related bugs in this exact thread instead of in the proper forum section, accuses everyone of bias (Retrograde does not even actively play pvp), all while breaking multiple forum rules and acting rude.

The 10 seconds cooldown was a solution discussed in the dev channels exactly to the targetting out of range creatures thing, and it was thought to be good enough at the time, taking into account how it affects other things than pvp - I agree it's not ideal as is, definitely not an easy task to find a post discussing a better solution in a civil manner here.

• Like 4

Just for the record. 

I see a lot of accusations thrown at two of our developers who have spent a lot of time bettering the game. 

As much as I do not wish to cater to this Paranoia and accusation hurling they had zero part in this change. They did not report it, they did not partake in the discussion, they did not do the code to change it. 

As for me being in Tc, it'll say that till I come back to chaos, I believe I was booted as I requested, I am not part of any kingdom, I just joined for a bit of pvp experience, I'm undefeated in hota BTW. 

I'll be locking this thread because I see zero point in it remaining open, attacking developers for actively working to improve the game is extremely disappointing, and I don't wish for it to continue.

• Like 9