Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 21/MAR/19 New HotA and tweaks

PatchNotes.png

Fishing Changes:

• Using no float (or using net or spear for fishing) has had it’s difficulty lowered from +20 to +10.
  • Fishing specifics relying on the time of day now work properly.
  • Fixed fishing skillgain ticks capping because of the length of time an action can actually take.

New HotA System added:

• Battle Camp HotA

• This system does not replace the existing HotA, but will run in tandem with it 
    • Battle Camps now spawn every 25 hours at random locations on the map.
    • These camps will not spawn in a village, under water, or on extreme slopes (mountains).
    • Lurker in the dark will now reveal the direction of 1 nearby battlecamp along with it’s normal 1 nearby enemy player (Distance based on cast power/pendulum)
    • New Battle Camps start neutral, and can be conquered by using an action on it which takes 5 minutes. If a camp is claimed by an enemy kingdom, it must first be neutralized, which takes 5 minutes as well.
    • When four Battle Camps are conquered by a single kingdom, a HotA statue reward is created at the most recently conquered Battle Camp. All four camps that were controlled by the kingdom are removed from the map. Any neutral camps, or camps controlled by other kingdoms, remain in play.
    • Battle Camps have a loot option that lets the owning kingdom loot a lump of moon metal every 24 hours from it with a 5 minute timer to claim it.
    • When a new Battle Camp is created, all other active camps on the server will take 10 damage. When a camp reaches 100 damage, it is removed from play.
    • When a Battle Camp is created, it forms a 40×40 zone around it.
      • Players cannot terraform inside the zone unless they conquer it. When conquered, terraforming slopes are limited to 40 steep.
      • Players cannot create or continue fences inside the zone unless they conquer it and only within the first 5 tiles around the camp. When conquered, locked fences in this 5 tile area will not unlock for enemies when an allied player passes through.
      • Players cannot place mine doors in a Battle Camp zone.
      • Players cannot place deeds or extend deeds into the Battle Camp zone.
      • Players cannot construct or expand buildings into a Battle Camp zone.
      • When the zone is removed all fences in the zone will be deleted regardless of it they were made before or after the zone.
  • Bugfix: Various text and grammar issues.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the rarity check while cleaning a furnace to properly reset for each ash.
  • Bugfix: Fixed journal entries that were at 100% but not properly shown as completed.
  • Bugfix: When creating items,  If both pieces can transfer their enchants/runes, only take them from the active item and not the target item.
    • Ex: If you find two scissor blades via archaeology, each with 2 runes/enchants, only the runes/enchants on the active item when creating will be carried over to the completed item.
  • Bugfix: Conditioned unicorn foals should now be born normal sized again.
  • Bugfix: Furnaces should no longer remain lit with no fire/smoke upon server restart.
  • Bugfix: Possible fix for the ‘unknown wall type’ fence parts which cannot be destroyed. (No foxes for Fabricant).
  • Bugfix: You are no longer able to eat something within 10 seconds of being attacked.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue with the 3 day premium redeem code sometimes not calculating correctly.
  • Bugfix: Reworded some mission items which were still too generic.
  • Bugfix: Fixed some issues which improperly ignored strength/weight checks in inventory.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed up the order that a quiver is found for Archery use.
    • Order is now as follows since arrows will not be used from unequipped backpacks:
      • Back Quiver
      • Hip Quiver
      • Inventory Quiver(s)
      • Basic Inventory
    • Or
      • Hip Quiver
      • Inventory Quiver(s)
      • Equipped backpack
      • Basic Inventory

ClientUpdate.png

• Bugfix:  Drakespirits should no longer be invisible.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed the display of masked items in character window.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed the shading of items in the character window.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed placing indicators for some items.

The post Patch Notes: 21/MAR/19 New HotA and tweaks appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 1

Bugfix: Possible fix for the ‘unknown wall type’ fence parts which cannot be destroyed. (No foxes for Fabricant).

:(

Spoiler

[12:00]Fab: Bugfix: Possible fox for the ‘unknown wall type’ fence parts which cannot be destroyed.

[12:00]Fab: foxes confirmed?????

[12:00]ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇ: reload

[12:01]Fab: :(

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Fabricant said:

Possible fox for the ‘unknown wall type’ fence parts which cannot be destroyed

He was in New Zealand too long, his accent has started seeping into his words. Best course would be to put him down and get a new one

• Like 3

Client update will be out about an hour after the servers are up, don't mind the client patchnotes until then.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Samool said:

Client update will be out about an hour after the servers are up, don't mind the client patchnotes until then.

Thanks, that's good to know. People are already reporting forges are still lit, this wasn't only client side I think, but maybe we should give it some time just in case.

Edit: some forges that were unlit before servers restart, are suddenly lit on examine, not only graphically.

Edited by Anarres

Other servers have been up for 30 minutes and Indy is still down?  Is Indy going to come up with the client?

37 minutes ago, Magg said:

Other servers have been up for 30 minutes and Indy is still down?  Is Indy going to come up with the client?

I wouldnt sit and wait on Indy.

Over 1hr now. :) 

Edited by Nordlys

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Players cannot create or continue fences inside the zone unless they conquer it. When conquered, locked fences will not unlock for enemies when an allied player passes through.

Ruined a potentially very interesting update. I can give you about 5-6 scenarios at least of how this change is unbalanced and cancer to counter. Feel free to pm me @Budda@Keenan@DarklordsI won’t post here so it’s not abused. However anyone with half a knowledge of pvp can think of at least one scenario. 

Yeah, you should not be able to build ANYTHING inside the "battle zone", not even if you conquer the battle camp.  Gates can be just as beneficial as mine hops, which are disallowed.

Also, what's the point of a new hota system if the old one is remaining in place?  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Also, what's the point of a new hota system if the old one is remaining in place?  

Yeah this is good question...

So are you not going to remove the current HoTA?

The old hota will be removed eventually if the new system goes over well, once the old hota zone is removed there is absolutely no going back from that as players can build and deed on the old hotas once the zone is removed.

There is only a 5x5 area around the camp where fences can be built and stay locked the rest of the zone will block building and existing fences will open as normal, I think I copied a set of older patch notes where it was not listed sorry.  This was intended to give some sort of safety net to defend a camp, if it becomes an issue it can always be tweaked but we are going to wait and see how it plays out first before just doing a knee jerk change before anyone even uses it or fights over a camp.

I get.. that fixing things is cool, but... there's some loss around this...

IqK4SruYQlK2gGykOHV69g.png

I lost the rewards for doing these two goals as I'm capped on SB and after latest patch... I now have them completed..(have a bug report for them..)

Is there some plan for compensation to people who have this issue?

18 minutes ago, Darklords said:

The old hota will be removed eventually if the new system goes over well, once the old hota zone is removed there is absolutely no going back from that as players can build and deed on the old hotas once the zone is removed.

Okay, so if the alteration of the hota zone is the concern, why not simply disable the completion of HoTA and leave the terrain protection in place?

18 minutes ago, Darklords said:

This was intended to give some sort of safety net to defend a camp

Explain why open field PvP necessitates a safety net?  Explain the need for being able to build fences to defend a battlecamp as opposed to defending a HoTA pillar?  

It takes 10 seconds to build a wooden fence, and about 10 minutes to bash it down.... unless your bashing actions are constantly and purposefully interrupted by an enemy attacker that retreats into a gate that we cannot pass every few seconds.  (Oh and by the way, you can't archer through them either).  So might as well let the enemy drop a deed and longhouses around it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: You are no longer able to eat something within 10 seconds of being attacked.

On a PvE standpoint this could screw people that like to explore/mountain climb(myself included). Would be pretty bad when climbing a steep area, while relying on sandwiches for stamina, and getting attacked by a troll.

Dont want to open the can of wurms for the pvp aspect.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Darklords said:

There is only a 5x5 area around the camp where fences can be built and stay locked the rest of the zone will block building and existing fences will open as normal, I think I copied a set of older patch notes where it was not listed sorry.  This was intended to give some sort of safety net to defend a camp, if it becomes an issue it can always be tweaked but we are going to wait and see how it plays out first before just doing a knee jerk change before anyone even uses it or fights over a camp.

If the old HoTA is removed, will there be a new map for Elevation or is there no way that is happening? It's currently got a massive island mostly dedicated to the HoTA, and the map is too big either way with the current playerbase.

So why is it that when TC complains about something it gets changed without anyone else's opinion but when we complain about something it never gets changed?

On 3/21/2019 at 10:45 AM, Wargasm said:

Okay, so if the alteration of the hota zone is the concern, why not simply disable the completion of HoTA and leave the terrain protection in place?

Explain why open field PvP necessitates a safety net?  Explain the need for being able to build fences to defend a battlecamp as opposed to defending a HoTA pillar?  

It takes 10 seconds to build a wooden fence, and about 10 minutes to bash it down.... unless your bashing actions are constantly and purposefully interrupted by an enemy attacker that retreats into a gate that we cannot pass every few seconds.  (Oh and by the way, you can't archer through them either).  So might as well let the enemy drop a deed and longhouses around it!

On 3/21/2019 at 10:55 AM, oOspeedstylerOo said:

soo why not pause the hota for now? like why do we need 2 hotas simultaneously

The decision was made to leave the original running, disabling its mechanics was on the table and discussed but in the end the decision was made to leave both running for the time being we will re-evaluate after the first week or so.  The camps are not intended for you to run up and cap them instantly and run to the next, I recommend you bring some raid supply's if your intending to capture a defended enemy fortification.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:49 AM, Polojordan said:

On a PvE standpoint this could screw people that like to explore/mountain climb(myself included). Would be pretty bad when climbing a steep area, while relying on sandwiches for stamina, and getting attacked by a troll.

Dont want to open the can of wurms for the pvp aspect.

If a troll is on you, kill it wait 10 seconds and continue, where you planning on going up the entire mountain with the troll attacking you? There is also refresh runes and spells I don't think this will cause much issue that cannot be worked around pretty easily.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:51 AM, Quicktor said:

TC catered updates

whats new?

The original design and most of the work was done by Sindusk, I just fixed some minor issues/concerns by people in the test thread so not sure where this comes into play.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:54 AM, John said:

If the old HoTA is removed, will there be a new map for Elevation or is there no way that is happening? It's currently got a massive island mostly dedicated to the HoTA, and the map is too big either way with the current playerbase.

There is no plans for a map reset along with this hota rework sorry.

On 3/21/2019 at 11:14 AM, Gladiator said:

So why is it that when TC complains about something it gets changed without anyone else's opinion but when we complain about something it never gets changed?

Well people where eating them mid combat while people where attacking them basically giving them infinite stamina in the middle of a fight, I am not sure how anyone would figure that would go unfixed once it was in the open and reported that's pretty game breaking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Well people where eating them mid combat while people where attacking them basically giving them infinite stamina in the middle of a fight, I am not sure how anyone would figure that would go unfixed once it was in the open and reported that's pretty game breaking.

you couldnt eat in combat

whats next? disable stam regen for 10 seconds after combat?

Just now, platinumteef said:

you couldnt eat in combat

It was tested and confirmed you most certainly could, even if you personally where not using it to eat while in combat it was pretty easy to do once you knew the trick.

3 minutes ago, Darklords said:

It was tested and confirmed you most certainly could, even if you personally where not using it to eat while in combat it was pretty easy to do once you knew the trick.

Then fix the bug, don't add a 10 secunds timer. That's applying a band-aid to a real problem, but in this case, the band-aid's as big as a house.

• Like 2