Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Were the sails on boats lowered?

I remember a while ago where the sails of boats were raised because it was asinine when sailing. You couldn't see straight forward because most sails were on the way.

Has there been a change and this has come back? Or is it my imagination? I am having problems seeing forward when sailing because the sail is in the way.

Maybe you have that bug where you're standing while driving the boat.  That was a thing a couple months back.  So was flying boats.

As long as I've been playing this game, I've always had the sail of a sailboat partially blocking my view. So if it's  that, it's "normal".

I do wonder about which boats / ships you're talking about, as for the ships (Knarr and larger), I've never had that problem.

Thorin :)

3 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

As long as I've been playing this game, I've always had the sail of a sailboat partially blocking my view. So if it's  that, it's "normal".

I do wonder about which boats / ships you're talking about, as for the ships (Knarr and larger), I've never had that problem.

Thorin :)

Biggest issue for me has been the Sailboat and the Caravel. Its pretty bad with those two.

should be able to furl sails and raise them, boats shouldn't have sails when sitting at your dock. it's really really hard on my immersion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niki said:

should be able to furl sails and raise them, boats shouldn't have sails when sitting at your dock. it's really really hard on my immersion

Your immersion? Its really hard on my visibility! I can't see where I'm going!

• Like 1

I feel compelled to inform you that sails must be raised in order to take advantage of the speed that they provide. If you are wondering why you are getting nowhere fast, it would be best to *not* lower them as your post title suggests. Although then you may not be seeing where you are going, you can be assured that with this method you will eventually get there. Always the helpful one, I remain vigilant to assist the less experienced players in these complexities of Wurm life.

=Ayes=

• Like 1