Sign in to follow this  
happysad

Is it legal?

not really any different from abusing the curve on epic to finish personal goals, no?

Issue with epic is that grinding smth to 50 is fast , but past that the curve starts working against you. At 60 prayer skill the ticks you'd get are actually smaller than freedom ticks due to the curve treating your skill as if it was at 80. So no, grinding it in epic is not feasible vs freedom. (long time epic grinder here, and hate the new epic skill system which drastically reduced skillgains for many skills, why a lot of players didn't notice that? )

Since the update, I've ground many skills to 90+ on Epic. It's straightforward; you just need to stick to low difficulty actions (you can't skill like you did before, or like on Freedom).

My first priest is nearly 70 prayer, without even focusing on it. Prayer looks easy to get to 70.

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 1

They should introduce a command that uses all your queues on an action as an addition to already existing one button one action. for example if you have 40 mind logic you should be able to do 5 praying actions queued up with a single button press in the game.

Crafting already lets us do it, so why not do it with other things?

8 hours ago, elentari said:

Issue with epic is that grinding smth to 50 is fast , but past that the curve starts working against you. At 60 prayer skill the ticks you'd get are actually smaller than freedom ticks due to the curve treating your skill as if it was at 80. So no, grinding it in epic is not feasible vs freedom. (long time epic grinder here, and hate the new epic skill system which drastically reduced skillgains for many skills, why a lot of players didn't notice that? )

True for the ticks sizes. But you get skill for every action so it is still faster to grind praying to 70 on Epic. I'm already finished from 0. 

Epic curve is easily countered by the higher tick rate - and actually you get your skill while playing and not grinding even at high levels. Like real nice mining skill above 90 digging tunnels.

• Like 3

But have you noticed how body stat gains are actually overall lower than before? And not more frequent either. I believe Gary also tested it on some of his alts if I am not mistaken.

27 minutes ago, elentari said:

But have you noticed how body stat gains are actually overall lower than before? And not more frequent either. I believe Gary also tested it on some of his alts if I am not mistaken.

I'm already at 77+ body, with body stats to match, so stat gains seem good to me. While I don't have an earlier frame of reference to compare to, I do know stat gain was increased at some point after the big update.

Again, though, you need to be doing low difficulty actions; that's critical for stat gain.

I can confirm prayer is much easier in Epic. Its much faster and you get a tic every action which is the killer on freedom. I got maybe 5-6 tics in an hour of praying on Freedom.

We're back to the "use epic for personal goals" meme again I guess.

On 3/23/2019 at 11:39 AM, elentari said:

Having a skill like prayer that basically forces you into a mind-numbing action to grind it and also actively punishing you for attempting to bot it/macro is insane.  Do you reasonably expect people to stay glued to their screens for 4-6 months a few hours a day to press one key repeatedly? That's the most insane game design ever.  And I wouldn't be surprised if a few people lost their minds if they attempted it.

Either lower the difficulty of prayer to something decent like 50 skill needed for the goal, or do something like increase prayer timers to 2 minutes each, and Give Higher Skill ticks for them based on that timer. If we have to AFK it , let's afk it like fishing used to be, with longer windows between requeueing actions.

For those who remembered the old fishing system, the motherlode of all AFK skills in the game, I used to queue up 7 fishing actions (60 Mind logic) and just do chores around the house. It was a nice thing from time to time. But it was never rewarding. Fishing and praying is not rewarding. I can live without fish in the game. You cannot reasonably put an artificial insane barrier to something without offering an equal reward for surpassing that obstacle. Either people will find creative ways to macro, or dump the entire venture altogether.

Either rework prayer, lower the difficulty gain or make it so it has some feasible rewards for the trouble.

PS: I don't see titles as a reward in themselves since they don't give any sensible bonuses like other games.

I know I must not be saying that, but I totally agree with you. Here's a lesson though: Life's not always fair nor tailored to our needs. What's right for some might be wrong for others. At the end of the day though there's no absolute law and rightfulness. Sometimes all it takes is some risk to get some reward. It's all in the probabilities. (Wink wink)