Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Immersion factor improvements

I feel like this game could use some enhancements, here is what I had in mind but please suggest if you think more could be added.

Make grass grow with significant growth changes, have leaves fall off trees in the fall that you can interact with, gather. Same thing with snow, make it cluster and get thicker.  Foot prints, and stuff would be neat. When trees turn 'shriveled' have them actually fall down and leave debris like branches and tree trunks.

Should start with things the engine allows. The new water system is an example of the potential.

Not exactly asking for massive graphical changes but more immersion would be a nice thing. 

M8 , they're unable to change simple textures without ruining the experience for everyone. Look at how unstable the FPS is right now. Your ideas, if they were a thing, i suppose you'd need the NASA space shuttle computer to run the game

• Like 1

First of all I want see that bloody duck instead of just hearing it.

• Like 1

Is it just me or did the old grass look better? (probably just me)

http://mound1.png

Haha damm those old wooden structures

Edited by Nocturnes

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

M8 , they're unable to change simple textures without ruining the experience for everyone. Look at how unstable the FPS is right now. Your ideas, if they were a thing, i suppose you'd need the NASA space shuttle computer to run the game

Maybe actually report the issues if you want to see them fixed? Last update was not a single texture change, it was a ton of back-end changes to allow for exactly the kind of stuff Niki mentions here.

We definitely want some of those smaller graphical features in, but right now the focus is on the bigger improvements - first off tree rendering improvements (for some of that more-distant tree goodness).

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Samool said:

First off tree rendering improvements (for some of that more-distant tree goodness).

Will that improve nearby tree performance too? I'd love to use normal renderer in thick forest area too on my dated graphics card. 

48 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Will that improve nearby tree performance too? I'd love to use normal renderer in thick forest area too on my dated graphics card. 

Not likely, since I still got no idea on why trees are being a performance hit for you on the modern renderer, when none of the machines I could test it with have had that issue.

You seem to not have noticed my last message in our PM convo about debugging it though!

Oops indeed I missed your last message, my apologies. I have a bit of update on that too now :D