Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Making Wurm Feel More Alive

On 4/27/2019 at 1:18 PM, Berms said:

People will google and see that its overpriced

Nope. Wurm is very much on the cheaper end of the scale right now. If you buy two months premium at €16 (roughly £14), that puts it at €8 (£7) per month. Compare that to (in the spoiler) :

Spoiler

plDZiz1.png

EvE Online:

yDU4XJA.png

It's safe to say, Wurm is not overpriced.

looks lik something out of 2000 era (eventhough the gameplay is great)  and will simply not even try downloading the client....

Agreed. However, the devs are definitely pushing the graphical quality higher as of late. When I took a break a year ago, the water, lighting and shadows did not look as nice as they do now. Performance is also better. There is still room for improvement of course, but render/graphics programming is one of the hardest parts of a game, so it's unrealistic to expect that to change overnight.

I think most of Wurmians are being too optimistic and dont realise that Wurm could be dead sooner than you expected.

In the end it will be a pathetic sight of  a couple die-hard oldskool Wurmians trying to keep the game afloat.

Without advertising, yes, it will die. The issue for a long time has been the lack of advertising. As you've already mentioned, the graphics are a likely obstacle for many potential players, so with the development work that has gone into Wurm over the last 12 months, it may also be better to wait until after the majority of the graphics/performance upgrades are finished before advertising.

I truly hope that they have plans in place to advertise, because the game sorely needs it. The couple of times I recall any kind of advertising (Xanadu land rush being one of those), it only ever had a positive effect on player count.

Edited by syncaidius

On 4/29/2019 at 11:22 AM, PWreset said:

Maybe also generations changed too much. during study I had a lot of time. Now with family and kids I don't. WO feels very unrewarding because it's time just flies by and the less you are active the more you kinda lose. WU helps to cater to those people because they can decide how fast Wurmtime passes. The ingame duties for a deep experience is pretty much "No Lifing" in Wurm, and always was. Bu living a pretty casual gamer Life in Wurm is pretty soon boring. So it loses it's appeal to play it and even pay for it as well.

I think it's fine by the price, given you have time to play it.

But the new gamer generation is more fortnite action and Mobile App gamers.

I wonder what would happen if we could have Wurm as some sort of mobile app. But the GUI to make it work for the inventory would be a pretty strange thing. Yet even Ark managed to be an App. The graphics would be nice enough for a mobile game and it could keep hordes of the kids entertained :P.

But atm, WU is basically the only Wurm I can timewise even afford. So WU saved my Wurmian Life instead of killing it entirely.

that nots the market that wurm point...

Wurm isn't overpriced when you look at the core "joining", one prem and a tiny deed.  Now add in the cost of alts for whatever 50 reasons the game gives, add in the cost of a REAL deed because a tiny deed will not get a lasting player far, they need space for their animals to not get diseased, space for materials, space for houses, farms, whatever.  Add in "muh market" driven costs of items they "need" that they can't make themselves without playing multiple accounts for a year straight first.  Consider that the choices are to pay via shop for coins, or treat the game like a job to earn money.  Seriously do people that go 'just earn coins ingame' not realize there's a difference between playing a game to pay for it and playing a game to enjoy it?  New players aren't going to be making 90ql supreme items to rake in cash, they're going to be stuck doing repetitive manual labor and who on earth sees this as fun and wants to pay a subscription to do it? 

At the basics an 8e and a silver a month upkeep is cheap, you can either forage quickly once a month to get the silver or pay 10e for 1m/1s prem option.

Add just one priest alt and around 10s a month cost for upkeep/other expenses all paid for via shop, 8e now becomes 32e.

Not everyone fresh to a game wants to pay that much a month for one game, when 32e/35usd a month can buy you lots of other games.  Not everyone wants to spend their time ingame working to pay for it either.  Master accounts with prem that applies to more than one account and less of a curve in upkeep pricing can help keep the added up costs "cheap"

• Like 6

I have to agree with Gary on that one.  And if you have to stop playing a few months, unlike most other mmo's... most... you do risk losing everything you've built if you don't keep paying while inactive (and once again, 1s a month deeds don't get you that far, that's at least $5 a month for any decent amt of land to get far in the game... room for mines etc.... ).

One huge edge that Unlimited servers have.  On the larger ones at least, if you gotta go inactive a while, you can PM staff to keep your stuff alive or login every certain period of time to reset the timer.  

3 hours ago, tamat said:

that nots the market that wurm point...

I know it isn't, but the market changes and this has impact on wurm.

Having exactly the same experience as the OP a month or so ago made me decide it wasn't worth putting the effort in to Wurm Online. Everything was deserted and I had pretty big doubts about its future. In itself that wouldn't bother me so much and I'd play, but the game requires so much effort and time it really did just feel like a waste of my life when the fruits of that labour could be lost a year or so down the line.

Instead I moved back to one of the popular WU servers and, sadly, haven't looked back.

When you look at the logins and pop-size graphs for the various servers there seems a largely stable player-base, but it's split across so many maps it has a crazy low population to land ratio.

So, probably not the most popular opinion, but I think the game needs consolidating.

• Announce a new Indi-sized map
  • Announce that ALL other maps will be closing x months later (to give everyone the same chances)
  • Let the land rush begin

Yes, burning down every players deed they've worked so hard on will cause people to ######, kick, scream, threaten to leave, and probably even leave. But they'll keep their characters, and if they love the game enough they'll come back. 

It's like moorland fields of heather. To encourage new growth you have to burn it all down.

Daeron

4 hours ago, dlinacre said:

Having exactly the same experience as the OP a month or so ago made me decide it wasn't worth putting the effort in to Wurm Online. Everything was deserted and I had pretty big doubts about its future. In itself that wouldn't bother me so much and I'd play, but the game requires so much effort and time it really did just feel like a waste of my life when the fruits of that labour could be lost a year or so down the line.

Instead I moved back to one of the popular WU servers and, sadly, haven't looked back.

When you look at the logins and pop-size graphs for the various servers there seems a largely stable player-base, but it's split across so many maps it has a crazy low population to land ratio.

So, probably not the most popular opinion, but I think the game needs consolidating.

• Announce a new Indi-sized map
  • Announce that ALL other maps will be closing x months later (to give everyone the same chances)
  • Let the land rush begin

Yes, burning down every players deed they've worked so hard on will cause people to ######, kick, scream, threaten to leave, and probably even leave. But they'll keep their characters, and if they love the game enough they'll come back. 

It's like moorland fields of heather. To encourage new growth you have to burn it all down.

Daeron

thats the 101 of killing the game.

• Like 1

That makes some sense.... but not for wurm... it's not like any other mmos where you can move a bank and not give a **** what/where you'll pick it off... and start over as it will be all the same.. with even new environment to explore and play with...

In wurm.... you have people who value their char or deeds, most are the 2nd kind... or a mix.. but.. main problem is.... some of the deeds are quite big.. and have taken a lot of terraforming.. done over long periods of time... done by one to.. 10/+ characters...

It's kind of.. insane to think about asking such person to .. move to a new place, pretty please youtube it if it's done.. you could make million from the reaction.

Don't think new server/land will fix anything.. what else drives wurmians.. what else could bring WU kids to WO again?

Tough one ?

See comments above regarding kicking, screaming etc / not popular opinion.

I guess I value my characters more than my deed.

But ask yourself this:

1) How many server resets were there in the golden days? Probably not quite the same scale back then as it is now... or is it? TBH I don't really know the numbers of people who played in the "golden days" vs now. The game didn't die.

2) How many people have moved to WU? None of them took take their characters or deeds with them - they all started new. My proposition at least lets you keep your characters and skills.

3) How many people currently on hiatus but have their deeds paid will resub cos they need to get the prime choices of land for the new deed on the new map?

4) How many people who currently still regularly play such a niche game unlike any other will truly rage quit and never return? Cos that's what we're on about here. Never returning. 

I do think it's a gamble. It might drive everyone into the arms of WU. I don't think it would me though. WU is great and all, but it just doesn't have the same sense of ... home? I don't know. It's hard to put my finger on it.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:30 PM, dlinacre said:

Players can "consolidate" any time they choose to. The fact that they spread out over numerous servers should make it clear that they don't want to group up. Your solution then is to remove this choice from them, force them to abandon the server they enjoy, players there they enjoy, deeds built over many years because you think they should be closer to eachother on one server. Then they can choose to continue to play the game or quit.

I don't see any positive effect to the game here since all these people that have not moved to one server already obviously don't want to. The fact that there all these server options to live on and travel to are an important draw to attract players to the game. People who come up with these destroy server ideas are very narrow minded to suggest that everyone should be forced into a group setting just because this is how they would prefer to play the game. As long as the game exists this will never happen because those in charge of it will never make a decision to eliminate much of their playerbase needlessly. The whole idea is self defeating if the intent is to provide a variety of choices to attract the broadest range of players.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

I have always thought  Xana is not a new players server,way to vast in a game like Wurm , I nearly quit back in 2013 as a noob on release until i ran into a town ran by strangers who become my helpers and  then over time my friends,Fairyshine also was a big factor in my early days,i am not saying there are no nice people on Xana i am saying for a noob and Xana   being so vast, my opinion is many noobies have played this game ,gone to the biggest server,been killed or chased or trying to build a hut and without and help because no one is even in local the nearest person could be an hours walk away and to me that's got to stop new player numbers.

Edited by Toecutter

13 hours ago, Toecutter said:

I have always thought  Xana is not a new players server,way to vast in a game like Wurm , I nearly quit back in 2013 as a noob on release until i ran into a town ran by strangers who become my helpers and  then over time my friends,Fairyshine also was a big factor in my early days,i am not saying there are no nice people on Xana i am saying for a noob and Xana   being so vast, my opinion is many noobies have played this game ,gone to the biggest server,been killed or chased or trying to build a hut and without and help because no one is even in local the nearest person could be an hours walk away and to me that's got to stop new player numbers.

This can cut both ways. My first attempt at Wurm failed at the lack of space to settle on our own, we had to walk hours on end to get out of "civilization" at all and just resigned over this since everything was taken. On Xanadu, our scouting troop walked for 45 minutes but eventually found a costal spot that is now Windspears. (Too bad none of the original group stayed in the game.)

You do make a good point though, I think the lesson here is that Xanadu is great for those who want to settle somewhere on their own, but potentially detrimental to those just looking to join a village. I think this could be resolved by -somehow, I have no concrete idea for this- communicating better the vastness of Xanadu and the danger of just setting out on your own. It's really not the server where you should just wander aimlessly into one particular direction if you're not prepared to die often on the route, and if you want to join a village, chat with people first.

Using your village teleport or being summoned if available can save you a lot of hassle but newbies don't know about this, unfortunately. Even for people who want to settle on teir own, there's lots of space around me and I wouldn't mind some not-too-imemdiate neighbors so I'd be game to summon settlers into the area where the next available spot might be 10-20 minutes away instead of 40-60 minutes going over a much more perilious path.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:51 PM, MrGARY said:

Wurm isn't overpriced when you look at the core "joining", one prem and a tiny deed.  Now add in the cost of alts for whatever 50 reasons the game gives, add in the cost of a REAL deed because a tiny deed will not get a lasting player far, they need space for their animals to not get diseased, space for materials, space for houses, farms, whatever.  Add in "muh market" driven costs of items they "need" that they can't make themselves without playing multiple accounts for a year straight first.  Consider that the choices are to pay via shop for coins, or treat the game like a job to earn money.  Seriously do people that go 'just earn coins ingame' not realize there's a difference between playing a game to pay for it and playing a game to enjoy it?  New players aren't going to be making 90ql supreme items to rake in cash, they're going to be stuck doing repetitive manual labor and who on earth sees this as fun and wants to pay a subscription to do it? 

At the basics an 8e and a silver a month upkeep is cheap, you can either forage quickly once a month to get the silver or pay 10e for 1m/1s prem option.

Add just one priest alt and around 10s a month cost for upkeep/other expenses all paid for via shop, 8e now becomes 32e.

Not everyone fresh to a game wants to pay that much a month for one game, when 32e/35usd a month can buy you lots of other games.  Not everyone wants to spend their time ingame working to pay for it either.  Master accounts with prem that applies to more than one account and less of a curve in upkeep pricing can help keep the added up costs "cheap"

Much of this is not really a 'need' but a 'want'. Not everyone wants to skip ahead and have all the tools on a plate and more than one account right from the start, if ever. You also don't have to start your own deed or have coins in your pocket from day one. There are plenty of other alternatives. With the number of game mechanics Wurm has these days, there is plenty to do without having to think about coins at all. A deed helps, sure, but you don't have to own one to play and enjoy the game.

As for rares, those are not limited just to veteran players. Newbies can just as well create a rare/supreme/fantastic and sell it as the rest of us. The game isn't solely about coins, 90ql tools supreme items and raking in cash. Though, some people like to treat Wurm as a personal cash cow, but that's for another topic.

Many other MMOs let you skip all of this for an extra cost as well, as you're saying is a requirement in Wurm. Take Eve, if you don't want to spent hours grinding for ISK to buy all the skillbooks/ships you need to get off the ground, or to buy high end stuff, you buy Plex to give yourself a cash boost. In World of Wacraft, there is character boosts. Neither are on the cheap side. Wurm is definitely on the cheaper end, even if you want to skip the grind. There are more popular MMOs out there with far worse grinds and far higher costs to skip it (Archeage being one of those).

On 4/30/2019 at 6:51 PM, Mordraug said:

Unlike most other mmo's... most... you do risk losing everything you've built if you don't keep paying while inactive (and once again, 1s a month deeds don't get you that far, that's at least $5 a month for any decent amt of land to get far in the game... room for mines etc.... ).

One huge edge that Unlimited servers have.  On the larger ones at least, if you gotta go inactive a while, you can PM staff to keep your stuff alive or login every certain period of time to reset the timer.  

Very valid point. It's definitely something that is hard to put a value on. There are oldies happily living on 1s/month deeds just fine, but there are others with massive deeds. But, I believe most MMOs have their own unique costs. For Wurm, it's decay. For Eve, it's PvP/alliances. For Warcraft... well you're all good until the next expansion messes it all up for you. For Archeage..... I need not say more. There are plenty of MMOs out there.

Edited by syncaidius
  • Like 3

Syncaidius already said most of what I want to say, but alts, huge deeds, etc, are not things you need, at least not to start with.  I've been playing for a long time, and aside from some PvP-specific deeds, I don't think I've ever spent more than around 3s a month for a deed that does everything I could want (including space for several of us to live on it).

And the argument about having to keep paying if you want to take a break isn't really accurate either.   Unless you're maintaining a really huge deed (in which case, that's something you want, not something you need), at worst, you need to throw a few extra silver in to keep everything perfectly untouched.  Or, you have the option of loading your valuables onto your char and just sitting out as long as you like.  Why would you think you should be able to maintain a presence in the world for free, even if you choose not to use it?

Issue is not price or skill grind , yes a little on the skill grind .

But friend asked me last night what I been playing , told him Wurm .

Hes reply was the game is boring , there is no content of any real substance .

Yes rifts  helped some but that's all there's been .

Adding more skills is not substance , creature raiding area's  , monster towns/camps .

Treasure hunting using same setup as archeology  , like they say house has good bones just needs meat .

This game needs to relax on the pixel crack and add content .

I have a years premium and plan to do so again come Sept . because I like the game , but having more people would make it much more fun .

• Like 1

I love WURM I really do, but I feel like they have been just trying to add shelf life to a  game that is totally past its prime.

Maybe coming out with WURMs 2  or something would help revitalize the community and stop people from going to Life is Feudal instead.

The biggest issue is also the biggest advantage: having a constant impact on the world. And if you stop playing wurm you have to kinda still pay for it to keep it. and stuff decaying is another problem because it just kidna forces you to play or you will lose stuff, slowly but steadily.

WU is quite attractive because everyone can switch that off, and if I do not play WU for a year because I am busy wth other games I simply lose nothing, neither Real money nor ingame assets. But for an online game MMO sytle running server costs next to devlopment needs constantmoney income. We also cannot have endless incoming servers so stuff needs to decay in the end somehow to make room for new players.

8 hours ago, syncaidius said:

Much of this is not really a 'need' but a 'want'. Not everyone wants to skip ahead and have all the tools on a plate and more than one account right from the start, if ever. You also don't have to start your own deed or have coins in your pocket from day one. There are plenty of other alternatives. With the number of game mechanics Wurm has these days, there is plenty to do without having to think about coins at all. A deed helps, sure, but you don't have to own one to play and enjoy the game.

The game quite literally penalizes you via mechanic for most things.  It's not about skipping ahead, it's about the best tools you can make after a week of scrambling around as a noob with no idea how to properly grind or do things being slow as hell because their tools are 10-30ql and our "junk" 70+ql tools make a massive difference in timers and whatnot.  Now they have to either spend in their eyes forever and a half grinding multiple skills just to get good tools, or pay money for them because while we can debate needs and wants, using garbage tools gives you a garbage experience and that's not what sells premium.  That's not all, now introduce them to the enchants they need to grind their skills without wasting their time, that definitely needs an alt if they don't want to pay for tools/enchants for everything they need.  Deeds are pretty much required because a new player isn't going to know all whats up about securing items properly, and they may get their stuff stolen or stomped on by someone that doesn't like the way they looked at their lemon tree which doesn't quite keep people playing.  Yes they can join an existing deed, but not everyone wants to and not every group deed affords the needed room to fully experience the game.  If someone wants to farm, the game forces you to need a bigger farm because until you get skill, yields are awful and no matter how much you do get, it takes real life days.  You need to deed your farm otherwise the game allows someone else to decide if they want to bust down a wall and stomp on your farm.  They get to ride horses, the game requires them to get horses with the best traits if they don't want traveling everywhere to go at the pace of snail, but wait, the game seriously enforces a huge breeding herd because of all the breeding penalties that were added to lol combat huge breeding herds.  Of course, these horses gotta be deeded, no not because joe the grump decided stomping on your farm wasn't enough, rather because the game penalizes your horses for being off deed. 

Yes newer players don't need all of this, if we're perfectly ok with making sure newer players don't get to experience the game properly until they start dropping cash into the game, or play for months and months to no longer be a newer player, if they make it that far.

• Like 3

2019 gary still making 10/10 posts with the most solid points

2019 code club will never listen

why do we try

• Like 1

1 hour ago, platinumteef said:

2019 gary still making 10/10 posts with the most solid points

2019 code club will never listen

why do we try

yuh know over the years this has been the pattern, and esp lately mfw there's not a word outta place that he posts i can say nope to.  This goes without saying i've made a poor sheep to anyone, and Gary and I have not been best friends since that time at juvi regarding the alarm, the mashed potatoes, the missing hot pot/plate and rumor he was the one that looted my commissary snacks.

I'm in a quandary about this being the nature of things.

I still think a row boat left at starter towns for new players is a real addictive idea

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, MrGARY said:

The game quite literally penalizes you via mechanic for most things.  It's not about skipping ahead, it's about the best tools you can make after a week of scrambling around as a noob with no idea how to properly grind or do things being slow as hell because their tools are 10-30ql and our "junk" 70+ql tools make a massive difference in timers and whatnot.  Now they have to either spend in their eyes forever and a half grinding multiple skills just to get good tools, or pay money for them because while we can debate needs and wants, using garbage tools gives you a garbage experience and that's not what sells premium.  That's not all, now introduce them to the enchants they need to grind their skills without wasting their time, that definitely needs an alt if they don't want to pay for tools/enchants for everything they need.  Deeds are pretty much required because a new player isn't going to know all whats up about securing items properly, and they may get their stuff stolen or stomped on by someone that doesn't like the way they looked at their lemon tree which doesn't quite keep people playing.  Yes they can join an existing deed, but not everyone wants to and not every group deed affords the needed room to fully experience the game.  If someone wants to farm, the game forces you to need a bigger farm because until you get skill, yields are awful and no matter how much you do get, it takes real life days.  You need to deed your farm otherwise the game allows someone else to decide if they want to bust down a wall and stomp on your farm.  They get to ride horses, the game requires them to get horses with the best traits if they don't want traveling everywhere to go at the pace of snail, but wait, the game seriously enforces a huge breeding herd because of all the breeding penalties that were added to lol combat huge breeding herds.  Of course, these horses gotta be deeded, no not because joe the grump decided stomping on your farm wasn't enough, rather because the game penalizes your horses for being off deed. 

Yes newer players don't need all of this, if we're perfectly ok with making sure newer players don't get to experience the game properly until they start dropping cash into the game, or play for months and months to no longer be a newer player, if they make it that far.

I can just recommend many people Regulary starting completely new (even if it's just WU) to get in touch with the new player Experience. And even then it isn't a true new Player experience because we have knowledge those people do not.

In my latest play Wu on a 1x 1x server it shows pretty much a lot things. First starter gear: the rope is not player bound so if you die its gone. But it is basically a pretty needed thing to get some animals together. Yet in reverse starter gear seems to be too good. full ql30 leather, ql 50 Longsword. This is pretty bad in terms of "progression" because comparing armor shows pretty quickly that making own armer not matter what type and being better is a Big grind to get. If you wanna use cloth and be more effective you need to grind way past that quality, and even then farming will be your grinding bottleneck to get the cotton for this. Sadly, for some very unknown reason wool cloth was put behind a fine carpentry 30 wall. While sheep would be a much better starter source for cloth. And historically wool was made to yarn with spindles too. So no idea why it was put behind that artificial skill wall of requiring a spinning wheel.

So cloth armor is not an option for a long time.

And metal? metal armor is also quite a good bunch of time not within reach. because they are heavily limited on Ore quality, which requires grinding mining, In the end ore is the bottleneck unless you have a lot luck making your improvement rolls asking for non ore improvement for a good bunch of series.

I currently have 18mining yet chain armor smithing blacksmithing are past 20. So the only way to get past that level is grinding mining rocks before going to mine more ore, or just grind mining skill on an ore vein. At that point it is more likely to make just 20 of whatever tools or armor I want and hope for enough "luck rolls" past the ore QL I can obtain.

But the amount of time spent focusing on a single action required to get gear past the starter armor or weapon is big. And I doubt many people will enjoy that.

So while the new starter gear DOES help newbies it also kinda takes away progression, because all the chains tuff I did currently hardly has any use. Some of the "past ore ql luck rolls" Were made to 28 and 25 ql. They could here, compete with the starter gear. But most are at around 20ql die to the ore restrictions.

And for me, grinding for the sake of grind is something I do hate. I could go mining all day, because mining never feels useless. I can discover new veins, and even all the crappy 1ql bricks that appear have perfectly fine use in paving on roads. But creating tons of useless items (where their only use is imping to grind skill), this feels like wasting loads of resources just for the sake of grinding and creating dead assets. And this kinda is not fun. it gets even worse if you consider dedicated rare grinding as all the excess "fails" are pretty much throw away results.

I would somehow prefer a system that does not have the "past basic resource luck rolls" As they encourage spamming items in early stages just to get some items with 10 till 15 ql past your resource supply based on the luck of not requiring this resource to improve.

would also like to see armor and weapons altering from being less linear in their efficiency into having a much higher basic effect (like 50%) for just existing and then the remaining 100ql are affecting the other 50% performance.  This would at least shrink the gab between a newbie who can rather quickly make ql 20 gear and people beyond him. The difference will still make a good difference, but not being that huge between useless junk and superior items that we have now. Especially when we consider enchanting and rarities ontop of that, we even enter an entire different gap ontop.  

if You start using a ql 1 Large maul, vs one ql 6 or 12 or 20, you see massive differences. And that is not so good, So that ql50 longsword will be for a HUGE amount of time the only proper choice such a new player has. As getting an item past it's efficiency is extremely hard to get, unless he excessively uses and ruins that sword. But even this takes a lot of time. So the new starter gear ruins progression as alternate gear will be a long time to go before reaching equal or even better performance. That's even more worse from the weapon point of view, because that player gets a lot skill in this sword. And this makes switching to any other weapon even harder in terms of an now well established wall of efficiency he gained in long swords. Same for tools, that "high" ql hatchet you start with is a pretty evil beast. Funnily I tried killing a pig with my ql 1 Large maul at extremely low fighting skill and that got me nearly killed because the efficiency form that ql 1 maul is basically like bashing the pig with something made out of paper. The wounds it did where, laughable, but cmon. it's still like 4kg of a weapon head that hits that pig, even if badly constructed that should do somewhat proper damage. So changing the efficiency of items with a higher base efficiency would grant newbies a better place to start with and feeling progression due to creating less "dead items" by their inferior efficiency.

And in WO, sure you can join any other settlement, but then what? You pretty much turn to the previous point of "grinding for the sake of grinding" because nothing you can do will have a somewhat proper utility to anyone else, (except maybe mining for stones for pavement and flattening the terrain. That is, why in WO I always was looking for people of rather equal skill and starting out somewhere new. As this is the only way to play the game without the "I fell inferior and useless" when a settlement has covered all professions with higher skills already. But this is a very newbie specific problem, because the higher your skills get, the less often will this happen, due to less people being far beyond your skills.

And when it comes to owning a deed or such. Being part of the economy and making money is the next thing he will be excluded form for a loooong time. unless again doing minor chores like digging and selling dort or such. I mean, whats the market for ql 30 tools?

Edited by PWreset
  • Like 1

I think everyone makes SOME sense.. but I definately do not think the game is too expensive... I hate to say it.. but since the game is so affordable, it seems reasonable that you'd have to buy some equipment to maintain safety outrun packs of hellhounds etc... but this game is not linear like most rpg's  right off the hop you have to face trolls, hellhounds and such with lesser ql items and thats a bugger without highskill but it forces you (like I and all others with any success to learn the mechanics) to watch youtube shows, explore the wiki etc to enjoy the game, I like the game for it is.. do alot of exploring while playing and take in the works of the players, not at all trying to pay for it by playing it.. Its too bad not everyone can see the game as what it is and not for what it should be.. but at least the devs listen to the players and program in positive ideas which are possible within the current framework in a reasonable time, it is a player  driven experience ... happy WUrm'in.. 

• Like 3

10 dollar aust is 6 dollars euro .I pay around  26 a mth to be prem n have a silver or 2 left around 4 more to have a home n land so 30 aust a mth. .  I really cant read 30 lines its not in me please quick points 4 lines .and last wurmians have the answers but no one appears to listen is what I get from it all .I no that sounds mean but good viable answers seem to go to the bottom of the page.    we need a 1 line invent page were u give your idea 1 line people then a boss actually has to approve or say pysicailly no on the 1 line idea .this way we all get a fair idea heard as we can see yes or no simple .as it is now its all up to us and we do no changes get it

7 hours ago, christopher said:

10 dollar aust is 6 dollars euro .I pay around  26 a mth to be prem n have a silver or 2 left around 4 more to have a home n land so 30 aust a mth. .  I really cant read 30 lines its not in me please quick points 4 lines .and last wurmians have the answers but no one appears to listen is what I get from it all .I no that sounds mean but good viable answers seem to go to the bottom of the page.    we need a 1 line invent page were u give your idea 1 line people then a boss actually has to approve or say pysicailly no on the 1 line idea .this way we all get a fair idea heard as we can see yes or no simple .as it is now its all up to us and we do no changes get it

https://poll.ly

?

Downside.. ****s with alts and multisessions/etc... will **** with the voting.. which isn't a reason to not try and vote ideas/suggestions this way... with just a 1 line opinion; cleaner simpler way to vote about something and stay on topic; further deeper discussion could continue on forums if that is something devs want to try.

I've seen another voting system that have been linked on forums a few timed before... though I can't remember the link.