Sign in to follow this  
GrFun

Updating the local server make me lose all the items in the inventory and skills

Hi,  updating my local server via "Manage local server" make me loses all the skills, all the items in my inventory but the writ of ownership and changes my position in the world.

There is a way to fix this? And mostly important how can I avoid this to happen again in the future?

Also the first time I play on a updated server everything runs fine for some time, then my settlement is deleted and my character starts to move really slow

I think they just meant, they get to the server control panel from the launcher button, "Manage Local Server". 

It's how I start mine, too:

Eo8KDWp.png

One of my characters also lost all items in inventory and logged in the middle of the ocean with all skills & stats reset to "1",  although another character was fine.

(this was updating to 1.9.0.0. beta test, I was planning a "fresh start anyway).  I have not had the issue with a settlement deleted and/or character moving slow. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Yes, that the exact problem I have (I'm updating to 1.8.0.3 tho), I wasnt playing for a long time and I didnt play too much so I was going to do a fresh start, but I would like to not having this problem the next time I update my local server

I don't know why it happened to both of us this time, especially since we were updating to different versions. I don't recall it ever happening in the past. It's never happened on any of the public servers I play on.

I wouldn't worry about it too much as it does not seem to be easily reproducible ... and thus hopefully won't happen again.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors