Sign in to follow this  
Themystrix

Sailing skill

Simple suggestion, give us sailing skill.

benefits could be:

• at 50 sailing 5% more speed to maneuver and speed
  • at 70 sailing 7,5% more speed to maneuver and speed
  • at 90 sailing 10% more speed to maneuver and speed
  • at 100 sailing 15% more speed to maneuver and speed

or 2%, 5%, 7,5% and 10%

Bigger boat types could give you more skill, Caravel would be the best to grind the skill with. Maybe add modifiers to if bigger boats are maneuvered in shallow waters it could give slightly more skill.

Mind logic, body control, body strength, body stamina could be affected also very slightly

or like suggested below, none of these at all, only sailing skill with those benefits Lets ditch these, its true it could be "macroed" i didn't think it thru.

could be like climbing skill, except not behind a button. ..... This way, we could enjoy more of sailing and give purpose to bigger boats!

some might say we need riding and running skills too!! with slight benefits so its not overpowered or required in combat

Edited by Themystrix
  • Like 2

It's a nice idea, though I see a macro issue here.

If sailing gives body stats you can disable pvp travel and start on indy going E via autorun feature (that will sail the boat for you) then go to bed and wake up on Pristine with fat skill gains.

Otherwise I like the concept +1

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

If sailing gives body stats you can disable pvp travel and start on indy going E via autorun feature (that will sail the boat for you) then go to bed and wake up on Pristine with fat skill gains.

What i thought of giving the body stats, it was meant to be minimal gains only, not something that you could get while doing LW or smithing stuff, a lot less.

I'd rather not grind movement skill.. and tie this to stamina and reword the WOGIC way that it drains stamina currently while you drive a cart/wagon/boat.. and drain it in tiny bits when boat's being controlled instead, rest of the time with sails.. you literally do nothing, how do you get tired from it?

Black desert had stamina grind.. which was trained by running around.... which expanded stamina in combat... here.. we already have stamina which is a skill.. and could be gained through various activities, we lack a wogic-free way to use it while moving with a vehicle.

my input.. I'd not bother for 10%.. 

20% or nothing, IMO.

Idea's good but, rather not have it as a skill and tie it to vehicle controls and body skills.

Edited by Finnn

I'd rather have some modified interface when embarked as commander than just a skill for speed. Ships already got buffed with runes and plot course.  It'd be nice if compass is in hold of ship, then you get a different compass to pop up which works while sailing (ships don't have to stop IRL to get a bearing). Maybe even add an astrolabe or something which can give you clues to your location (perhaps even only for a passenger). Shouldn't be too OP with the last one since veteran sailors can figure it out by landmarks.

1 hour ago, Sn00 said:

Avoiding that fat skill gain, It would be good if one minute or two to make skill check, example "Sail trimming, rudder check etc.."

but +1

Sounds like another gatekeeper for pvp (while sailing skill sounds good if pve only). Also, body stats from sailing sound crazy. Even body stats from walking would be  far less abusable.

I'd rather see a roleplaying aspect added to the sailing such as questions randomly popping up while sailing with decisions such as ''You see some  natives on the island in the distance. Do you want to trade with them? Want to attack them and take their belongings? Don't interact with them?'' All options except the dont interact ones having chance to fail or succeed and different rewards upon success and losses upon failure. If not answered for quite a while, it passes as don't interact and nothing happens.

20 hours ago, Maiev said:

Sounds like another gatekeeper for pvp (while sailing skill sounds good if pve only). Also, body stats from sailing sound crazy. Even body stats from walking would be  far less abusable.

Yeah, body stats might of been too much as i didn't realize it could be "macroed" even how little the gains would be(although server crossing is still pain), but what comes to PvP requirements, the numbers can be adjusted so it doesn't matter that much there, although, not really much boat fights happening currently. This was an idea to make sailing a bit more fun and pleasant.