Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

Marsh tile

See we can do a lot with transmutation liquid, but but not marsh tiles?

How about adding in marsh recipe under transmutation liquid.

• Like 5

Marsh is my sad and undervalued biome in Wurm. We really need a way to create it, it does not spread at al on its own. At least not a single time on my test area for many months.

• Like 3

I'd love to see a way to create reed tiles as well.

There's several new fruits to be juiced, perhaps this could be added in as two more tile types we can transmute.

+1

• Like 2

Marsh should spread again. All they had to do was lessen the spread chance, not remove it in their  overall overreaction style.

39 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

-1, marshland is cancer.

Tbh I don't understand this kind of comments. Dont' want marsh? Don't use transmutation liquid that turns tiles into marsh.

+1 to OP.

21 hours ago, nekoexmachina said:

Tbh I don't understand this kind of comments. Dont' want marsh? Don't use transmutation liquid that turns tiles into marsh.

+1 to OP.

And then when you inevitably quit and someone potentially wants to take over the area, they get the joy of removing all of that "wonderful" marsh. It's really not difficult to understand--the two major things that are simply obnoxious as hell to fix in this game are marsh and the rock layer (re: anything involving concrete).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Agatino said:

And then when you inevitably quit and someone potentially wants to take over the area, they get the joy of removing all of that "wonderful" marsh. It's really not difficult to understand--the two major things that are simply obnoxious as hell to fix in this game are marsh and the rock layer (re: anything involving concrete).

I resent and reject the notion that my sandbox experience has to be limited to the (highly subjective) standards of someone who may or may not want to take over my area later. There's enough space to go elsewhere.

If "fixing" these two things are such a problem then it needs to be made easier, instead of restricting players because of the notion that their work isn't easily reversible.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Agatino said:

I find let's say woodcutting annoying. When you inevitably quit, I'll have the endless joy of clearing out stupid forest you've grown. Let's remove saplings from this game.

On 3/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, Chlodovech said:

Marsh should spread again. All they had to do was lessen the spread chance, not remove it in their  overall overreaction style.

nah.. what's the benefit of having marsh invade your local? Annoyance? mhm... - NO

I'm ok for ways to create the tile... for other purposes... looks or digging grind, etc...

On 4/30/2019 at 9:42 AM, Flubb said:

I resent and reject the notion that my sandbox experience has to be limited to the (highly subjective) standards of someone who may or may not want to take over my area later. There's enough space to go elsewhere.

If "fixing" these two things are such a problem then it needs to be made easier, instead of restricting players because of the notion that their work isn't easily reversible.

Your bad taste aside, that wouldn't be a terrible idea. Lobby for those changes alongside this, then.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:39 AM, nekoexmachina said:

I find let's say woodcutting annoying. When you inevitably quit, I'll have the endless joy of clearing out stupid forest you've grown. Let's remove saplings from this game. 

Because something that takes one action to correct per tile is at all similar to something that takes a minimum of 10. Did you even bother to think before you posted this?

Edited by Agatino

7 minutes ago, Agatino said:

Because something that takes one action to correct per tile is at all similar to something that takes a minimum of 10. Did you even bother to think before you posted this?

One action to correct tile, HM.. one to cut. Then 30 seconds to bash stump. Or pave and place grass. Yea, sure one will do.

Fixing marsh is one action too: just buy a service of marsh removal on forum!

P.s. as per being rude, I'd suggest you to retake the lessons which your parents taught you. Might help.

12 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

One action to correct tile, HM.. one to cut. Then 30 seconds to bash stump. Or pave and place grass. Yea, sure one will do.

Fixing marsh is one action too: just buy a service of marsh removal on forum!

P.s. as per being rude, I'd suggest you to retake the lessons which your parents taught you. Might help.

You... are aware that stumps decay and go away on their own, right? I mean, even if you don't, that's still 2 actions vs. 10+, and only for those trees that actually are capable of leaving stumps.

...And I'm going to stop responding to you at this point, I don't think it's fair to purposely humiliate those with cognitive impediments.

Edited by Agatino

3 minutes ago, Agatino said:

You... are aware that stumps decay and go away on their own, right? I mean, even if you don't, that's still 2 actions vs. 10+, and only for those trees that actually are capable of leaving stumps.

...And I'm going to stop responding to you at this point, I don't think it's fair to purposely humiliate those with cognitive impediments.

Being incredibly salty and upset over a tile colour in virtual environments, coupled with inability to word sentences in a respective manner, is pretty much a definition of a behaviour of a person with severe cognitive impediments.

2 hours ago, Agatino said:

Your bad taste aside, that wouldn't be a terrible idea. Lobby for those changes alongside this, then.

Your petty assumptions aside, my point was about personal freedom of players being, not the fact that I don't even plan to put marsh anywhere around my deed or anywhere else.

Meaning that, in my opinion, you ought to lobby those changes aswell since you're the one concerned with the difficulty of reversing said actions instead of being the self-appointed arbiter of someone else's experience in the game.

+1
I would like if the marsh could spread.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 2:58 PM, Agatino said:

If you can remove something you should be able to create it. Marsh is one of the things that you cannot. Repairing surface mined areas is the other (with 40 slope limit of concrete). Disclaimer: I personally love marsh 

I would have nothing against chance to create marsh tho it would be nice if it would have some new nice properties making it somewhat unique (other than bigger chance to forage rice)

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 8:58 AM, Agatino said:

I agree with you here (especially about concrete). Yet, the OP's suggestion about the ability to *create* marsh is a good one because then it would be a choice to do so. At the same time the ability of Marsh to spread should be Removed! This is a just "compromise" for the ability to create Marsh. Give something, take something away at the same time Dev approach. ;)

=Ayes=

• Like 1