Sign in to follow this  
Puertorro

Ebonaura Kingdom graphics changed

I was wondering why the Ebonaura Kingdom graphics were changed. 

I spent many hours working on them and it would be nice to know if there was an issue that forced the edit.

Below are the graphics that where originally submitted:

y2H0l6z.png

iRa9SPB.png

j56WQUj.jpg?1

iML45Oq.png

No issue forced the edit, the kingdom submitted replacement images some time ago, before their disbanding. 

I can check with saroman to find out when 

Thank you! 

If you guys dont have the files I believe I can look to see if I still have the originals.

Just to clarify we won't be replacing them again, there are guides about changing kingdom graphics for WU packs however, you could do that if you wish to have them on your server. 

Ok thats fine.  I can just change them on the WU client side.  Is there a way to do it on the server side though?

I believe the serverpacks mod within agos modloader allows specifications of serverpacks to download. Players will need the mod enabled on their client but it can download custom texture. I will need to scour the mods forum, you may find it quicker than I 

Hey Retrograde,

After giving it some though, I realized that when I agreed that my art could be used in Wurm online, it would be to specifically use the ones that I provided.  The current images being used is a plagiarized version of the Coat of Arms that my wife created for the flag.  Whoever decided to change the design, did not ask for my permission to modify the images nor the creative rights to create one of their own using my custom made layers.  I still authorize Codeclub to use the original images I provided.  However, I do not approve of the plagiarized images of my design that are currently being pushed to all the Wurm clients.

Please advise on what would be the best course to proceed on.

Upon submission of artwork you fully transfer rights over to us. It is not authorising us to use them. 

If you wish to have your old kingdom graphics on your client, your easiest course of action is simply replacing the files within your graphics packs. 

However, if you wish for those graphics to be available to all who play your server, then I can speak with a server admin who I know has those enabled and find out more information from him. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

replacing the files within your graphics packs. 

Are we really allowed to do this?

3 minutes ago, Niki said:

Are we really allowed to do this?

Only in Wurm Unlimited, that's why Retrograde said "your server".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Upon submission of artwork you fully transfer rights over to us. It is not authorising us to use them. 

If you wish to have your old kingdom graphics on your client, your easiest course of action is simply replacing the files within your graphics packs. 

However, if you wish for those graphics to be available to all who play your server, then I can speak with a server admin who I know has those enabled and find out more information from him. 

That can work.  I did take the approach of manually updating the graphics.jar.  However, it is not practical for every person playing in my server.

Also, thank you for the quick response and providing an alternative.

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

If this is the case then why was it different for TC? Wouldn't the same transfer of rights have happened then too?

In fact thinking through this in the context of what was published about the TC case and comparing it.

1) P's wife was the artist of the original coat of arms. She hopefully provided permission to use it in the original artwork but did she also transfer derivative rights?

2) P created the work that appears was then used as the basis for what is currently published. Did he provide permission for the people who changed his image to use it the way they did? If not, isn't this the same situation where permission has to be provided for any artwork that later forms a new piece of art? TC mentioned having permission for the rose etc for instance

Curious more then anything.

Edited by Nappy

23 minutes ago, Nappy said:

If this is the case then why was it different for TC? Wouldn't the same transfer of rights have happened then too?

The person who created the artwork for TC was not the one to give it to CCAB for use. Even though said art creator was perfectly fine with having his work uploaded, he technically did not do it himself, therefore CCAB was forced to remove the artwork once he wanted it removed, 3 years down the road.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nappy said:

2) P created the work that appears was then used as the basis for what is currently published. Did he provide permission for the people who changed his image to use it the way they did? If not, isn't this the same situation where permission has to be provided for any artwork that later forms a new piece of art? TC mentioned having permission for the rose etc for instance

That was pretty much what I thought.  We gave away to Codeclub the right to use our image in the game.  However, there was nothing said in the agreement about someone else literally cropping a part of the COA that I came up with and that my wife created.  From my understanding of copyright law is that even though Codeclub is using the COA and have full rights to it, my wife still owns the creative and intellectual rights to it.

I dont want to create a fuzz im mostly curious on how it works when someone just makes a copy of your image to make their own without permission.

27 minutes ago, Puertorro said:

That was pretty much what I thought.  We gave away to Codeclub the right to use our image in the game.  However, there was nothing said in the agreement about someone else literally cropping a part of the COA that I came up with and that my wife created.  From my understanding of copyright law is that even though Codeclub is using the COA and have full rights to it, my wife still owns the creative and intellectual rights to it.

I dont want to create a fuzz im mostly curious on how it works when someone just makes a copy of your image to make their own without permission.

It's up to the creator (third party) of the design/graphics that it doesn't infringe on any copyright!
Code Club AB has the right to use the graphic made by the third party as it wishes!  
Code Club AB can remove any third party graphics at any time without any notification!
Code Club AB has the right to reject graphics that they do not think fit the overall style of the game!

Edited by Xallo

29 minutes ago, Puertorro said:

I looked up some of the images used on the artwork. I would be very careful with what you wish for as the licensure on these images is not in your favor. If you were to look up the usage terms of said images you'd realise that you have no claim over these images to begin with, and actually violated THEIR terms of use.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

How about flushing all pmk custom graphics down the plumbing.

I am pretty happy doing it on the client side so far...

Working out little graphics bugs.

fDlAhgW.jpg

Oh god. 

Next thing we know, Code Club AB will simply disable PMK graphic submissions. Lets not poke the bear guys.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Oh god. 

Next thing we know, Code Club AB will simply disable PMK graphic submissions. Lets not poke the bear guys.

+1 for template kingdoms only with better permission handling, alliances etc

On 3/16/2019 at 5:58 AM, Puertorro said:

I was wondering why the Ebonaura Kingdom graphics were changed. 
>> Tall Banner where missing so where tent's. plus alot of people wanted them a little brighter

I spent many hours working on them and it would be nice to know if there was an issue that forced the edit.
>>i feel u on this i did over 30 to 40 dif mokup of them 30 of witch did not have any of the old img at all.

On 3/16/2019 at 9:45 PM, Puertorro said:

<<<Codeclub has the rights to the img so me editing img's on behave of the kingdom/CC  to fix few online issue's still falls under there rights.
it was decided to keep your and your wife's art work intact best i could and bring it upto date with what i had. out of respect for your art and history with ebo.
i have never sayed i am a artist. i was only one willing to take on the prob and do what was best for kingdom.
Worked out we all got wagons we can see out of the back of becuz of me :-)..

i was not going to reply to this but i figured you would like to know why and how come.
Best of Luck to you and your. have fun wurming

Feisty Master Chainsmith Icbash
                                           (Get Off My Lawn)