Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Update "Reveal Creatures"

So, was hunting pheasants on Serenity by spamming reveal creatures, and a couple things occurred to me:

1) Standard procedure is to clear my event tab, hit the spell, copy and paste the entire tab into a text file, then do a search on the creature I'm looking for. If there's any better process, let me know! As it is, though, this seems really clunky and less than desirable.

What I'd like to be able to do (and if I were a mad wizard in a tower, I'd totally be researching this) is to have the option somehow of getting the Locate Soul interface: where I get to type the monster name, and only see that monster in the output. I realize there may be other, better ways to do this, but ultimately I want copy and pasting into a text file to -not- be the optimal process.

2) Standard procedure is also to run the Wurm client with monster draw distance at maximum, but grass draw distance (and terrain texture detail) at minimum. This allows me to see creatures like pheasants much more easily. Again, this seems less than desirable; I'd rather see all the pretty stuff Samool does, while not burning my eyes out doing pixel hunts or madly sweeping the mouse over the terrain.

Again, there may be multiple ways to solve this, but the "Detect Life" spell from Elder Scrolls comes to mind: upon the completion of a Reveal Creatures spell, highlight the creatures (if you're in range) as if you were hovering over them with the mouse, with duration/distance perhaps tied to cast power or rune QL.

Have you not used Wurm assistant? It has a log searcher.. 

• Like 1

While the wurm assistant is a useful tool I don't think people should be required to use a separate program to compensate for the lack of interactivity with the ingame interface. A creature specific "reveal creatures" option would be a useful workaround for the fact that the ingame interface is rather rough around the edges.

• Like 2

I use Wurm Assistant aswell, but the chat log in your character folder can also be used with search (ctrl-F).

To hell with searching thru text files.  Set up a trigger in wurm assistant for when "pheasant" pops in your event log.  You can have WA set up playing a sound so you know to check or keep riding to cast again.

I use find or grep on text files or... little script looking through event log for inspirations or whatever I choose to highlight instead(mostly it's inspiration/last meditation timestamp or fast check for new affinity)

Nothing fancy, I'm just lazy to use side app like WA.