Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Change right click dig action to dig to pile

Make the default digging action bind dig_to_pile and not dig.

5f2d671f83f229982df1ff61044c3754.png

Edited by Niki
  • Like 5

Dont be lazy and just bind dig to pile action - DONE, why devs should waste time on your laziness? -1

Edited by valodis
  • Like 1

-1 if you are right clicking to dig you are doing it wrong anyway.. just bind it!

18 minutes ago, Vaelir said:

-1 if you are right clicking to dig you are doing it wrong anyway.. just bind it!

It's still better to have it the way in the OP for quickbinding. I use space for whatever I'm doing at the time and it'd be faster to do quickbind off the right-click menu than opening console and typing it out.

Edited by LionIX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, valodis said:

Dont be lazy and just bind dig to pile action - DONE, why devs should waste time on your laziness? -1

nevermind that, learn how this work if you havent already,set all the keys youll ever need one time and be lazy all day long.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Quickswitch_hotkeys

learn how it works and then ignore the guides suggestions for keys, because they are terrible.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, valodis said:

Cause I said so that's why, why should I care what you have to say? Oh right I don't.

Never quite understood why when I dig anything, the resource dug goes to inventory, but when I mine, shards go to pile.  I understand there is a key bind "dig to pile" but why not make similar actions uniform? I think that is one of the minor (and possibly major) frustrations for new players. Things just don't seem to make much sense with regard to how many of the mechanics work. 

No serious complaints on my end when saying that... I've learned to adjust to "wogic". :P 

I see the benefit to making the change that the OP suggests though.

+1

Edited by Thalius

43 minutes ago, Niki said:

Cause I said so that's why, why should I care what you have to say? Oh right I don't.

If you don't care why you answer LOL!

Digging to pile as the standard is a massive QoL improvement, specially for newbies that still haven't learned/been shown the intricacies and possibilities of customizing keybinds.

We have that as default on sklotopolis.  World of difference.  And yes, I F1 keybind a lot.  

bind c dig

Nice and simple, straight to the pile.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, valodis said:

What you consider laziness, others consider quality of life.  Sometimes I click the tile and use the button actions instead (which some players prefer). Why should I be forced to play with keybinds?

As a quality of life change, this would be awesome and makes far more sense than us filling our pockets with dirt shawshank redemption style.

13 hours ago, Tpikol said:

nevermind that, learn how this work if you havent already,set all the keys youll ever need one time and be lazy all day long.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Quickswitch_hotkeys

learn how it works and then ignore the guides suggestions for keys, because they are terrible.

ohhhh this looks great.

I hope I can manage to fix ths so it suits me, big ty for posting it 

Makes sense that it works the same way mining does in that you drop the dirt/rockshards on the ground by default.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 10:14 AM, Sn00 said:

Makes sense that it works the same way mining does in that you drop the dirt/rockshards on the ground by default.

+1

just show both dig and dig to pile on the right click menu, just like it shows both drop and drop to pile. That makes the quickbinding easier.

Although I use keybinds for both actions I prefer that the standard "dig" action remains as it is. The reason for this is that with a dirt going into my inventory I can then drop it again to convert 4 tiles to dirt for planting crops or converting sand to dirt when doing a larger area, moving on to the next section and repeat. On the other hand dig_to_pile is always used when stationary in one position, so to have that one as the optional keybind as currently works best.

=Ayes=