Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 14/MAR/19 Journal Tweaks

PatchNotes.png

• New: You are now able to light furnaces if you are lacking a steel and flint with a kindling and a hot burnable item, both of which will be consumed.
    • If you happened to throw away or lose your steel and flint, you can now use hot burning items (wooden tools, wooden scraps, logs, cotton, cloth) along with a kindling to light a forge or oven.
    • Note that the item must be ‘burning’ and will be consumed when lighting the furnace.
    • Reminder: You can create a campfire using just a wood scrap and a kindling in order to get your burning wood or cloth items hot enough to light the furnace.
  • New:  Added title for 100 pickaxe.
  • Priest Change: Rite of Death is now able to be cast on Freedom servers but is a laundered version of the PvP ritual spell.
    • Rite of Death on Freedom servers will not create mycelium and will not cause head wounds, but will give the sleep bonus and skill bonus.
  • Priest Change: Updated the warning when using /transfer for the one time deity change to emphasize the WL/BL and pvp kingdom issues.
    • Warning: Converting to a deity on Freedom then travelling to a Chaos kingdom that does not align with your deity you will lose all faith and abilities granted, and you will stop following that deity. Libila does not align with WL kingdoms and Fo/Vynora/Magranon do not align with BL kingdoms.
  • Journal Change: A percentage indicator was added to some Journal entries which have multiple things required.
  • Journal Change: Casting a global spell achievement is now awarded to the caster as well as those linked to the caster.
  • Bugfix:  Reworded the mouseover for Chop Down Some Trees journal entry to make it more clear that the action must result in a felled tree.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed a number of movement issues.
  • Bugfix:  Changed the calculation method for the antigank CR bonus to smooth out the number and prevent it from jumping around so much.
  • ART: Fixed winter texture for all ages of bushes.
  • ART: Fixed the issue of some trees and bushes not being visible in certain seasons with the setting of pretty trees   turned off.
  • ART:  Infected and enchanted trees should no longer show fruit.
  • ART: Added normal and specular maps to weapons, shields, most tools, transports and a variety of other metal items

ClientUpdate.png

• Bugfix:  Fixed the issue where small animated items could be barely seen when using the place option.
  • Bugfix:  Fruit graphics have been removed from enchanted and infected trees as they cannot be harvested.
  • Bugfix: Fixed animations glitching back and forward during walking
  • Bugfix: After a year of vacation, birds have found their way back onto the skies of Wurm

The post Patch Notes: 14/MAR/19 Journal Tweaks appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

If you happened to throw away or lose your steel and flint, you can now use hot burning items

Been thinking about this forever. Excellent update!

Wait, but does this apply to lighting charcoal piles? That's the whole thing, otherwise butchered charcoal is still the only way to replace your steel and flint.

---

[08:23:24] You get a wood scrap.
[08:23:33] You start to light the pile.
[08:23:42] You light the pile.

[08:21:28] You light the lantern using the burning remnants of a candle (lit).

Spoiler

Edited by Meldichoir

Can not seem to log on... a series of client crashes. Is anyone else getting this since the update?

1 minute ago, Samool said:

Can you post the crash logs?

Ok. But am not finding them. They used to show up on my destktop I thought. Not there now. Don't see a crash log folder anywhere too. Still looking for them, sorry.

====== FAILED ASSERT ======
com.wurmonline.client.fgtPPuD8uC: Binding float uniform size mismatch, wanted 16 elements, buffer has 20
    at com.wurmonline.client.fgtPPuD8uC.mMV5oPkCW(SourceFile:63)
    at class.A3k28Y8oS0.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:104)
    at class.Dbupj67nuE.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:644)
    at class.QfeUX7dGdb.fgtPPuD8uC(SourceFile:1572)
    at class.QfeUX7dGdb.mMV5oPkCW(SourceFile:1225)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.fgtPPuD8uC(SourceFile:14494)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.run(SourceFile:38301)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Working on it, switching the renderer to Legacy should work as a temporary fix.

13 minutes ago, Samool said:

Can you post the crash logs?

Congratulations, you found a bug in the test client: <Binding float uniform size mismatch, wanted 16 elements, buffer has 20>

Please post the console log below on the wurm online forums, and describe what you were doing when it happened.

Contents of console.log:

Preparing to enable console logging.
Now logging to C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\console.teeebomb.log
Time is Thu Mar 14 08:09:39 EDT 2019
Running client version 4.0.79
         client build# 5e84a5adece896aaba527dfc2f3d50c3a6310fef
     client build time 2019-03-14 12:11

Try posting the crash log inside a quote or inside a spoiler tag. Or post on pastebin and link here.

Edit: it would seem that players with nvidia cards can login successfully, but players with AMD cards cannot.

Edited by Anarres

11 minutes ago, Samool said:

That worked. Thanks Samool.

13 minutes ago, Samool said:

No, I used a settings profile with Legacy and it does nothing.

Client update with two crash fixes coming out, please check it again in 5 minutes and let me know if it's all fixed.

• Like 3

I'm in thanks Samool o7

edit.. I think i'm on legacy, … I'll try to relog other way.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
update more words
  • Like 1

Ok. Got it. Renderer on Modern. Is working ? thanks again o7

Percentage on the journal entries are hilarious! Tempting to dive on some and frustrates on others that are ugly far :P

I also need to consider finally invest into a proper graphics card to see all the fancy item model pimps...

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Journal Change: A percentage indicator was added to some Journal entries which have multiple things required.

This is a nice change. Right now viewing it is a little clunky for me (the percentage sign is hidden by the right side of the window), but at least the critical information is visible.

37 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

This is a nice change. Right now viewing it is a little clunky for me (the percentage sign is hidden by the right side of the window), but at least the critical information is visible.

Numbers on unstarted or single unit tasks are showing 100%, when not started or shouldn't have a number at all. (wine and restore fragment for me).

@Samoolis outlining supposed to not work with this patch?

I can hover tiles and see it, but objects have no outlining now for whatever reason.?

--edit

added bug report about this:

Edited by Finnn

Client update just went out with fixed sky, hover outlines and fish. Restart and let me know what we broke this time!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Journal Change: Casting a global spell achievement is now awarded to the caster as well as those linked to the caster.

Can this be retroactively updated since journal beginning or do we have to cast again?

On 3/14/2019 at 12:05 PM, DevBlog said:

• Journal Change: A percentage indicator was added to some Journal entries which have multiple things required.

I have a few items that are white but at 100%. Bug or lack of explanation?

6 hours ago, Thorakkanath said:

I have a few items that are white but at 100%. Bug or lack of explanation?

It's possibly a rounding issue (you're at 99.X%).

12 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

It's possibly a rounding issue (you're at 99.X%).

Some of them are not a rounding issue atleast.

unknown.png

Either you plant a tree or you don't, can't really plant 99% of a tree :P

Edited by boilingfort

Sign in to follow this