IGT13KJ.png

Libila watches - Samool

Greetings Wurmians!

We’re back with another Valrei International, showing you all what’s been going on behind the scenes of the world of Wurm, so let’s get into it, ya ken? 

spec(tac)ular metals

One thing coming in today's update is the addition of specular and normal maps to metal weapons, tools, and parts of transport and furniture! It adds further depth and realism to these surfaces, just check it out!

Spoiler

rtp1nuz.jpg

foc3g2d.jpg

MF7NZ0G.png

3JtaXC7.png

I personally can't wait to see these after the update, I'm so keen! 

Journal Tweaks

We’ve been making some tweaks to some journal goals and clearing up some others in today's update. We’re also introducing a progress percentage display, so you can keep track of those big ones!

Tapdance deconstruction

Tapdance is a horrible mess of construction, whats happened? Team Shark has happened, with the tapdance redesign firmly under way. VEN member Fabricant will be streaming this process as he goes, expect disaster of hilarious proportions.

WU Beta

That’s right, after 180+ days of waiting, Wurm Unlimited is getting brought up to speed with Wurm Online! It’s a big beta with a ton of behind the scenes changes, so the beta will be fairly long, between 2-4 weeks. We’ll also be pushing an update to the beta some time during this with some WU specific fixes as well as including the update due out today.

Ongoing AWS work

Keenan is still hard at work with the foundations of shifting to AWS, looking at dockers and uh, honestly, half of it goes over my head, but you can catch it all here as he keeps updating it!

Whether you can follow it, or like me you smile and nod as Keenan excitedly tells you what big things it means, I hope you enjoy these type of devblogs, and I certainly will be encouraging more in the future!

Crusaders artwork

Last week we posted an announcement regarding the copyright issues we unfortunately faced regarding The Crusaders PMK designs. I’m super thrilled to say that they not only have replacements, but they have opened it up to public voting!

There’s some amazing designs on offer, and they want to know your opinion. Not only that, but one lucky voter will win a set of the winning design!

Hota rework

We’re gearing up for the HotA rework to go live in a coming update (not today's) . For the initial release it will run alongside the existing HotA system. From there we’ll work with feedback and tweak if necessary to ensure it’s engaging and achievable.

That’s it from us today, there will be an update in the next few hours with lots of goodies so you better not be too sleepy! 

Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 16

Spectacular indeed! :D

And the percentage of journal goal, nice!

Now if we could just get armour pieces to show as models and not a simple texture on our characters then we too could spectacular...

9 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Now if we could just get armour pieces to show as models and not a simple texture on our characters then we too could spectacular...

Soon!

• Like 12

Superlike the new shiny, can we please have a Bronze Statue of Tich added to the collection? :D

• Like 3

Great news indeed!

With HOTA change crawling closer is there a decision on Elé map reset? Will such a thing happen? I'm still insisting due the same reason: should we want to move our current settlements or will that work go poof if a new map is incoming...

@Jazthey have said that they would warn long before if a reset descision was made, meaning its not even on the map yet (heh get it).

But will a reset of ele do anything? This would be the third elevation we get on epic, not sure that changes anything, we need a new epic :D 

Gief new epic ?

Edited by Nocturnes

5 hours ago, Samool said:

Soon!

On Armour Stands too?? :D:D

• Like 2

Dunno, why the extra step of hot burning items?? 

"You can create a campfire using just a wood scrap and.." - It would be much smoother if a kindling and scraps is enough to light up Forges and whatever you want to light up. Easier to understand for new players as well. 

This extra step of a campfire to get a burning item, then to click that item to light a forge is just overcomplicated overkill, imo...

Bravo on the extra graphics, tho.

Edited by Daryan_AT
  • Like 1

New HOTA? can we get a map reset? seems silly to implement a system when a kingdom already owns most of the map.

Horse movement got a bit broken after the update. Going up or down high slope  freezes the game and horses look like they are having a teleporting seizure...

Edited by Gildi
minor text change
  • Like 3

Now to have armor stand show the pieces itself on display and not some standby model of leather ...

Nice work as always peeps ...

Any chance of making or adding a small crate to hold some wood near stove same setup as a bsb ..... for deco look ?