Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

The Crusaders PMK Graphics Community-Wide Vote

The Crusaders PMK Artwork Community Vote  

170 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would PMK Set would you like The Crusaders to use?

• Kingdom Set #1
    • Kingdom Set #2
    • Kingdom Set #3
    • Kingdom Set #4
    • I Would Like A Mix (Please Explain Mix Below)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/03/19 at 23:00

I like #3 the best, but think that the red vines/roses from #2 would look better on it. But must say, nice job overall, and thanks for giving everyone a chance to be included in the selection.

I have to say this is a turn for the best. I am not a fan of what happened to TC but in the end I have to admit it may have been for the better. The old design was a bit bland and I never really liked it, but these four pushed forward are quite amazing. My preference is #3 and it seems its also the winning one.

Great job there guys. Looks amazing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

@Xallois there a military tent graphic too?

Not yet, we decided to not wait so long for the tent design and push these sets to a vote. The tent for what ever wins will be following the design and scheme of the winner. 

• Like 1

While I voted for 3 , I like a mixture -

3 and 4's flag and small banner,

2 and 3's tall banner and

2 and 3's wagon

Dammit why can't we have all of them :)

Edited by Rhianna
forgot to add no 2 tall banner I liked
  • Like 2

Ohhh that was really hard choice. They all look great and eye luring. I chosen 4 cause of that straight cut between white/black and old pattern of red cross. but it was really hard choice.

I voted for a combination.

For backgrounds I like 3 and 4 the most (because I just like black so much).

It's understandable that you want to use the rose, but the combination with the cross on top of the rose is simply not doing it for me. The veins could also be a bit more modest.

It's just a bit too much of everything.

So I think you should consider leaving out either the cross or the rose or somehow seperate them in the design.

I think the designs have very much potential, but it needs some more work and finetuning.

I think to sum it up, I'll just quote one of my favorite artists:  Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. (Leonardo Da Vinci)

Edited by Amaluna
  • Like 1

I like the tall banner in the first set the most. I appreciate the simplicity and can actually see using it on my deed. The others look busy.  I wish you could take the cross off the face of the rose and make it the background with the rose as an overlay.

3 and 4 are interesting, but a bit busy imho.

• Like 2

I am a big fan of 4. 

Thanks to all those who contributed

• Like 1

The Marble Monstrosity NEEDS that tall banner in #1. I seldom shell out silvers for cosmetics, but I can see myself doing for that tall banner. I like the clean lines of it.

• Like 2

#1 but replace big rose with the cross and add generally a thicker white border to the cross so it's shape can be better distinguished from the thorns and leaves behind it. I think

Great work on designs and smart approach to get our vote ! ?

Well, being pro designer, I can see few imperfections here and can give some advice ( if I may to add my few cents of course ... errr coppers) 

I personaly like # 3 but rose under red cross need to be gone completely ! 

#2 is almost perfect but horizontal line on tall banner need to be same width as vertical just like on regular banner and on wagon make vertical black line visible and same width .

#4 is good but change dots on top half part  to white and extend folliage on both parts of tall banner, also make red cross bigger to keep symmetry balance and to give it more yin/yang look.

#1 is very pretty but suitable perhaps for Cinderella on mission to get her point across , replace cross with huge axe and you get the message ? BTW where is cross on tall banner ? 

So my choice so far is # 3  but if  you make changes I will pick #4 ! Just because I am Ciderella on mission to restore balance LOL ( well it is personal ) ?

Good luck everyone ! Can't wait to see esults !

• Like 3

I like #2 but think it'd be a little bit better if the red cross in the centre stood out a bit more against the black cross behind it.

Theyre all good though, #3 comes in at 2nd best imo

• Like 1

Looks great I LOVE the tall banner in #1 these designs looks much better than the original (no offense to whoever did the original one) Thanks for allowing everyone to vote on this, job well done!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Shagsangel said:

Looks great I LOVE the tall banner in #1 these designs looks much better than the original (no offense to whoever did the original one) Thanks for allowing everyone to vote on this, job well done!!!

Topkek @Quicktor

i voted a combination as i do like the #3 colors but i cannot condone putting an object with more detail behind a simple shape such as the cross, i feel this going against some sort of unspoken artistic principle it should be rose or cross there is actually a video about flag making which i feel could lend in part some guidelines for pmk flag making in general youtube.com/watch?v=pnv5iKB2hl4

although wurm flags can definitely be more detailed than say a country flag 

i would like to see more options in reality and since i have the technology i did some really bad photo shopping to see what those could be like

i wanted to see a purist black and also show the fixed smaller rose over top the cross

and another with a faded vine as i did like the black but not the inverse on the strip as it made it even more busy than the cross over the rose alone

over all you have awesome colors and good symbols but they need tweaking, and rearranging

screenshot-120.pngscreenshot-121.png

• Like 2

Looks like we have a winner 

3.jpg

We will now begin polishing the design and submit it to CC. 

Thsnks all that voted it was a close poll, we appreciate the feedback and suggestions. Xallo will be doing a giveaway once the new design is in, as mentioned in the OP. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 4

Just to re-iterate @Egard's  slightly early post above. Thank you all for voting. It's really exciting seeing all of the commentary, and I'm excited to finalize all of the artwork based upon the winning option.

Option #3 was chosen by the community, with Option #1 behind, so we will create the military tent with this in mind. We will also, at same time, fix up any quirky problems with the voted set, and ensure it will not have any graphical issues. We will also keep in mind any criticism for all of the options, and hopefully you will all be happy with the final results!

The winner will (hopefully) be announced in conjunction with the next Valrei International, along with the implementation of the PMK graphics.

Again, on behalf of The Crusaders, thanks everyone!

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4

That was quick!!!  Good job they all look very nice I can't wait to see them in game!!!

• Like 2

@Themystrix

Hi,

Congratulations you're the winner of the PMK pack - You were chosen at random. 

Pm will follow so we can arrange a drop off. 

Thanks all for opinions and advice and most of all for voting!

• Like 4

@Mclavin

Thanks for offering the community this opportunity! I hope it all was for the better and that the kingdom is satisfied with the results! 

Thread on, guys!

question, can these items be dyed?

I think it would be cool if somehow players could choose the colors for individual parts of the designs.

Also it would be nice if the player made Kingdom generation would include other mayors, because usually a Kingdom would and should start to appear as a association of multiple settlements. 

an I vote for #3

Edited by PWreset