Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

The Crusaders PMK Graphics Community-Wide Vote

The Crusaders PMK Artwork Community Vote  

170 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would PMK Set would you like The Crusaders to use?

• Kingdom Set #1
    • Kingdom Set #2
    • Kingdom Set #3
    • Kingdom Set #4
    • I Would Like A Mix (Please Explain Mix Below)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/03/19 at 23:00

Hello everyone, as many of you know, The Crusaders have had to replace their artwork due to a copyright claim, as explained in the PSA below posted a little over a week ago:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/168873-wsa-crusader-kingdom-graphics/

In light of this, The Crusaders have decided to host a public community-wide poll on our PMK artwork. Since a large amount of the Wurm player-base has purchased and/or acquired our kingdom merchandise, we thought it was only fair that everyone would have a say in what direction our artwork will head.

Below are four different options that, after meticulous designing and revisioning, The Crusaders have decided to post up for public vote.

Each design was placed into Wurm Unlimited in an attempt to give a fair representation of what the final outcome would be in-game.

The Military Tent and Tabard has yet to be designed, but one will be created in similar style to the winning Kingdom Set.

I hope you all are just as excited to vote on the artwork as we are!

One of each Kingdom Item will be given out to a voter at random, so be sure to vote in the poll above!

Below are the choices:

Kingdom Set #1

1.jpg

Kingdom Set #2

2.jpg

Kingdom Set #3

3.jpg

Kingdom Set #4

4.jpg

We are also giving the chance to vote on a mix. If you would like to see various portions of these PMK items, please vote for I Would Like A Mix, and mention which below!

The Winning Design(s) will be selected to be added, but slight changes may be necessary to ensure proper aesthetics in-game.

Again, thank you all for your patience and support while we go through this PMK re-skinning, and we hope you enjoy having your opinions heard! :D 

Polls close in roughly a week from this post, about 6PM Central US on 03/20/2019.

- Xallo / The Crusaders

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 14

Tough choice between #1 and #2. I really like how clean they look. Looks good.

• Like 2

Hard choice for me, to even narrow them down to this was hard, but it's a win with what ever the result is.

Just a short thank you

We had so many people contact us asking to lend a helping hand and to forward thier services, for free, thank you to everybody who contacted us and supported us. Thank you to staff aswell for reaching out quickly and guiding us. 

Thanks

• Like 9

I feel like the rose/cross overlap in 3 and 4 are a bit "busy", but I like the color patterns in them.

So, hypothetically, I'd like the color scheme of #3, but with the vine pattern from #2 (which is to say, without the rose).

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

Big fan of number 4. Although personally I would like to see the red being a bit more vivid than what is shown. It looks like it is drowning into the black/white combo.. 

Allenkey

• Like 1

#4 for it's crips clean lines looking good close up and far.   I like the reverse exposure work on #3 and #4 

I would like to see what #4 looks like with the red thinner vine of #2 through it as a red continuity but fine lined so it has sublty.

Though I have chagrin regarding the necessity of this, The offerings put forth are very nice and It very thoughtful and generous that you allow the wurm general public to participate in the design of your personal pmk.  It gives all ownership in it done in a community way.  Thank you, Crusader class there.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 7

A nice move to put up the designs for a community vote.

For me all four designs are somewhat too busy and ....well hard to find it in English what I want to express... the designs are a bit too soft and peaceful to fit on a blood soaked battlefield.

I would say #2, but optimally with less vines and ornaments.

I would also love to see the tent design too..

• Like 2

I'm a fan of #3. But that #4 wagon looks pretty exotic.

Gratz to TC for getting these new designs out and letting the community picking. Cant wait to see what wins

• Like 2

#2 but seeing as how majority are voting #3 I might just start removing crusader stuff from my deed ?

wts crusader pmk flags and banners.

edit:  I don't understand people and #3.... the black reminds me more of the Hospitallers... Are the Crusaders a Germanic Order or changing their name?

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

#2 but seeing as how majority are voting #3 I might just start removing crusader stuff from my deed ?

edit:  I don't understand people and #3.... the black reminds me more of the Hospitallers... Are the Crusaders a Germanic Order or changing their name?

While you have a point, were trying to make it as fair as possible. Also what do you have against the Hospitallers if I may ask?

6 minutes ago, Niki said:

While you have a point, were trying to make it as fair as possible. Also what do you have against the Hospitallers if I may ask?

Nothing against them, never stated I did.  Only the Kingdom is called The Crusaders.  While Crusaders did come from many nationalities, including Germanic, the images you used prior to the infringement issue were that derived from the Knights Templar.  Please see my red cross oooover  <---.   I'm just not a fan of the gothic look the black gives.  I see the appeal to some, I just find it odd going from traditional sterotypical red cross Crusader (which I like) to a gothic hybrid.  To me if it looks similar to Hospitaller, I'd call myself a Hospitaller.  Naturally, one can then argue if you'd used the red cross then you'd call yourself a Templar.   Let's tldr personal preferenc.

/dunno, sticking with #2 or right-click>burn

I get it's a game, and all fairness aside, the proposed images do show that time and effort went into them.  Please don't get me wrong, while I don't care for the designs, they are fantastic and amazingly well done.

Edited by Nomadikhan

32 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Sure send them to me half price

I would switch 1# wagon and put it in #2 than i would pick #2

Edited by Emohobo
  • Like 1

For me I'd like to see the wagon from number 4, put into number 3. Just because i think it needs that little extra white.

• Like 1

I like the Number 1  and  2 as they are white.    So many of the other skins cover the black and red.   

I would love 3 with the Cross being brighter Red and a little longer on the tall banner

Honestly, #1 and #2 look like Christmas decor, but I really like #3.

Number one but without as much details and a bigger cross on the small banner. Big fan of the old small banner one of the best ones imo.

Edited by Fotb
  • Like 1

It is very hard to see the wagons properly.  But I love the overall #1 look, except that the large banner on #1 just doesn't work, I'd go #2 there probably or redesign it somehow. I really can't say for sure on the wagon though without a better picture.

What I can say is that I don't care for #3 or #4 at all.  Not something I'd go for myself. I could see myself buying a #1 wagon.