Sign in to follow this  
Seraph

How do you convey how hardcore Wurm is?

I want to promote Wurm Online in my website but I feel I need to convey just how "HARDCORE" Wurm Online is so I'm looking for suggestions I can use.

To me Wurm Online is like some Grandmaster on some remoten mountain somewhere removed from the beaten path you have to make your own roads in. When you're in your middle ages and you've beaten 'bout every game out there and you discover there is a secret award you can get by going on some outlandish adventure like the cartoon 'The Regular Show'
You can go normal mode by playing Wurm Unlimited and that can be quite enjoyable but only the hardcore go !!HARDCORE!! wurm Online is very close to rl ..you can buy a 15 euro hammer ..it has an x8 time modifier so buy the time you've played 16 years you're about upto equal speed.

I can see the resemblance to raising a child playing Wurm Online

So how would you go about conveying how "HARDCORE" Wurm Online is?

Edited by Seraph

WU isn't normal mode, that is easy mode, WO is normal mode. :)

1 minute ago, Cecci said:

WU isn't normal mode, that is easy mode, WO is normal mode. :)

WU throws up a challenge even to normal players and by normal players I come down a notch or so on what we consider normal coz even that gets pretty hardcore

• Like 1

WO is a very niche game for people who understand the value of earning your achievements. Apart from that, it's the best terraforming game out there.

• Like 6

Still not as Hardcore as Rust.

Or maybe it is, just in a different way. It's like Rust where living long enough to get something done is actually viable, and there is about 5x as much depth to all the mechanics of the game.. And probably more TO the game, period.

Edited by whereami

1 minute ago, whereami said:

Still not as Hardcore as Rust.

Or maybe it is, just in a different way. It's like Rust where living long enough to get something done is actually viable.

I've heard that before. I nearly tried Rust till I heard how hard it is to survive

In Wurm Online you make of yourself what you will.  You are in charge of your fate.  Put in the man hours and be a master road builder.  Explore the darkest caves and carve out a dwarven home.  Journey on crusade, ridding the land of vicious beasts, on a personal quest to becoming a master swordsman.  Erect a castle and call yourself a Lord or Lady.  Brick by brick, one at a time, you build your future.  Only in Wurm Online can you do what you want, create what you want, and leave a very lasting impression on this massive world players call home.

Wurm Online isn't your typical MMORPG.  Everything you see is hand built and created by players.  Ships that sail,  castles that tower above the treeline, and long highways of paved road are all made by players and take many hours to complete.  Your pure imagination and sheer perseverance are the only obstacles in this massive world.  There are no instances, no personal home spaces or dungeons, everything persists in one giant world.  You had better grow up fast and learn to handle that weapon, because that aged spider isn't going to vanish when you go into your house... he's hungry and he knows you need to come out and harvest your fields today.

So the choices are yours and only you can shape your destiny...what will you do? 

Edited by Nomadikhan
grammatical and spelling issues corrected
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

In Wurm Online you make of yourself what you will.  You are in charge of your fate.  Put in the man hours and be a master road builder.  Explore the darkest caves and carve out a dwarven home.  Journey on crusade, ridding the land of vicious beasts, on a personal quest to becoming a master swordsman.  Erect a castle and call yourself a Lord or Lady.  Brick by brick, one at a time, you build your future.  Only in Wurm Online can you do what you want, create what you want, and leave a very lasting impression on this massive world players call home.

Wurm Online isn't your typical MMORPG.  Everything you see is hand built and created by players.  Ships that sail,  castles that tower of the treeline, and long highways of road are all made by players and take many hours to complete.  Your pure imagination and sheer perseverance is the only obstacle in our massive world.  There are no instances, no personal home spaces or dungeons, everything persists in one giant world.  You had better grow up fast and learn to handle that weapon, because that aged spider isn't going to vanish when you go into your house... he's hungry and he knows you need to come out and harvest your fields today.

So the choices are yours and only you can shape your destiny...what will you do? 

Nicely written, should also mention that being part of alliances/villages/community comes in very big role when you first start out and to some extense later on.

• Like 2

Just now, Themystrix said:

Nicely written, should also mention that being part of alliances/villages/community comes in very big role when you first start out and to some extense later on.

Very true.  If the OP wishes they can take what I wrote and build on it, or anyone here for that matter.  This game is so awesomely massive I think I could construct a 42 page essay on it XD

Nomadikhan is correct.  Their is nothing quite so hard as self motivation.  If you need a game that tells you go here do this then Wurm is not for you. On the other hand if you see a mansion on a hill where there is only rock Wurm is your game.

• Like 2

there is a 0,00001% chance that you will log into this game more than once. how is that for hardcore!

• Like 5

I like to describe wurm as a medieval peasant simulator. 

• Like 1

Been playing Atlas, and (not surprisingly) I find I don't miss the noise of the Wurm skillgrind, or the silly RNG. Those things are a false, empty "hardcore".

What I -do- miss is the feeling of massive persistence, yet being able to slowly, but lastingly, terraform the world. That's the true hard core in Wurm that keeps me playing.

(In Atlas, however, everything grows back, even stones. While I can understand the design decision, that one difference makes Atlas feel softer and shallower than Wurm.)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Seraph said:

I've heard that before. I nearly tried Rust till I heard how hard it is to survive

it is easy to survive there, it's hard to settle.. with the neighbours :)

wurm's illogical, wogical being; there are dragons, sometimes just illusory.., goblins, even trolls.. in chat at times, but that's like any other mmo with community for everybody;

All you need is a sword, no a shovel, to shape your own world - a path, a flat.. spot to build a house, a farm, village, marketplace or hub of sorts to meet with others.

One of few games with actually working terrain re-shaping feature which works, and is persistent.. quite real sandbox for kids.. and grown ups..

Toughest monster in the game is not an actual being, but your own desire to achieve more than what you were and you had yesterday.

If you want to advertise the game, just promise people a sandbox, quite literal, it's what they'll get around - wu/wo all the same, difference is just the mods, community, challenges which comes with that.

• Like 1

Wurm is easy. Dedicating yourself to achieving what you desire in Wurm is the only hard thing in the game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kabill said:

I like to describe wurm as a medieval peasant simulator. 

Medieval fishing simulator now. ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Trevize said:

Medieval  Modern fishing simulator now. ?

Fixed that for you :P

• Like 2