Sign in to follow this  
Ohana

Whats happening at the Mystic Lake, All boats Canal?

Wanted to let Deli folks know that I am working on this Canal.

I hope to get it fancied up enough to apply for heritage status.
I have opened either entrances up at 3 wide. A lot of work to be done still. The entrances fancied up, a cart access put in on the north  in case a highway wants to be hooked up later.

Canal History: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/63111-ne-canal-open-for-all-boats/
Canal Location on in Game map: J25
Community map: 1905, 801

There is a deed north of the Canal. That I wanted to talk to. I hate doing work so close to a deed with out talking to the players. But I've been here for 2 weeks and have not seen them.

Deed: Aquanimity
Founder: Tyz

https://twitter.com/WO_Deliverance/status/1035710763950923777

Thank you to everyone who has helped out: (Alphabetical listing. I'm horrible at remembering things, if I forgot someone let me know.)

@AlmostSolitude2@Anarres, @DragonHeart @Farmboy102@Lisabet@MacOofer, @Markcrow@Lisabet@Steveleeb,  @syncaidius, @Yaga

• Like 7

looks to be a nice canal , keep up the good work

@Steveleeb IS the path still clear to do a highway from your place to Hale Ohana?

From there I need to make a highway down to the canal's east entrance. 
My goal is to connect Hanalei, Hale Ohana, and both sides of the Canal with the Highway system.

• Like 1

As I read the post title I thought this was to be about some mysterious happening on Deliverance but still I am not disappointed to read that Ohana has decided to revive this boat cave tunnel with improvements. It will be another well designed cave boat tunnel access to be added to the extensive collection on Deliverance and hopefully Heritage status.

Having an aversion to boat travel myself I was pleasantly surprised and impressed when a few months back I decided to row one of my characters from Turtle Lake south of Green Dog all the way north to the boat bridge crossing to Independence. This part of the trip lead me to appreciate all the work others had done to create these boat tunnels, of which I passed through about 4 or so of them on my journey. Very well done and make for a much more interesting trip through Deliverance than the seemingly endless sailing in the waters off the coastline.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Willing to ? take any donations of beams, mortar, cateyes or lamps.

There will be a bridge, but haven't decided on what type yet.

Also if anyone is close and wants rock shards they are laying all over, waiting for a good home.

There is one Sandstone vein that needs removing:
[18:59:35] It is of normal quality.
[18:59:35] You should start to prospect for another vein of this ore.  (between 1000 and 3000)

six Iron ore veins
[18:55:44] You would mine iron ore here.

[18:55:44] It is of acceptable quality.
[18:55:44] Only a few weeks mining remain here. (between 5000 and 10000)
[
18:56:26] It is of normal quality.
[18:56:26] Only a few weeks mining remain here. (between 5000 and 10000)

[18:56:47] It is of very good quality.
[18:56:47] You should start to prospect for another vein of this ore.  (between 1000 and 3000)
[18:57:11] It is of good quality.
[18:57:11] Only a few weeks mining remain here.  (between 5000 and 10000)
[18:57:34] It is of good quality.
[18:57:34] The ore is starting to deplete.  (between 3000 and 5000)
[19:01:39] It is of normal quality.
[19:01:39] You should start to prospect for another vein of this ore.  (between 1000 and 3000)

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 4:45 PM, Ohana said:

@Steveleeb IS the path still clear to do a highway from your place to Hale Ohana?

From there I need to make a highway down to the canal's east entrance. 
My goal is to connect Hanalei, Hale Ohana, and both sides of the Canal with the Highway system.

sorry for the late reply i don't lurk anymore and have moved to Exo. (Trinsic is 2 years secure).  received your pm and exchanged words in-game.
Unfortunately the bridge that goes up the mountain from Fabled Halls is only 1 tile wide. This is the road that leads to the mountaintop route.
Once past the bridge it's perfectly possible to make a 2 wide highway with a little surface mining here and there. Which i'd gladly do. I have the required perms for Fabled Halls and Fablecrafter will enjoy the prospect of a highway link over the mountain. I'm not sure if the route is clear it's been a year since i was up there. I will check.
I'll also check as to whether it's possible to widen the mountain-pass bridge. (i wish it could be done without knocking the entire thing down)
The canal's east entrance is rockface and sea, one of the 2 bevelled roads can connect to the canal on the east side, this highway as you've suggested tobe directly connected to hale ohana.
d9R4S1q.jpg
the over the mountain road i created a year or so ago, should be easy to upgrade into a 2-wide networked highway. this road will meet up with the chosen bevelled route on its way to Ohana.
We could make a highway from fabled halls (low altitude entrance) to the west entrance of the canal (sloppy hollow side), this would connect the canal to the highway (there is a networked highway to the halls, despite it being missing from the map) but i need to check the angle of approach, the topography looks a bit daunting.

alternatively we can network the already existing unused highway that i've highlighted in the below image. This seems the most rational course of action.
(unless we link it instead from the highway corner i've marked to the bottom left, there is a bridge going across the water to its east, dealers choice)
The yellowed route to the east is an already networked highway to fabled halls that the map is missing. This bluntly yellowed highlight could be connected to the west side of the canal entrance but it's probably better if we used the bevelled route (or other) with a waystone where it meets the highway.
mwgKtjW.jpg
As promised i'll have a proper look in person over the next couple of days, see you when you're back. ;)
For those that have lived here for some time, Fabled Halls is where Bacchus Vineyard used to be, the mine is now through expense, vision, commitment and love, a dwarf's palace and open for tourism.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<edit> - the bridge can be widened but it'll have to be the last thing we do because i haven't the mats. 1 week of surface mining will yield a two wide highway up the mountain instead of the 1 wide that it is at the moment.
When you get back on next week, have a look. hopefully i've covered all potentials.  :)
-continued through pm / we need to find Aquanimity (player)-

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 2

All the nitty gritty is done on this.

3 wide entrances on both sides all the  boat canal which is 5 tiles wide.

Cart (future highway) tunnel 3 wide and entrance 3 wide.

The sides are all beamed. 

We are at the part where we need to pave and Cat eye this. 

Beams, Mortar, Marble bricks for Cladding. 

For the highway cart tunnel 250 beams/250 mortar need.(Just need 50 beams for this part now).

For Cladding 2400 Mortar, and 2400 Marble Bricks
Have 1k of  bricks and 1k Mortar.

20 lamps, any type really just so long as they are all the same type.

Marble Braziers 8: 50 marble bricks, 50 mortar, 1 gold x 8. (Thank you Sol, your crazy)

Bridges 280 Marble bricks, 280 Mortar x 2(Thank you Yaga for the bricks!)

To pave the canal it would be 400 support beams and 400 mortar.

I might close and reopen the entrances, the entrance are not "Exactly" the same and I might have to make it uniform, maybe :D East Side entrances are looking nice. West side still makes me want to cry.

Special thanks to all those who have been helping out!

@Steveleeb, @Anarres, @syncaidius@AlmostSolitude2, @MacOofer

Edited by Ohana
Updated mats needed.
  • Like 6

We are making also a tunnel on the south side, two-tile only, for convenience. I think this side won't be highway, just available for lazy travelers, as it had been started years ago.

Currently, one-tile tunnel is opened all the way, and we have another pretty bunch of veins in the way:

[20:15:34] You would mine lead ore here.
[20:15:34] It has a max quality of 76.

[20:15:34] You should start to prospect for another vein of this ore.

[17:24:49] You will be able to mine here 2065 more times.

[20:15:50] You would mine lead ore here.
[20:15:50] It has a max quality of 92.

[17:23:50] You will be able to mine here 9528 more times.

[23:55:17] You will be able to mine here 4264 more times.

[20:15:58] You would mine sandstone shards here.
[20:15:58] It has a max quality of 29.
[17:23:31] You will be able to mine here 8078 more times.

[20:16:16] You would mine rock salt here.
[20:16:16] It has a max quality of 32.
[20:16:16] You will find salt here!

[20:16:35] You would mine lead ore here.
[20:16:35] It has a max quality of 38.

[17:22:42] You will be able to mine here 3389 more times.

[20:17:26] You would mine iron ore here.
[20:17:26] It has a max quality of 64.

[17:21:31] You will be able to mine here 8839 more times.

[16:57:00] You will be able to mine here 3122 more times.

[20:17:53] You would mine iron ore here.
[20:17:53] It has a max quality of 53.

[17:15:31] You will be able to mine here 7413 more times.

[20:18:01] You would mine iron ore here.
[20:18:01] It has a max quality of 96.

[20:18:01] Only a few weeks mining remain here.

[17:12:54] You will be able to mine here 1438 more times.

Edited by Anarres
  • Like 1

Is there still stone lying around? May come up with my wagon to grab some large crate fulls

plenty, some already rotten or rotting away, some fresh as of today (4.000 shards +- super fresh)

Edited by AlmostSolitude2

48 minutes ago, AlmostSolitude2 said:

plenty, some already rotten or rotting away, some fresh as of today (4.000 shards +- super fresh)

Okay cool! I’ll stop by tonight then :) Just gotta get a 4th horse hahah 

750 Marble Bricks have been donated. Thank you!

300 Cateyes have been donated. Thank you

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gawain said:

Is there still stone lying around? May come up with my wagon to grab some large crate fulls

To get to the stone, you need to end up on the south side. which is currently, A bit convoluted and part of it un-paved.

You have to go south to the lake edge then east up the hill then a little south again then down the east mtn.

the purple line is the route:
http://prntscr.com/n18lu3

• Like 1

@Markcrowstopped by to blow out the last of the rock in the access tunnel.

Dragonsheart came from Pristine, to help make support beams.

Thank you both and everyone else who is helping to make this happen.

https://prntscr.com/n23f1n

Paving the Land tunnel today.

• Like 2

@Yagadropped off some more marble bricks today. I swore I was going to do stone. But ended up with Marble instead.

Thank you

• Like 2

Hey guys,

Do you guys still need any materials, also do you guys need any help smashing out some veins?

• Like 1

There are lead, iron and sandstone that can go.stone is done. Your more then welcome to haul away stuff after mining .  Please take it ? main need is beams,  marble bricks,  mortar.  I counted only one  wall on the cladding.  So claimed  750, when I really needed 2400 on the mortar and  marble  bricks. So still  need  900 to 1200 on each of those.  If any one wants to clad that still needs to be done.  As does flattening the stupid ceiling,  while drowning! 

• Like 1

Some screenies of the work so far (outside mines)

Spoiler

nYAb2qZ.jpg
AgZkyxo.jpg
j3BMeUc.jpg
4dztLZR.jpg

maZWBMF.jpg

rZXUJpg.jpg

0gWWeGs.jpg

zpgRM1h.jpg

OkFOU37.jpg

Lm7qlUq.jpg

zNjED9n.jpg

rlPSfe3.jpg

kXsXRJs.jpg

IweLBuy.jpg

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 6

That's a damn  beautiful highway Steve!

• Like 2

I'm way too goth to agree  ;):D
whiteness aside, the geometry is what's important, im glad it's turned out well, pride is reward.
I'm glad u like it.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

I don't have easy access to marble but Will swing by tomorrow evening with some mortar and beams :) Hopefully there is still work left to be done by that time. If not I'll just help you peeps mine out some of those veins that need to die

Edited by Farmboy102
  • Like 3

Thank you @Farmboy102Mortar, beams, and mining!

Thank you @LisabetPillars, Statues and Marble bricks to help make up for my miscount.

• Like 3

Good morning peeps, seeing that all the mining is done, whats next? 

• Like 1

we still need to reinforce some floors and clad some walls i think  and probably smooth the whole mountain

• Like 1

Hi folks, 

I dropped of the face of Wurm for a few days, sorry.

Pulled my back and have been layed up since Friday.

• Like 1