Sign in to follow this  
bdew

WU 1.9 Beta

If anyone needs a place to test we have a test server up running all the usual mods from Otherlands and a copy of one of our live maps (Avalon). The server will stay up as long as the beta goes (minus updates/crashes :P)

JHGYTTe.png

• Like 1

it says HUGE update but its only 16mb? or is it just messed up for me?

Site I usually use to decompile it is having issues, so havent even got a decompiled server yet.

Edit

ok tried some fishing, its very much like real life, 15 mins, no fish, lost 5 bait, no skill up  lol

Did some testing on lore, its depth check is um not what I expected, -140 is 14 meters, - 70 is 7 meters. so for "deep" water you need water more than 250 deep.

[16:47:27] You believe this area of water to be not water around a depth of 56m.

this was basically edge of my map which should really be open sea.

Edited by Cuddles

6 hours ago, Cuddles said:

it says HUGE update but its only 16mb? or is it just messed up for me?

For me it was about half a gig download

6 hours ago, Cuddles said:

Site I usually use to decompile it is having issues, so havent even got a decompiled server yet.

I use procyon which works fine, no need to deal with any sites (https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/procyon)

weird mine was so small, I got it decompiled eventually and all good now.

Only 1 mod of mine got broken, that i know of so far.

They changed addwound, they added in an argument for no minimum damage, which we have been asking to get for years, shame they hard coded all but 1 of the calls as false, the only time i found they did true was for an aoe damage. So we still need to actually hook into addwound to make it so 1 handers can actually hit a unique. *sigh*

We don't seem to be able to get the new journal to work, has anyone figured out how to work it? Or is it glitched?

Things tried:

Cut 5 trees

Make nails

Create mallet  

Flattened tile

Plant crops

EDIT: these worked fine when I tried a standalone 1.9 beta server on my own computer, so issue was only on the Sklo test server.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

3 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

We don't seem to be able to get the new journal to work, has anyone figured out how to work it? Or is it glitched?

Things tried:

Cut 5 trees

Make nails

Create mallet  

Flattened tile

Plant crops

Throwing any server side errors?

I am on the Sklotopolis test server so I will have to ask Dom/Eng/Sklo about server errors.

PS: Does this mean it is working fine on other testing servers?

41 minutes ago, ausimus said:

This is the only thing currently coming up:

And my server admin found some dirty things in the code. I also need to look into my previous bug posts, if things I reported broken for 1.8 are still broken in 1.9. Building for example is still broken blowing the server jar file up for example by having most of the classes two times in it.

Mar 12, 2019 9:12:26 PM com.wurmonline.server.players.Achievements loadAllAchievements
WARNING: Error parsing time stamp
java.sql.SQLException: Error parsing time stamp
        at org.sqlite.jdbc3.JDBC3ResultSet.getTimestamp(JDBC3ResultSet.java:526)
        at org.sqlite.jdbc3.JDBC3ResultSet.getTimestamp(JDBC3ResultSet.java:579)
        at com.wurmonline.server.players.Achievements.loadAllAchievements(Achievements.java:950)
        at com.wurmonline.server.Server.startRunning(Server.java:943)
        at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer$1(ServerLauncher.java:130)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:56)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)
        at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startDB(WurmServerGuiController.java:1496)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.main(WurmServerGuiMain.java:101)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:286)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:35)
        at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:286)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
Caused by: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "2017-09-10 14:42:03" does not match (\p{Nd}++)\Q-\E(\p{Nd}++)\Q-\E(\p{Nd}++)\Q \E(\p{Nd}++)\Q:\E(\p{Nd}++)\Q:\E(\p{Nd}++)\Q.\E(\p{Nd}++)
        at org.sqlite.date.FastDateParser.parse(FastDateParser.java:299)
        at org.sqlite.date.FastDateFormat.parse(FastDateFormat.java:490)
        at org.sqlite.jdbc3.JDBC3ResultSet.getTimestamp(JDBC3ResultSet.java:523)
        ... 25 more

Edited by Sklo:D

1 hour ago, ausimus said:

This would be great to be fixed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

This would be great to be fixed.

Ouch I sure hope they get this fixed quick... On a big server with a large and active population, this could get nasty.

Is there any chance that a database bloated with players logging in and out, might be causing some of the authentication error issues?

I know we are losing some new players who refund the game back to Steam  because they cannot get past frequent authentication errors...

I wonder if it's what's making it impossible for me to #pardonsteam on a player banned by Steam ID?

28 minutes ago, Batta said:

I wonder if it's what's making it impossible for me to #pardonsteam on a player banned by Steam ID?

hmm could be, haven't looked into that.

edit, nvm was half asleep.

theory #2

I don't think the hashmap "historySteamId"  is even being populated and so when the method checks if the steamid already exists in the hashmap it always returns false and so adds it again to db.

in com.wurmonline.server.players.DbPlayerInfo the method setSteamId checks if the steamid is already in the hashmap and if not then it adds it to the db, weird way of trying to do things but regardless I am pretty sure the hashmap is actually empty as the method loadHistorySteamIds is never actually called anywhere. That probably sounds confusing.

tbh i think only way to fix this is to completely replace the code in method com.wurmonline.server.players.DbPlayerInfo.setSteamId to something that actually works...

Edited by Cuddles

For the dates in the achievements table you can run as a workaround for now

update achievements set adate=strftime('%s',adate)*1000 where length(adate)==19;

Just make sure you run it on the test copy, not your live sever :P

I did report it on discord and budda said he'll look into it.

---

@Brash_Endeavors- i haven't tried fully completing tiers yet but at least the steps do complete on my test server. Do you get the respective achievements triggered when you complete them or is that not working either?

---

And yeah the steam ids table is annoying, i just looked and i have 16k entries on my login server. I don't even know why it's needed, not like players can change their steam id without admin help... it could be just a field on the players table. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 3:14 AM, bdew said:

--

@Brash_Endeavors- i haven't tried fully completing tiers yet but at least the steps do complete on my test server. Do you get the respective achievements triggered when you complete them or is that not working either?

--

I would get nothing triggered. However I have also been suddenly having severe unplayable connectivity issues both with Sklotopolis & Otherlands beta servers, I PM'd you in case this might be some network issue on my end that you might have ideas about, as I could not even complete creating a character on Otherlands, and had to quit trying to play on the Sklo test server as it became unplayable. The rest of my internet seems to be just fine. I suppose it could be related to that, though none of the other testers on the Sklo server were getting journal updates either so i am pretty sure it was not just me there. 

Edit1: Must have been my internet connections as today I could log into Sklo/Otherlands beta test servers without issue.

Edits:  when I ran a solo standalone server with the new update, I got the achievements updated fine, so seems to be an issue more on the Sklotopolis beta server (Dom).

At the end of the tier:  [09:41:12] Congratulations, you have now unlocked Finding the Path in your journal.

Aww... I was hoping for the new hedge textures... Can't have it all I suppose :P 

2 hours ago, Joneya said:

Aww... I was hoping for the new hedge textures... Can't have it all I suppose :P 

I am not sure if this is what you mean, but these rose & camilia hedges are in 1.9.0.0.

Qw7DFyv.png

q8nfUum.png

They never do get quite everything into the patch notes, but I think we can be assured we will have all of the 2018 content at a minimum, and maybe some of the early 2019 (desync bug fix is confirmed by Retro)

Sorry about a nighttime shot ?

• Like 1

Don't think there's even WO notes for those.

We tend not to include notes for model updates, too many tweaks and adjustments going on all the time 

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Don't think there's even WO notes for those.

We tend not to include notes for model updates, too many tweaks and adjustments going on all the time 

\o/ Thanks Retrograde and Brash :) I was unaware - some of the texture models you have announed at least in the Valrei International, but perhaps not in patch notes? I must admit I rarely read those things :) It would have been a huge update either way - but now I can get extra excited again (I am working on a labyrinth of my own - it's been designed with the new graphics in mind - hence the hedge need :D ).

9 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

but these rose & camilia hedges are in 1.9.0.0.

Do you know if we'll be getting the oleander hedges, too?

Yes oleander too

oREMHiv.png

• Like 2

The chicken coops and oleander hedges are the things I've been looking forward to.  ?

• Like 1

With 1.9 coming out soonish, is there an easy way to back up characters/map on a WU server so it doesn't get wiped out?

It seems every time there's been an official update, and it updates the client and server the maps and characters are wiped. Now it's only my little test toons, so no big deal, but what's the quick and dirty way to avoid this wipe?

Do you need to export/import the toons/map data from somewhere into the new version?

7 hours ago, Belrindor said:

It seems every time there's been an official update, and it updates the client and server the maps and characters are wiped

This has never happened to us, over many servers. I wonder if you're somehow reinstalling Wurm after updates, rather than just updating?